• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anything About Taiwan

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The lady is 吴天心。

She used to boast about her angmoh boyfriend. Like many others who worship white dicks, she was ditched by her angmoh boyfriend. The sad thing is she may have lost a good portion of her youth to her angmoh, and it's now a bit too late for her to turn her attention to 小開, the euphemism for rich man son.

But if you scrutinize her features, she is buck tooth, and without a clear jawline. Other than her F Cup boobs, she is nothing.

That is another aspect of Taiwan. It's all about Boobs.:rolleyes:

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
That other one is, of course, 志玲。

Well, if you don't understand the phenomenon of 小象腿,guess how this term came about.

Taiwanese girls have bigger buttocks than China girls, and vagina located nearer to the asshole.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing about Taiwan. The Taiwanese are more paper conscious than Singapore. You will notice celebrities who are affiliated with the prestigious National Taiwan University will never miss the chance to self-advertise, even though it really has nothing to do with what they do for a living.

One that comes up top is TV compere 吴淡如。You bet she will never forget to tell viewers in her TV shows that she studied law at 台大。Another is 寇乃馨, who is quite chio for a 40-year old lady. She used to boast on TV shows that she is a Christian and will not have pre-marital sex. Now she is engaged to a TV compere and songwriter 黃國倫, the gentleman who composed Faye Wong's 我願意。FYI, the gentleman is a divorcee.

So our virgin compere preserved her virginity only to offer it to a divorcee.:biggrin: Since the news that both of them are an item, she stopped talking about Christianity and virginity.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taiwanese girls have bigger buttocks than China girls, and vagina located nearer to the asshole.

I am very interested in the order of things
that come to be .

Why are vagina located closer to the anus ?

And some are further apart ?
How did this physiology come about ? Diet or genetics ?

65er

Alfrescian
Loyal
I enjoy Taiwan TV immensely, but I don't totally agree with what they do, both among the politicians and citizens. I have said before that Singapore's goal for both the citizens and the political environment should be somewhere between current Singapore and current Taiwan. Current Singapore citizens are simply too apathetic and scared, current singapore government and politics is simply too one-sided, authoritarian and overbearing. On the other hand, the Taiwanese sometimes fight for causes even which they themselves may not understand, while their politicians frequently disagree just because it's said by the other party.
Same for the media. Some Taiwanese media have gone to the extent of making up stories for readership or political reasons, whereas SG media is always so careful and "obedient". A balance needs to be stuck for both countries.

I admire Shen Fu Xiong too, he is a frequent commentator on the nightly CTI talk show. He is a very fair person, says it as he sees it regardless of "colour", never afraid to speak up for the people or criticize someone important. More importantly, he is never afraid to even criticize call-in ordinary citizens who talk nonsense. You may have noticed that some analysts/commentators always criticize the government and politicians but never criticize the "ordinary people". The only small criticism I have of Mr Shen is that sometimes, he gets bogged down in the details and doesn't see or explain the big picture clearly enough. Don't forget that he spent time as a political prisoner and if I'm not wrong, he was recently recommended by the KMT(!) for a position as I think, deputy auditor general or something like that. It was not approved, perhaps because he is too dogged and just, which some people can't take!
Undoutedly Taiwan politics is messy becasue the society is going through transformation (like any societies new to democracy -- Korea, Philippines, Thailand). However, Taiwan never resort to coup (people's power, military coup or church intervention) to topple any legally elected politicians. This is one major step ahead of the those that required revolutions but claimed to be democratic.

Shen Fu Xiong was nominated by Ma for the position of 监查院长 (equivalent to head of internal affairs to discipline senior government officers; a minister level position). He was not voted in by the KMT legislators because these people were "disciples" of other KMT seniors (e.g. Lian Zhan 连战) and were not happy with Ma idealogy and "disrespect" for old power. That is one of the reasons why Ma needs to become the KMT Chairman so that he would be able to manage his party's cadres and the KMT dominated legislative yuan (立法院)。

For those Sporeans who slammed Taiwan for sucking up to US and China, they should look at Singapore. Not only did Spore suck up to both in big ways (and I agree that Spore should) the country get screwed from time to time (e.g. Suzhou, Tianjin Eco City, Iraq war).

Taiwan is definitely not a renegade province of People's Repulic of China (PROC or Mainland China). The island was given to Japanese during Qing Dynasty (清朝),and the USA took it over from Japan and passed it on to Jiang Jie Shi (蒋介石), the President of Republic of China during the 2nd world war (about 1944 or 1945). PROC only came into being on 1949 Oct 1. Have you ever seen a younger fellow being the father of an older person?

jw5

Loyal
Undoutedly Taiwan politics is messy becasue the society is going through transformation (like any societies new to democracy -- Korea, Philippines, Thailand). However, Taiwan never resort to coup (people's power, military coup or church intervention) to topple any legally elected politicians. This is one major step ahead of the those that required revolutions but claimed to be democratic.

Shen Fu Xiong was nominated by Ma for the position of 监查院长 (equivalent to head of internal affairs to discipline senior government officers; a minister level position). He was not voted in by the KMT legislators because these people were "disciples" of other KMT seniors (e.g. Lian Zhan 连战) and were not happy with Ma idealogy and "disrespect" for old power. That is one of the reasons why Ma needs to become the KMT Chairman so that he would be able to manage his party's cadres and the KMT dominated legislative yuan (立法院)。

For those Sporeans who slammed Taiwan for sucking up to US and China, they should look at Singapore. Not only did Spore suck up to both in big ways (and I agree that Spore should) the country get screwed from time to time (e.g. Suzhou, Tianjin Eco City, Iraq war).

Taiwan is definitely not a renegade province of People's Repulic of China (PROC or Mainland China). The island was given to Japanese during Qing Dynasty (清朝),and the USA took it over from Japan and passed it on to Jiang Jie Shi (蒋介石), the President of Republic of China during the 2nd world war (about 1944 or 1945). PROC only came into being on 1949 Oct 1. Have you ever seen a younger fellow being the father of an older person?
You quite obviously have knowledge and interest about Taiwan.
Would you like to share your opinions about other things in Taiwan like the variety shows, singers/songwriters, food or social life?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Besides 劉家昌 Taiwan has no songwriter of any notability or consistency. Most successful Taiwanese pop songs have tunes borrowed from Japanese.

jw5

Loyal
That other one is, of course, 志玲。

Well, if you don't understand the phenomenon of 小象腿,guess how this term came about.

When I started this thread, it never occurred to me that we would be discussing about proximity of vaginas to anuses. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
Besides 劉家昌 Taiwan has no songwriter of any notability or consistency. Most successful Taiwanese pop songs have tunes borrowed from Japanese.
There are many great Taiwan songwriters, past and present.
The current greats would include Jay Chou, Ah Qin from FIR, Ah Xin from Mayday, Wu Ke Qin, Wu Bai, etc etc. I also consider Singapore's very own JJ Lin and Tanya Chua as being very good, if not great.
After starting to watch Taiwan entertainment programmes, I have been shocked to realize that some of the tunes I have heard or have hummed in the last 20 years, have been composed by Taiwanese songwriters.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more.

65er

Alfrescian
Loyal

As I mentioned earlier, Taiwan's software leads their hardware. It is a gem is disguised.

If you examined properly, almost every Mandarin pop songs have some Taiwan elements in it. Elements I mean things such as: lyrics, melody, singer, producer -- the guy who directs and guide the singer in the singing, recording and music arrangement --, band, and album production company. Whether the songs were sang by mainland Chinese, Singaporean, Hongkie, Taiwanese or Malaysian, they were likely to have one or more of those elements by Taiwanese. It is amazing that they managed to champion the contemporary Chinese culture while being the only one preserving the traditional Chinese culture (mainland has lost it over the Cultural revolution). Taiwanese also write many good books even today.

Their variety shows are great. Spore would be happy to have 1 Jack Wu, and they have several including famous ones like 桃子,胡瓜,張飛 and etc. Their commedians are very funny too, I love watching their 全民最大黨。

Not many noticed that Taiwan filed the most patents in the world every year; yes more than US. That's because they have very good combination of engineering and entrepreneurship. TSMC and UMC were laughing their ways to the banks every quarter while Chartered Semi Con was bleeding. The country is also the world largest laptop producer, one of the top 2 LED producers, mid-range to high-end bicycle producer (including for ferrari and BMW), producer for iPOD and iPad and have great software capability. Don't forget that before the Indian, Taiwanese made up 20% of Silicon Valley population.
Their parliament and legislative yuan have the most PhD holder ratio in the world. There is no lack of talents. Mant thought the fights in the legisative yuan is a shame, and I agreed, but those are like wrestling matches -- shows. It started during the time when the media was completely under control of KMT during the Jiang family era. The opposition figured out that they would only get media coverage if they fought, so that their points and opinion would be aired. The tradition carried over to today.

Like Mr Brown who discovered with his family, the service quality and food are great in Taiwan.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their variety shows are great. Spore would be happy to have 1 Jack Wu, and they have several including famous ones like 桃子,胡瓜,張飛 and etc. Their commedians are very funny too, I love watching their 全民最大黨。

陶子;張菲。

Not many noticed that Taiwan filed the most patents in the world every year; yes more than US. That's because they have very good combination of engineering and entrepreneurship.

Really ?

Last edited:

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.economist.com/daily/chartgallery/displaystory.cfm?story_id=15487738

Daily chart

Intellectual property
Patents are a virtue
Which countries file for most international patents?

Feb 8th 2010 | From The Economist online

THE number of applications for international patents fell by 4.5% in 2009 compared with the year before to 159,000 as companies in Western countries cut back on R&D spending during the recession. Yet applications from east Asian economies, including Japan and South Korea, increased slightly, while those from China soared by 30%. Since 2005 applications from China have grown by 210% as the country has developed a home-grown high-tech sector. But, reflecting America's economic power and corporate dynamism, the United States is still the country from which the most filings orginate, and it has a huge lead. However, the number of American applications has fallen substantially from a peak of 54,000 in 2007.

Check the graph.
Patent.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many great Taiwan songwriters, past and present.
The current greats would include Jay Chou, Ah Qin from FIR, Ah Xin from Mayday, Wu Ke Qin, Wu Bai, etc etc. I also consider Singapore's very own JJ Lin and Tanya Chua as being very good, if not great.
After starting to watch Taiwan entertainment programmes, I have been shocked to realize that some of the tunes I have heard or have hummed in the last 20 years, have been composed by Taiwanese songwriters.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more.

Go listen to a classic Taiwan song like 榕树下。

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eatmyshorts is right. 榕樹下 is a Japanese song.

If you want to listen to original Taiwanese songs, like what Ramseth mentioned, 劉家昌 is one. Another is 古月. And no lyricist is better than 瓊瑤。

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allow me to share my thoughts on Taiwan...

Yes, it is a modern and advanced society today but to me it really has under achieved in many aspects. Lest we forget, Taiwan benefitted immersely from the influx of substantial talent from the mainland at the end of the Chinese civil war. In 1949, 2 million followers joined Chiang and the KMT army to Taiwan and among them are China's best and brightest - scholars, scientists, industrialists, bankers, writers, poets, artists, composers, film makers ...etc. In one of Lee Ao's programmes on Phoenix TV, he mentioned that many staff members from Peking University actually fled to Taiwan during that period.

So one would expect Taiwan to excel in many areas, right? Taipei is not a financial centre like S'pore and HK. Only their music industry is a force to be reckon with. The only other thing that Taiwan now can rival China are the artefacts lying at the Palace Museum and that is another legacy of Chiang Kai Shek....

65er

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allow me to share my thoughts on Taiwan...

Yes, it is a modern and advanced society today but to me it really has under achieved in many aspects. Lest we forget, Taiwan benefitted immersely from the influx of substantial talent from the mainland at the end of the Chinese civil war. In 1949, 2 million followers joined Chiang and the KMT army to Taiwan and among them are China's best and brightest - scholars, scientists, industrialists, bankers, writers, poets, artists, composers, film makers ...etc. In one of Lee Ao's programmes on Phoenix TV, he mentioned that many staff members from Peking University actually fled to Taiwan during that period.

So one would expect Taiwan to excel in many areas, right? Taipei is not a financial centre like S'pore and HK. Only their music industry is a force to be reckon with. The only other thing that Taiwan now can rival China are the artefacts lying at the Palace Museum and that is another legacy of Chiang Kai Shek....
only music industry is a force to be reckon with?
TSMC, UMC beats Chartered Semi con by great distance to the point that Ho Ching has to sell the lossing proposition away. Acer, Asus, Micro Trend etc technology companies are not force to reckon with? go and check Spore science park and IDA why they admired Hsin Chu industrial park.
The scholars and talents from mainland had already been replaced by at least 2 generations of local talents.
Korea and Japan are also not financial centers like HK and Spore. By the same token they had under achieved?