• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Arsenal Season 2009-10

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very well for Manchester City, think they can play well in the European Champions League if they qualify. For they've comprehensively beaten a completely non-English and non-British side in Arsenal has that nothing whatsoever to do with English or British footballing.

Manuel Alumnia (Spain)
Thomas Vermaelen (Belgium)
William Gallas (France)
Gael Clichy (France)
Bacary Sagna (France)
Denilson (Brazil) sub. Tomas Rosicky (Czech)
Alexandre Song (Cameroon) sub. Eduardo (Croatia)
Robin van Persie (Holland)
Cesc Fabregas (Spain)
Abou Diaby (France)
Nicklas Bendtner (Denmark)

France should consider a national hero award for Arsene Wenger. He has achieved what Napoleon failed.

Last edited:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Just when I think Chelsea has pretty good chance of landing the title with their current form, but with the recent injury to Jose Bosinger, Ashley Cole.. and more recently Lampard, could be out till January. Chelsea title hopes looks bleak as they are going to miss some players in Jan for the African cup.

With Liverpool fumbling and ManU still rotating, trying to get their best 11, it looks like this is the year for Arsenal.

Barring the comment about their lack of experience, the Arsenal first 11 looks awesome as well as terrific depth on their bench.

If anything were to prevent them from landing the title, it could comes from defense which is their weak link.

This year I am betting on them, though I am a ManU fan.

jw5

Loyal
Just when I think Chelsea has pretty good chance of landing the title with their current form, but with the recent injury to Jose Bosinger, Ashley Cole.. and more recently Lampard, could be out till January. Chelsea title hopes looks bleak as they are going to miss some players in Jan for the African cup.

With Liverpool fumbling and ManU still rotating, trying to get their best 11, it looks like this is the year for Arsenal.

Barring the comment about their lack of experience, the Arsenal first 11 looks awesome as well as terrific depth on their bench.

If anything were to prevent them from landing the title, it could comes from defense which is their weak link.

Arsenal's weakness is not really their first choice defence which has been solid, consisting of Gallas, Vermalen, Clichy and Sagna.
Their weaknesses include the lack of a top class keeper and having experienced players with mental strength to take the pressure needed to win trophies.
In terms of playing quality, they are second to none.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arsenal is fucking crap even if they can Manchester United 6:0. If I'm British Prime Minister, I'd evict them Arsene Wenger and all from England. It's not an English club anyway. What craps?!

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Agreed, they are crap for the past few years, never been a fan, since majority of us support England. However, we have to give AW and the foreign managers some credit from changing the hoof up long ball approach to playing more possession and for keeping ball on the ground.

Back to arsenal, I suppose it is starting to reap the ground work AW had done, surely, we will begin to see more Englishman on the pit, if you pause to look at their reserve.

Beside Walcott, Gibbs, Wilshere.

You will see. Watts, Eastmond, Randall, Lansbury ,Hoyte, Simpson, Jet E Thomas.

Further down. Bartley, Afobe...

Won't be surprise, in the next 2 season, there are more Englishman in Arsenal starting eleven that ManU.:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed, they are crap for the past few years, never been a fan, since majority of us support England. However, we have to give AW and the foreign managers some credit from changing the hoof up long ball approach to playing more possession and for keeping ball on the ground.

Back to arsenal, I suppose it is starting to reap the ground work AW had done, surely, we will begin to see more Englishman on the pit, if you pause to look at their reserve.

Beside Walcott, Gibbs, Wilshere.

You will see. Watts, Eastmond, Randall, Lansbury ,Hoyte, Simpson, Jet E Thomas.

Further down. Bartley, Afobe...

Won't be surprise, in the next 2 season, there are more Englishman in Arsenal starting eleven that ManU.:biggrin:

If for any reason more English players emerged from the Gunners rank, it is not by design or choice. There is fear among clubs especially the premier league that the rules of the game could change in the years to come particular pertaining to recruitment of FPs.
AW is just playing it safe.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arsenal is fucking crap even if they can Manchester United 6:0. If I'm British Prime Minister, I'd evict them Arsene Wenger and all from England. It's not an English club anyway. What craps?!

Bro I thot u were dead? Is this Ramseth incarnate?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I recall correctly, they were just as impressive two seasons ago winning all the matches in convincing fashion and I could not help but noted one Togolese- Emmanuel Adebayor's comment that if Arsenal fail to win EPL that season, he would quit football.
Today, he's playing for the blue half of Manchester.............
The Gunners have all along had players who are simply difficult to manage. They've gotten rid of a couple of the thorns but there are a few more around. I dun know if they have matured as it wouldn't take much to spark an implosion. In short, they are their own worse enemies.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arsenal's weakness is not really their first choice defence which has been solid, consisting of Gallas, Vermalen, Clichy and Sagna.
Their weaknesses include the lack of a top class keeper and having experienced players with mental strength to take the pressure needed to win trophies.
In terms of playing quality, they are second to none.

They've not been tested yet by teams who have the ability adapt and improvise. They play to the tune of the piper but the piper has only one tune. Once you negate it, they really look ordinary.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If for any reason more English players emerged from the Gunners rank, it is not by design or choice. There is fear among clubs especially the premier league that the rules of the game could change in the years to come particular pertaining to recruitment of FPs.
AW is just playing it safe.

I'll give AW the benefit of the doubt.

If you look at the English player sold, deem not good enough or the lack of patient on their part. The list are..

Ashley Cole, Upson, Bentley, Sidewall... and many more that didn't make it to the premier league.

If I were AW, I would choose the best player regardless of nationality.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you look at the English player sold, deem not good enough or the lack of patient on their part. The list are..

Ashley Cole, Upson, Bentley, Sidewall... and many more that didn't make it to the premier league.

True but do remember that they are bound by the rules of the game. Honestly some of Arse FPs are crap. I'll give credit to the system and the way they play the game.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
True but do remember that they are bound by the rules of the game. Honestly some of Arse FPs are crap. I'll give credit to the system and the way they play the game.

Absolutely agreed with you.

I thought Diaby, Eboure and Brentner are at best, average. Not that I rate Walcott or Gibbs, they too are average. Wilshere will be my man, however AW does not seems to bring him into the game yet.

I believe the way they play at Arsenal makes the players looks better then they are. Look at the players that left Arsenal last and this season, they does not seems to make an impact at their new clubs.

Having said that, my money is still on Arsenal to land the title this year, they have enough quality and squad depth to cover any injuries.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arsenal should be relocated to Paris or somewhere like that. What the hell are they doing in England?

Let me name you one English Arsenal player. Theo Walcott. Can you can a few more?

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Arsenal should be relocated to Paris or somewhere like that. What the hell are they doing in England?

Let me name you one English Arsenal player. Theo Walcott. Can you can a few more?

Fair enough, they are still very much in French territory having 5 in their first 11.

However, let's look at the future, Carling Cup is the best gauge, these Englishmen have played in this year CC are.

Wilshere, Gibbs, Gilbert, Randall, Eastmond, Watt, Ayling.

To tally up, including those on loan, they are more then enough to make up 1 football team.

Theo Walcott
Kerran Gibbs
Jack Wilshire
Craig Eastmond ( next to break into Arsenal first team )
Mark Randall
Henri Lansbury ( on loan )
Kerrea Gilbert
Hoyte ( on loan )
Ayling
Kyle Bartley
Sanchez Watts
J.E. Thomas ( on loan )
Jay Simpson
Emmanual Frimpong
Benik Afobe

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
A few more

James Shea ( Goalkeeper )
Thomas Cruise ( Left Back )
Sam Byles ( Right Back )
George Brislen-Hall ( Left Back )
Conor Henderson ( Central Midfield )
Chuks Aneke ( Central Midfield )
Rhys Murphy ( Striker )
Luke Freeman ( Left Wing )

This list and the above, all of them have represent England in under 16, 17, 18, 19 and 21. Not some trainee. So, stay patient, and watch the space in Arsenal if you are true England supporter.

jw5

Loyal

Ashley Cole wasn't deemed "not good enough".
He was unhappy and wanted to leave. You should read his whiny book aptly titled "My Defence".

jw5

Loyal
They've not been tested yet by teams who have the ability adapt and improvise. They play to the tune of the piper but the piper has only one tune. Once you negate it, they really look ordinary.
I agree.
They overrun teams who let them control the style and tempo of the game.
They will have trouble from teams who get at them.
Having said that, they still play the best football.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very well. You all name so many players I've never heard of. I go attack Liverpool next. If can't rid the French team from England, try to rid the Spanish team.