• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Arsenal Season 2009-10

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yawn. Everybody knows that Arsene Wenger will remain as manager, but nobody knows what the hell is a French club doing in London.

To be fair, same goes for Liverpool; it's becoming a Spanish club.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arsenal has been a French team already since a decade ago when France won World Cup 1998 and Euro 2000. Check out Arsenal's team today. Take out Theo Walcott and it's a complete foreign team playing in England. I pity Walcott. It's quite apparent that Arsene Wenger just placing him there for show and political correctness only. I still remember Wenger recommending Walcott to S-K Eriksson for World Cup 2006, without even giving Walcott any competitive games at Arsenal first. If he's deemed not good enough for Arsenal, how could he be good enough for England? Of course I know the answer. Wenger doesn't care, as long as got a token Arsenal representation in England.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#aad0ff><TH width="1%">No.</TH><TH width="1%"></TH><TH width="1%">Position</TH><TH width="75%">Player</TH></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">GK</TD><TD>Manuel Almunia</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">MF</TD><TD>Abou Diaby</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">DF</TD><TD>Bacary Sagna</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">4</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">MF</TD><TD>Cesc Fàbregas (captain)</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">5</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">DF</TD><TD>Thomas Vermaelen</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">6</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">DF</TD><TD>Philippe Senderos</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">MF</TD><TD>Tomáš Rosický</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">8</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">MF</TD><TD>Samir Nasri</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">9</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">FW</TD><TD>Eduardo</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">10</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">DF</TD><TD>William Gallas</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">11</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">FW</TD><TD>Robin van Persie</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">12</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">FW</TD><TD>Carlos Vela</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">14</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">FW</TD><TD>Theo Walcott</TD></TR><TR class="vcard agent"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">15</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center"></TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">MF</TD><TD>Denílson</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
Emirates Cup

Arsenal 2 Atletico Madrid 1

again ... overall disappointing for their finishing touch. they are only keen in playing passing and beautiful football, but dont have the finishing touch. Can see that 5-6 players taking part in the passing game, and only 1 will be in the box, trying to put the ball in the net. But most of the time , this 1 player will be marked out by 2 defenders.

But that Russian Arshavin is SIMPLY SUPER !!

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If you are a English supporter, which most of us are, we should rightfully thank these foreign managers as it begins to benefit the English Team.

And if you are puzzle why England has failed to produce few players like Kevin Keegan or Gazza, that's is because they have consistently discard those that do not have the required physic to withstand the rough and tumble of English football, although they may have outstanding technical skill or in that potential. I think English managers and league did a great disservice to their supporters until recently, they started to be more positive in this area, thanks to the influx of foreigners and foreign managers.

I am not really all excited by Walcott, basically a typical English winger, however, I saw a spark in Wilshere, one that is confident and not afraid to hold the ball and not treating it like a hot potato, at the same time be able to take it forward which only Keegan and Gazza has that abilities.

So, really thumbs up to Arsene Wenger and all the foreign influence, you can sense the change of emphasis towards techincal skills, and now, we are beginning to see the light that one day in the near future the English can be in the finals of European cups or World Cup.

Been waiting for decades.:mad:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
English clubs never had all-English teams. Actually, with the influx of foreign (i.e. non-British) players, the percentage of English players in the English league didn't drop too much. The displaced are the mostly the Scottish, Welsh and Irish players. I think that's a good thing for the Scottish league also, for in the 70s and 80s, the Scotland international team was dominated by Scottish players in the English league.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I am not really all excited by Walcott, basically a typical English winger, however, I saw a spark in Wilshere"

Yes, watchout for Jack Wilshere if Wenger gives him more playing time.
Left footer, Liam Brady in the making.

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
do not think that Everton suddenly becomes so bad.
nothing much changes,they do not sell their good players.
that is a very bad result for Moyes.
but a great result for Wenger and his young players.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Theo Walcott is not ready for full first team place. He have not truely matured as a player, he has his flashes of brilliance but overall his football is still very much school boyish.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Credit to wenger and his boys...Gooners were excellent @ Goodison on Sat...arsenal did not seem to miss any of the old big guns from henry, viera, adebayor,kolo etc...the only obvious question now is whether the young gunners can perform like this or there abouts consistently for the entire season...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that Arsenal themselves were surprised by the collapse of Everton midfield and defence. But credit to them to take full advantage of it and make a pig's feast out of it. Merseyside, both red and blue, was dead in the weekend like just after a round Luftwaffe bombings in the 40s. Both Everton and Liverpool lost. In contrast, both Manchester clubs and both top London clubs won their season openers. The Midlands share the Merseyside misery, both Aston Villa and Birmingham City lost.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ECL qualifying 1st leg tonight, Celtic v. Arsenal. Both sides qualified practically every season, but this season one of them will be out.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Midweek ECL qualifier return leg against Celtic should be a breeze for Arsenal. Can't imagine them losing by more than 1:3 margin at the Emirates. Weekend EPL visit to Old Trafford will be pacesetting game of the season's opening month.