• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sorry bro, I mean the colour la. This black colour version quite chio leh

9ed9525b-e85a-4195-9ef4-ac4758dd94e9.jpg

This one ZX model, 1000cc.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee krup.

Mornng news not too good, Thanon Ramintra in front of Central Ramintra is flooded at about 2am. 25cm and climbing. If don't clear by later today tomorrow sure no taxi driver want to drive me home liao into Ramintra Soi 5. I miss my doggy very much. Die die must find a way home.

Update:
Ramintra infront of Foodland impassible to traffic. Water in Don Muang continue to climb overnight by two inches, rise is slowing compare to yesterday but still rising.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
700bht. for a standard 750ml. bottle should get you something just below Chivas or JW Black. I don't go for that range. Might as well pay a couple of hundreds more and get Chivas or JW Black. My favorite leisure table whiskey in Thailand is Spey Royal. About 300bht. 100Pipers also not bad around that price. You may think 300nht. is cheapskate but I can assure you, these are real good solid Scotch, more than good enough for everyday casual sipping.
Black Label is considered expensive for the locals, Red Label still OK, 100 pipers is still the most popular. Good thing in LOS is you can always bring along your own whisky to most dining/pub/bar outlets. Most places don't have charge extra or charge a little for this. They made more money from the mixers and ice. Currently, my favorite is still Blend 285 at THB 195/bottle. Buy by the dozens at Makro.

Just returned from Kawasaki showroom. Wow...I must say Ninja 250R has a stronger presence than the CBR 250R. The green colour Ninja is a 250 SE (Special Edition), and the sales staff has confirmed that since 3 years ago Ninja already started using fuel injection in place of carburetor. That puts the Ninja on par with CBR in terms of technology, though CBR boasts ABS, which I'm not too sure if it's good on a 2-wheeler.

The Ninja is going for 147,500 baht with 2 years' warranty, but no insurance whatsoever.

Can anyone confirm if Thailand does not require compulsory motor vehicle insurance ? That means all the farking motorcycle taxis is run on a you die you business ethos ?
Vehicle Insurance is not compulsory in LOS. There are various vehicle insurance, the one with most coverage is 1st class insurance(Pra Karn Chan Neung). Worst case scenario is both parties involved in an accident do not have insurance. If only 1 party have, then the claim is very limited . If both parties have, the insurance company/companies settle themself (both parties might be insuring from same insurance company) and claims are more flexible.
New vehicles usually comes with 1st year free insurance. My suggestion is get the insurance for new vehicles. Old vehicles can get the other cheaper class of insurance. Also, if a foreigner ever get involved in a traffic accident with a local, chances is MIB will side with the local even if the local is in the wrong. Best way is to let insurance settle such matters.

Sawasdee krup.

Mornng news not too good, Thanon Ramintra in front of Central Ramintra is flooded at about 2am. 25cm and climbing. If don't clear by later today tomorrow sure no taxi driver want to drive me home liao into Ramintra Soi 5. I miss my doggy very much. Die die must find a way home.

Update:
Ramintra infront of Foodland impassible to traffic. Water in Don Muang continue to climb overnight by two inches, rise is slowing compare to yesterday but still rising.
Joe, unfortunately, Ramintra Road stretches from Northern BKK (Laksi) all the way to eastern BKK (Minburi), both are affected areas. Northern end of Ramintra will be more affected then the eastern end. As long as the water diversion is in progress and no more damage dykes, think the water in Ramintra will maintain at a reasonable level. Get ready to give your maid a hug when you reach home tomorrow!

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ram-intra Road impassable

* Published: 1/11/2011 at 11:40 AM
* Online news:

The water level on Ram-intra Road, both inbound and outbound, has continued to rise and the road has become impassable, reports said on Tuesday.

On the outbound lanes, water in front of the Central department store is 40-50 centimetres deep. The department store has closed for the second day.

The outbound lanes of Ram-intra Road are also flooded, particularly from kilometre 4 to Lak Si circle.

All sois branching from Ram-intra road from Lak Si to Soi 39 are flooded. Soi 39, in particular, is 60-70cm under water.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Black Label is considered expensive for the locals, Red Label still OK, 100 pipers is still the most popular. Good thing in LOS is you can always bring along your own whisky to most dining/pub/bar outlets. Most places don't have charge extra or charge a little for this. They made more money from the mixers and ice. Currently, my favorite is still Blend 285 at THB 195/bottle. Buy by the dozens at Makro.

Yeah, most Thai pubs and discos make money from mixers. But I never do with mixers by the time the drink gets to Chivas or JW Black level. They must be appreciated and drank on the rocks or straight. Mixing them with Coke or 7-Up or soda is waste and insult to whisky. The mixer money-making culture is designed for the girls. They must be able to stay sober while accompanying you downing the drinks. It caught up when customers who can't really drink and don't mind paying premium whisky prices for cheap aerated water mixers just to soak in the atmosphere and enjoy the company of the ladies.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, most Thai pubs and discos make money from mixers. But I never do with mixers by the time the drink gets to Chivas or JW Black level. They must be appreciated and drank on the rocks or straight. Mixing them with Coke or 7-Up or soda is waste and insult to whisky. The mixer money-making culture is designed for the girls. They must be able to stay sober while accompanying you downing the drinks. It caught up when customers who can't really drink and don't mind paying premium whisky prices for cheap aerated water mixers just to soak in the atmosphere and enjoy the company of the ladies.
Do you realize nowadays, most of the ices sold in LOS disco/pub/bars come with a round hole in the ice. Melts faster and so need to order more.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you realize nowadays, most of the ices sold in LOS disco/pub/bars come with a round hole in the ice. Melts faster and so need to order more.

The hole in the middle is to save water as in Thailand, tap water cannot be used for making ice or cooking. They have to use bottled water. Not necessarily mineral water grade but at least bottled water, not from the tap. And the hole in middle makes the ice melt faster too. It encourages drinkers to top up faster. :wink:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore mixers are free.........over there water and ice also cost money.........only way they cannot make your money is when you drink neat.

I went to a disco in Surin once and they dun even sell liquor! You can bring your own or buy from another shop just outside......

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore mixers are free.........over there water and ice also cost money.........only way they cannot make your money is when you drink neat.

I went to a disco in Surin once and they dun even sell liquor! You can bring your own or buy from another shop just outside......

surin the hometown of tony ja so is it all country side?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
surin the hometown of tony ja so is it all country side?

Surin part of Isaan, have many elephants, near Cambodia, some people can speak Cambodian language or a hybrid of the language, many people can drink like hell.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surin part of Isaan, have many elephants, near Cambodia, some people can speak Cambodian language or a hybrid of the language, many people can drink like hell.

That's the origin of Chang beer, almost as strong as special brew. Carabao made some very good advertisements for it with elephant war scenes.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next time runroaders go Robinson, The Mall or Emporium, look out for this shirt brand called "Hazard". Well, not asking you to buy. I have noticed that Hazard counters employ chio boos who are relatively tall, and Hazard's uniform is damn sexy...skirts damn short with a half vest.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes Surin is famous for elephants and black magic....due to proximity to Cambodia.
It's backward country and one of the poorest next to it's sister province sisaket.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

They cannot make money from me because I only drink red wine or brandy neat or on the rocks. LOL. And if Isaan food will be beer.

Next time runroaders go Robinson, The Mall or Emporium, look out for this shirt brand called "Hazard". Well, not asking you to buy. I have noticed that Hazard counters employ chio boos who are relatively tall, and Hazard's uniform is damn sexy...skirts damn short with a half vest.

Wah lan eh this secret picha-lobang-liao, I thought I am the only one who noticed this kept it until now . . . . been seeing one on a regular basis for past 4 years liao

Yes Surin is famous for elephants and black magic....due to proximity to Cambodia.
It's backward country and one of the poorest next to it's sister province sisaket.

Poor yes I agree but then I lucky have a very good and big customer from there now he has 5 branches in Isaan and also Rayong. Damn lucky started with him since he only small shop in Surin. That why I know they drink like sailor every night "sawang hei"

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They cannot make money from me because I only drink red wine or brandy neat or on the rocks. LOL. And if Isaan food will be beer.

Set. When I go Bangkok you belanjah me brandy neat. I belanjah you Thai whisky neat. My auntie's home brewed blend with no brand but very good. :eek: :biggrin:

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Set. When I go Bangkok you belanjah me brandy neat. I belanjah you Thai whisky neat. My auntie's home brewed blend with no brand but very good. :eek: :biggrin:
Brandy not so common.....once I entertain a friend from overseas who is brandy drinker....just ordered brandy without much thought......the captain scratched his head but managed to dig out a frosted green bottle......realised it was remy martin!

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lan eh this secret picha-lobang-liao, I thought I am the only one who noticed this kept it until now . . . . been seeing one on a regular basis for past 4 years liao

Wow...how many Hazard shirts and pants did you buy before you got admitted to the VIP club ?

But some of them really damn chio !