• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bras Basah Pen Shops (Montblanc)

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Years ago I heard that Bras Basah's a few of the many stationary and pen shops sells genuine Montblanc pens at a good price compared to the boutiques. Can any bro here help confirm if this is still available today and if possible recommend any good shop? Thank you very much.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
want to buy Montblanc pens oso must have class, not at Bras Basah lah. I think MB pens are controlled in price lah. If u find any at BB, must be fake one, bro. Like that, Thailand oso got a lot, even cheaper one at Chatuchak.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Montblanc is good,but it is for old people.

if you want something that write as good as montblanc.

BUY CARAN D'ACHE.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
carandache_la_rindya_fountainpen_vulpen2.jpg

La Rindyà Fountain Pen (Limited Edition)

In recognition of its history and origins, Caran d'Ache has paid tribute to Switzerland with an exceptional collection of writing instruments. This addition to this richly symbolic collection celebrates one of the oldest and most picturesque customs in Switzerland's long heritage: the annual descent from the mountains to the plain. In the Fribourg dialect this event is called "La Rindyà" and the new pen takes this name. It is produced in a limited series of 1291 pieces, a reference to the founding date of the Swiss Confederation.

Every year, the arrival of autumn signals one of Switzerland's most beautiful pastoral traditions. A highly coloured procession of cattle, richly decorated with flowers and greenery, wends its way slowly down the mountain to the foothills where they will spend the winter. Their clanging bells fill the valley with the joy of this picturesque occasion. In the Canton of Fribourg, and particularly in the Gruyère region, this custom that dates back to the Middle Ages has kept the name of "La Rindyà".

The writing block of the fountain pen and the roller pen is decorated with a fine engraving of the Moléson. Overlooking the Alpine foothills in the Canton of Fribourg, its 2002 m. summit offers a breathtaking view of the entire Swiss Romande. The pen body is engraved with La Rindyà and the black lacquer is applied by hand.

The Limited Edition is presented in its own special box: A chest of solid Swiss beech wood. The Limited Edition frieze is carved on the lid and its design is inspired by a picturesque detail: the stacks of wood planks seen at the entrance to mountain farms.

Caran d’Ache, founded in 1924 by Arnold Schweitzer, was a product of Switzerland’s long history of watchmaking and jewellery manufacture. Today, it is the epitome of superior quality and recognized expertise. Each product is created by hand in the Geneva workshops and brings together the traditional expertise of master craftsmen and the performance of computer-assisted machine tools.

Coffret_Ryndia-798x525.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cda524large.jpg

Caran d'Ache Hexagonal Chinese Lacquer "Ecaille" Fountain Pen

Hexagonal Ecaille Fountain Pen Body, Cap and Trims
Genuine Chinese lacquer "Ecaille".
Gold-plated metal body, cap and trims.
"CdA" identification on cap and clip .

The elegant and refined Caran D'Ache Chinese Lacquer "Ecaille" Fountain Pen features an 18 carat gold nib: Fine, Medium, Broad and fills with an ink pump or cartridges.

The Caran d'Ache Hexagonal Ecaille Fountain Pens are some of the most beautiful fine writing instruments from the famed Maison de Haute Ecriture. These luxury pens with rich red Chinese lacquer on gold are refined and elegant yet have a sense of glamorous verve.

The Caran D'Ache Hexagonal Swiss Luxury Pen Collection brings the famous hexagonal body shape of Caran d'Ache pens to new peaks of perfection. Each article is hand-polished by a highly qualified craftsman.

Caran D'Ache Hexagonal Pen Collection: All the facets of refinement.

5882475.jpg

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am getting a few like 9pcs as gift to customers so no need to be so expensive like the Caran D'arche. I guess worst come to worst have to get from airport.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
carandache_dragon_fountainpen_vulpen.jpg

Year of the Dragon Fountain Pen (Limited Edition)

The Year of the Dragon Limited Edition fountain pen by Caran d'Ache is the sign of success for the year 2012.

According to legend, at one Chinese New year the Jade Emperor summoned all the animals in creation to his palace. Only 12 of them responded to the invitation and as a reward the Emperor gave each of them a year of the Zodiac. The only mythical creature included in the Chinese Zodiac was the Dragon which had several roles, including messenger of the Gods, master of the elements and guide to human beings.

The Chinese lacquering is a masterpiece of craftsmanship: the body of the pen is given several coats, first red then black. The result is a truly dramatic contrast as the fire-red dragon seems to explode out of an infinity of intense black.
The Geneva company is one of the very few Western manufacturers to master this ancient technique. Chinese lacquer is a natural product, derived from the resin of the "Rhus Vernicifera", that creates delicate reflections and incredibly deep colours.
Chinese Lacquer is applied by hand in a succession of layers then polished many times in an exclusive process that combines traditional Chinese methods and modern technology. The mystery surrounding the colour of Chinese lacquer is even greater.

The Maison de Haute Ecriture has joined with the contemporary Chinese artist, Li Qiang Sheng to create the image of the dragon and add his signature. "Year of the Dragon" has been produced in a total of 888 individually numbered pieces since 8 is considered a lucky number in China.

The fountain-pen nib, made of 18 ct gold, is available in several nib widths. The pen fills via cartridge or converter. The pen has an ergonomic metal writing grip.

Caran d’Ache, founded in 1924 by Arnold Schweitzer, was a product of Switzerland’s long history of watchmaking and jewellery manufacture. Today, it is the epitome of superior quality and recognized expertise.
Each product is created by hand in the Geneva workshops and brings together the traditional expertise of master craftsmen and the performance of computer-assisted machine tools.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cda_kufiart_vermeilfp.jpg

Kufi Art Gold Fountain Pen (Limited Edition)

As the birthplace of the first form of writing, the Arab civilization has done more than any other to develop the refined art of calligraphy. The supreme example is Kufi, the oldest oriental writing, with its keen sense of geometry and its perfect proportions. Over several centuries, Kufi calligraphy spread all over the Oriental world, decorating sacred books, the facades of mosques and the earliest pieces of money. In a few rare areas, its heritage has been carefully preserved to this day.

The Kufi Art Limited Edition fountain pen by Caran d'Ache is a truly exceptional creation that combines the talents of the Malaysian artist, Shukor Yahya, and the craftsmen of the Geneva company. It draws its inspiration from the symbolism of Islam and from Oriental mysticism, capturing their very essence and celebrating the pleasure of handwriting and the art of calligraphy.

This is most evident in the work of the artist which, together with his signature, is exquisitely reproduced and engraved in the noble ebony of the body. Each carefully written word is hand-coated in a lacquer whose rich golden reflections echo the colouring of Byzantine art:

"Art is the ultimate expression of the human soul.
It tells of tales long past and dreams yet to be realized.
It breathes joy and love, and tears, sadness and tragedy.
Above all else, it inspires".

Offering a counterpoint to the geometrical decoration of the body, the gold-plating of the metal elements add a sparkling brilliance with a contemporary simplicity. Its bold hexagonal body with its smooth feel, the alliance of aesthetics and writing comfort, and its superbly crafted finish, bring modernity and elegance to the Kufi Art writing instruments.
Each version comprises a line with 101 fountain pens. The fountain pen can be used with a piston ink pump or with cartridges, and its 18-carat gold nib is available in six widths, allowing for maximum personalization of writing style.

The wonderful precision of the Kufi Art is a magnificent demonstration of Caran d’Ache expertise. Each version is produced in a limited edition of 101 pieces, a number that reflects the binary logic at the heart of the construction and complex symbolism of Kufi calligraphy.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am getting a few like 9pcs as gift to customers so no need to be so expensive like the Caran D'arche. I guess worst come to worst have to get from airport.

Caran d'Ache Ecridor is cheaper than montblanc

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During my school-days, my favourite pen was ROTAX.

Cheap and good

The ink was QUINK.

Ball pens were unheard of in those days.

BIC brought them in and spelled the death of so many good brands, like Parker Scheafer and many others.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Years ago I heard that Bras Basah's a few of the many stationary and pen shops sells genuine Montblanc pens at a good price compared to the boutiques. Can any bro here help confirm if this is still available today and if possible recommend any good shop? Thank you very much.
This shouLd be the Location in BB compLex, but too bad i do not know the unit/s.Enter the compLex via North
Bridge Road, immediateLy past the escaLator, turn Left.There are 2 to 3 shops seLLing your MontbLancs'.
That was something Like 2 years ago when i was there.Hope you get what you are Looking for..:smile:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mikec said:

Raffles City, i12 Katong should have and of course, Takashimaya. Controlled prices anyway, even for refills.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
mine was Hero

From China. :biggrin:

..and i remembered they come in a few grades, the goLd casing ones are the most ex right ?, and the best part
is; you need to buy the ink-refiLLs and do the pump-pump yourseLf, which at times can be quite messy..:wink: