• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am going to BKK this weekend. I will be loitering around ratchada and sukhumvit :biggrin:
I think it is not flooded? My worry will be the 7-11 and supermarkets without water and beer :eek:
anyone can guess if the supplies containers will start rolling into bkk and stock up the stores by weekend?
Postpone your trip if possible. Even the water are subsiding over the next few days, there will still be non life threatening flood waters in parts of Ratchada. There will be traffic jams all over the place. Might not be a good experience.

Believe drinking water are slowly being replenished. Beers no problem.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The current flooding is more due to the high tide as the water from the north are more or less diverted to both eastern and western BKK. As long as the water dykes are not destroyed, the situation should get better over the next few days. Think by wednesday, the water level would have gone down in Ramintra area and you can home sweet home.:smile:

I will be arriving almost midnight on Wednesday, I already told maid I may not return home. Safe house is pretty safe and dry sure no flooding.

My husband got helicopter.

You mena your "ex-hubby", and he also got private jets.

I am going to BKK this weekend. I will be loitering around ratchada and sukhumvit :biggrin:
I think it is not flooded? My worry will be the 7-11 and supermarkets without water and beer :eek:
anyone can guess if the supplies containers will start rolling into bkk and stock up the stores by weekend?

Postpone our trip if possible don't think situation will get back so soon, Ratchada is a flood prone area, a lot of things unsure and your questions cannot be answered like:if suay suay water level high you cannot find a taxi to bring you to hotel ; water and beer may not be so quick to be replenished ; inconvenience. Also so far no one can get any accurate news from the government so no one can safely tell you anything sure.

Postpone your trip if possible. Even the water are subsiding over the next few days, there will still be non life threatening flood waters in parts of Ratchada. There will be traffic jams all over the place. Might not be a good experience.

Believe drinking water are slowly being replenished. Beers no problem.

Listen to chonburifc cityhope, I face life threatening waters in Ratchada on an almost weekly basis in those tubs. Very hazardous. (by the way your nick sounds like cityharvest)

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"life threatening waters in Ratchada on an almost weekly basis in those tubs"

should add

"But Satisfying" after life threatening...........:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The whiskey i bought cost like 700 bhat man. I forgot which brand.

700bht. for a standard 750ml. bottle should get you something just below Chivas or JW Black. I don't go for that range. Might as well pay a couple of hundreds more and get Chivas or JW Black. My favorite leisure table whiskey in Thailand is Spey Royal. About 300bht. 100Pipers also not bad around that price. You may think 300nht. is cheapskate but I can assure you, these are real good solid Scotch, more than good enough for everyday casual sipping.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Flood updates from various TV stations looks promising. Watch PBS TV and Spring News stations and so far, the news has been consistent. The high tide is over and water level are declining in some areas due to the diversion of waters to the eastern and western BKK. Western BKK will be more affected as the drainage is not as good as the Eastern BKK. If you are not staying in western BKK or along the Chao Phraya banks, there should not be problem. Northern BKK will probably take longer time to clear the backlog. The next critical high tide will be around Loy Kratong and hopefully by then, most of the water mass in the north has cleared.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just returned from Kawasaki showroom. Wow...I must say Ninja 250R has a stronger presence than the CBR 250R. The green colour Ninja is a 250 SE (Special Edition), and the sales staff has confirmed that since 3 years ago Ninja already started using fuel injection in place of carburetor. That puts the Ninja on par with CBR in terms of technology, though CBR boasts ABS, which I'm not too sure if it's good on a 2-wheeler.

The Ninja is going for 147,500 baht with 2 years' warranty, but no insurance whatsoever.

Can anyone confirm if Thailand does not require compulsory motor vehicle insurance ? That means all the farking motorcycle taxis is run on a you die you business ethos ?

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for the advice.
think i will carry on as planned. i not so worried about jams as i intend to use the BTS/MRT. I more worry about beer :biggrin:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Postpone our trip if possible don't think situation will get back so soon, Ratchada is a flood prone area, a lot of things unsure and your questions cannot be answered like:if suay suay water level high you cannot find a taxi to bring you to hotel ; water and beer may not be so quick to be replenished ; inconvenience. Also so far no one can get any accurate news from the government so no one can safely tell you anything sure.

Ratchada has been pretty dry for the past one week. The problem with Ratchada is not low lying; it's the drainage. The flood is caused by heavy downpour, nothing to do with water overflowing from canals.

The only thing that overflows in Ratchada is those liquid in your balls once you step into Poseidon and Emanuelle. If it still doesn't overflow, the commandos in the model category type will do wonders around your main pipe and burst your dykes within 90 minutes.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, which is better looking of the two ?

307672_294552147240872_279881655374588_1151497_1703089750_n.jpg
299606_294552170574203_279881655374588_1151498_28475995_n.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The only thing that overflows in Ratchada is those liquid in your balls once you step into Poseidon and Emanuelle. If it still doesn't overflow, the commandos in the model category type will do wonders around your main pipe and burst your dykes within 90 minutes.

Fucking cruel. I've been here nearly 2 weeks and you making me so gian now.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking cruel. I've been here nearly 2 weeks and you making me so gian now.

First of all, you're with your wife, not alone, okay ? Secondly, you're in Japan, the land AVs. Go PM drifter and he will tell you where to find the equivalent of Poseidon in Hokkaido. Sow some seeds in Japan. If you need Kamagra Jelly, I still have one and half pack left.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Confirm and double reconfirm. Inner BKK BO DAI JI. See following:

nner Bangkok passes danger point
Published: 31/10/2011 at 09:01 PM
Online news:

GIS expert Dr Anond Snidvongs in a daily NBT flood analysis noted that innner Bangkok has passed danger point as today is the last day of high tide.

Bangkok North sees reduced water volume at Khlong Rangsit, Bang Pa-in.

Present flood in Laksi and Khlong Prapa resulted from leaks. Government is erecting new barrier at Lak Hok.

There is no more danger from water mass from the North. In the next 3-4 days, high tide will be significantly less and government/BMA can drain even more water which will see flood level in Rangsit decline slowly.

BMA tries to divert floodwater from Don Mueang and Phaholyothin through Khlong Lat Phrao and Saen Sap.

Floodwater from Lak Si will be absorbed at Khlong Bang Khen and will not reach Chatuchak area.

If new barrier at Lak Hok is finished tomorrow, flood at Chaeng Wattana will stabilise and gradually dry up.

Government will try to protect Khlong Prapa from floodwater.

Irrigation Department must finish all breached sluice gates/walls along Chao Phraya river so that all the flooded areas in Nonthaburi can be siphoned off to Chao Phraya river. This should be finished before Loy Kratong.

If a few leaks in the North are fixed, Chaeng Wattana can be dry within one week.

Lat Krabang, Nong Chok, Minburi were originally planned as floodway to be drained off. But this no longer work as people settle there and object to rising water.

To placate angry residents, the government decided to raise sluice gate at Khlong Samwa but this would pose threat to Khlong Saen Sap residents. Expect to see rising water in low-lying areas. But this would not pose threat to industrial estates.

In the next few days, Froc has to be careful about Bangkok North and the west. The west still sees rising threat while the North and East pose less threat.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
First of all, you're with your wife, not alone, okay ? Secondly, you're in Japan, the land AVs. Go PM drifter and he will tell you where to find the equivalent of Poseidon in Hokkaido. Sow some seeds in Japan. If you need Kamagra Jelly, I still have one and half pack left.

Thanks bro. I will need to go Tokyo for a meeting tomorrow night (dinner) so I go alone wife stay in Hokkaifo for another week. Then Wed I go home to Bangkok.