• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bras Basah Pen Shops (Montblanc)

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fook Hing Trading Co.
福兴贸易公司
Bras Basah Complex #01-23, 231 Bain Street, (S)180231
Tel: 6337 3045

01-23.jpg

Give them a call, Bro.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
want to buy Montblanc pens oso must have class, not at Bras Basah lah. I think MB pens are controlled in price lah. If u find any at BB, must be fake one, bro. Like that, Thailand oso got a lot, even cheaper one at Chatuchak.
Bro mentioned BB complex....these are parallel imports la. Fakes are easy to spot.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had a Montblanc & it was the only expensive pen I've owned that needed servicing. The twisting mechanism that extended the nib jammed. Nowadays I use one of those Pilot gel pens. It writes better than all those expensive pens I've owned. When you get older branded becomes less important & more important is convenience :smile:

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a Montblanc & it was the only expensive pen I've owned that needed servicing. The twisting mechanism that extended the nib jammed. Nowadays I use one of those Pilot gel pens. It writes better than all those expensive pens I've owned. When you get older branded becomes less important & more important is convenience :smile:

TS is buying as gifts, so it's understandable that he goes for brands popular with the intended recipients. Otherwise, I'd think good handwriting is more important.

Parker is a very decent pen.

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This shouLd be the Location in BB compLex, but too bad i do not know the unit/s.Enter the compLex via North
Bridge Road, immediateLy past the escaLator, turn Left.There are 2 to 3 shops seLLing your MontbLancs'.
That was something Like 2 years ago when i was there.Hope you get what you are Looking for..:smile:

Fook Hing Trading Co.
福兴贸易公司
Bras Basah Complex #01-23, 231 Bain Street, (S)180231
Tel: 6337 3045

01-23.jpg

Give them a call, Bro.

Fishypie & Jumong, you guys are great. Thanks. Will go buy later. After that I will come back to report to keep everyone updated.

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Cannot disagree with you. I own a few Montblancs and Cartiers (gifts from people) which I don't even carry. Always use the pens from Novotel hotel rooms.

Last edited:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently, I bought a packet of 5 BIC blue ball point pens at the West Mall Value Dollar shop for $1.05. Each pen works out to cost 21 cents. They are OK for writing. Or perhaps I am wrong to think that I can only write well and better if I write with a $780 pen ? Twits!!

It really is the singer not the song. Right ?

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cannot disagree with you. I own a few Montblancs and Cartiers (gifts from people) which I don't even carry. Always use the pens from Novotel hotel rooms.

Many of those expensive "show" pens don't write as well as the cheaper $3 pens:biggrin:

One of the best pens I've ever owned was a freebie from a Montreal hotel. Funny that I still remember how good the pen was but not the name of the hotel:o

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time I checked the prices are not as cheap as they used to be - Fook Hing has been carrying MB for yonks but I think the savings may now be nominal in comparison to the huge difference in the past - perhaps do a check of the basic Starwalker ball point and fountain pen with the boutique prices.

Last edited:

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go to Fook Hing. MountBlanc prices not really controlled. But if you go to a MB boutique, they just assume you are a carrot head.

If you intend to buy MB as gifts, I got nothing to say, except it is a recognizable brand with the prominent birdshit logo, so suitably impressive. Because of that, easily faked so there is some brand dilution. You are basically also paying for an overpriced POS made mostly of plastic which they called 'resin' and MB not longer repair their crack plastic for free.

Too bad there isn't any value brand pens that your esteemed customers is able to recognize so it just pure waste of money buying caran, monte, pelikans either. So better 'accidentally' leave the price tags so they would not give their 6 yrs old to play with. In the past, the engraving shops use to stock sheaffer & parkers & cross but this american brands has sunk into oblivion.

If you have disposable cash and want to indulge yourself, try fountain pens. There are plenty to choose from but don't buy any until you visit fountain pen network for 6 months. Its addictive and you end up buying too much which no one in your family appreciates and would sooner throw your $4,000 Namiki Emperor the moment you kick the bucket.

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
want to buy Montblanc pens oso must have class, not at Bras Basah lah. I think MB pens are controlled in price lah. If u find any at BB, must be fake one, bro. Like that, Thailand oso got a lot, even cheaper one at Chatuchak.
CONTROL PRICE? Tats against competition law....

Heshe

Alfrescian
Loyal
During my school-days, my favourite pen was ROTAX.

Cheap and good

The ink was QUINK.

Ball pens were unheard of in those days.

BIC brought them in and spelled the death of so many good brands, like Parker Scheafer and many others.

Ah you got taste - Rotax and BiC were good quality stuff - use them to write answers always pass exams I believed. I used Hero and Great Wall brands, not too bad too.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During my school-days, my favourite pen was ROTAX.

Cheap and good

The ink was QUINK.

Ball pens were unheard of in those days.

BIC brought them in and spelled the death of so many good brands, like Parker Scheafer and many others.

Yup, mine was Rotax, Quink Ink, two bottles, India Blue & Black. later I bought a Parker Pen, and then the Shaffer with the Ink cartridge refills. I remember buying a Hero pen, the sales man came to the school demonstrated how you can drop the pen onto the wood & it stick & still can write, I owned one Hero Pen too.

Then came Bic the long orange stem, the one & only ball point pen we swear on, during my times. Nowadays we don't write anymore, we type on keyboards & virtual keyboards.