• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ask question regarding ceiling fan

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
KDK the best. cheap, good and lasts forever. cooling down our classrooms for over 50 years.

don't get conned by the fancy fans costing 5x-10x of the basic KDK M48SG

avoid those with remote controls, the receiver unit tends to spoil within 5 years, not built to last.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are two capacitors on your fan to provide torque besides the coil - the “start” capacitor and “run” capacitor. the coil and motor can typically last a long long time just like a thai katoey will say lurb you long long. you can start your fan, thus the start capacitor is not the likely culprit. it’s most probably your run capacitor that is busted. change your run capacitor and see if it works smoothly again.
KNN change capacitor need to de solder then solder and got many different values of capacitor KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KDK the best. cheap, good and lasts forever. cooling down our classrooms for over 50 years.

don't get conned by the fancy fans costing 5x-10x of the basic KDK M48SG

avoid those with remote controls, the receiver unit tends to spoil within 5 years, not built to last.
KNN also never buy eletronic buttons just go with kdk manual and never look back KNN

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN change capacitor need to de solder then solder and got many different values of capacitor KNN
don't need to solder lah. twist wire and cap will do. there are 2 voltages: 450vac and 250vac. 450v has 2 wires. 250v has at least 3 wires (some have 4 while others have up to 5). have to get the right one.
1-Pack-New-2-wired-Ceiling-Fan-Motor-Running-Capacitor-AC-450V-2uF-For-Electric-Ceiling.jpg
1ceiling-fan-capacitor.JPG

DSC08766.jpg
Troubleshooting-of-Ceiling-Fan-Capacitor.gif

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
i give up on sinkies doing it themselves. must hire handyman or electrician to fix simple stuff. or most sinkies will just replace the entire fan with outside labor (69% foreigners) at a much higher cost. sinkies are rich and lazy, thanks to pap.:whistling:
I don't know much about electrical stuff, so I am more cautious. All other things like servicing my own air-conditioners and plumbing, I do myself. When it comes to electricity stuff, I tend to be a chicken :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't know much about electrical stuff, so I am more cautious. All other things like servicing my own air-conditioners and plumbing, I do myself. When it comes to electricity stuff, I tend to be a chicken :biggrin:
can always wear yellow rubber boots, rubber gloves, and condom suit before you try.
In-Stock-Women-s-Latex-Overall-Bodysuit-Latex-Sexy-Catsuit-Back-Zipped-Rubber-font-b-Condom.jpg

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
can always yellow rubber boots, rubber gloves, and condom suit before you try.
In-Stock-Women-s-Latex-Overall-Bodysuit-Latex-Sexy-Catsuit-Back-Zipped-Rubber-font-b-Condom.jpg
Better not lah, electricity is not my friend...:biggrin:
Other than changing light bulbs and tubes, anything else that has to do with electricity like water heater defective, I call my trusted electrician :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Other than changing light bulbs and tubes, anything else that has to do with electricity like water heater defective, I call my trusted electrician :biggrin:
Turn off mains, then proceed slowly. It should be fine. Just need to know what you are doing. I DIY simple electrical stuff like installing lightings, install and remove ceiling fan remote receiver, install instant water heater. More complex stuff, yes I also call in the pros. :biggrin:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i give up on sinkies doing it themselves. must hire handyman or electrician to fix simple stuff. or most sinkies will just replace the entire fan with outside labor (69% foreigners) at a much higher cost. sinkies are rich and lazy, thanks to pap.:whistling:

No leh, don't like that.. my ceiling fan i installed myself one.. abit senget but i'm proud of it.. saveed $69 at least.. :biggrin:

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

water heater better dont.
somebody had ever died cock standing naked...in the bathroom

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
water heater better dont.
somebody had ever died cock standing naked...in the bathroom

When you have a problem with water heaters, they usually have to be replaced & cannot be repaired. Common problems are when they start leaking & these leaks cause shorts.

When I replaced my water heater the serviceman told me that on average they can last for 5 years.