• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ask question regarding ceiling fan

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
my ceiling has four speed 1 to 4.
4 is the fastest.
of late if i turn to 1 or 2 , it barely move.extremey weak.
if i turn to 3, it move but hardly provide any circulation.
if i turn to 4, it is very strong and windy.
i want the circulation to be moderate.
any one know is it the fan speed regulator at fault or is the the motor something wrong?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
You buy Made in China but technology from Chao angmoh asking Chinese to make fake products for angmoh market.

Choose wisely.

4 is the fastest.
any one know is it the fan speed regulator at fault or is the the motor something wrong?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
4 is the fastest.
KNN it means you should try turn 3.5 KNN

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
about 15 years
fanco
I am using Fanco too, bought last year.

Like what @AhMeng said, I think it makes sense to replace with a newer model. You have a choice of AC or DC these days. I went with AC because I was told the wind is more powerful. And AC costs less too. $250 with E27 lighting. Without lights will be cheaper. Install is $50 I think.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are two capacitors on your fan to provide torque besides the coil - the “start” capacitor and “run” capacitor. the coil and motor can typically last a long long time just like a thai katoey will say lurb you long long. you can start your fan, thus the start capacitor is not the likely culprit. it’s most probably your run capacitor that is busted. change your run capacitor and see if it works smoothly again.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you decide on buying a new fan. Take a look at the KDK brand. I am happy with the unit I got. It has a wireless remote & a lamp built into the fan.

My previous fan had a chain hanging down which you had to pull to change the speed. Replaced it with a KDK when the chain broke.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are two capacitors on your fan to provide torque besides the coil - the “start” capacitor and “run” capacitor. the coil and motor can typically last a long long time just like a thai katoey will say lurb you long long. you can start your fan, thus the start capacitor is not the likely culprit. it’s most probably your run capacitor that is busted. change your run capacitor and see if it works smoothly again.
how to know which is which?:cry:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Err..Please don't get an electric shock! Lol :biggrin:

tumblr_mzs437X6uv1qaoan0o1_400.gif