• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone still remember KFC in the 1980s?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nearby KFC restaurant during her meal break. Was really smitten with her then.. ..unrequitted love as she was already in a relationship with another guy.. 17 farkin years..
Zed, daresay we all go through similiar episodes. Only water face, admit or not. KFC was a treat then, now we siam as many said standard dropped. 2 pcs was max (with other trimmings) tummy can handle.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wah lau eh.. When you mentioned the KFC outlet at Thomson Plaza, suddenly reminds me of this occasion when I got to know a part time Yaohan gal.. She was working at Thomson Plaza Yaohan.. Took her to the nearby KFC restaurant during her meal break. Was really smitten with her then.. Happened 17 years ago.. Unfortunately it was an unrequitted love as she was already in a relationship with another guy.. 17 farkin years.. How time flies.. Ha..Ha..Ha..Ha..:biggrin:

Not to forget Milano's pizza opposite, and the Tamiya shop besides :biggrin:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still remember when KFC and other western fast food joints were opened, I can only look with envy because I could not afford.

As part of the segment of the poor in the society, it was indeed heart wrenching during those times.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Milanos was good, better than shit from Pizza Hut. Also remember Rockys (cheesy, angmoh stylo)

i can never recreate what they did with their pizzas bro, it has this unique scent from the herbs and spices they used :(

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i can never recreate what they did with their pizzas bro, it has this unique scent from the herbs and spices they used :(
Milano's was different because each outlet is individual franchise......there was a touch of home feel created by individual owners of each shop......so even add their own extra dishes on the menus.

M

Mdm Tang

Any bros know where kfc now get

its Chickens from ? Cost per whole Chicken ?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Milano's was different because each outlet is individual franchise......there was a touch of home feel created by individual owners of each shop......so even add their own extra dishes on the menus.

Pizzas were a luxurious treat in the 80s, i still like milanos over pizzahut till this day

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
like milanos over pizzahut till this day
Pizza Hut had this central kitchen in west coast area. Mass production, mostly mats (guess it comes with nature of business):p Simply awful, thin or thick crust. Marketing blitz only

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pizzas were a luxurious treat in the 80s, i still like milanos over pizzahut till this day

Shakey's was another......then like bro mentioned we had Rocky's which i was a regular at their sunset way outlet......they first started at Emerald Hill i think by an angmo......then came the canadian 2 in 1 etc......before that i had tried Domino's in US before and was hooked.....was waiting forever for them to come here......but somehow the local one was way below expectations.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes, it really can be considered a luxury in the 80s.. i remember on my ?th year birthday, (think not yet in Pri 1), my parents brought me to amk central pizza hut to eat pizza. that was my first time ( and i believed it was also my parents first time) to Pizza Hut. was really happy and i remembered the fork and spoon on the servette lined nicely on each table.

as u know, a young boy suddenly exposed to 'fine dining', is really an amazing experience... still can remember it is along the jubliee side, but cannot really recal which shop Pizza Hut was at.. how time flies..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as u know, a young boy suddenly exposed to 'fine dining', is really an amazing experience... still can remember it is along the jubliee side, but cannot really recal which shop Pizza Hut was at.. how time flies..
i think it was within the cinema building premises......another cinema nearby had 24 hours denny's......my friends were the resident paikias in Ave 8 so we were the VIP customers that can order breakfast menu in the middle of the night

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Denny's. Reminds me of the one in Marine Parade. I suffered my first breakoff there.

orchard one (orchard plaza not orchard towers) was very happening with a pub downstairs frequent by UWC and SAS kids.....used to hangout there to hook angmo girls...
infact most of their locations were good like Holland V also.....think back then dun have so many 24 hour joints.....the salad bar and soup were good too.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
suddenly it makes me realised that amk town centre changed alot!! there used to be a big round fountain in front of the macdonld..

nearby the S11, there is a 24 hour fair price. i think that time, the building was called elizabeth or something like that.

the bus interchange was situated at the current amk hub. when u cross the road, u will immediately reach a supermarket with a little maze in front of it. on the second floor is where i like best. there is a bridge/ connection on the second floor, and that area sells toys! i love to go there to look at the toys. when i was young, mum and dad doesn't have much money.. and when i look at the transformer toys, the cheapest transformer cost $12.90, i know i don't stand a chance to ask them buy for me. :(

but i still remember my brother saved and saved and saved and bought a batmobile toy for me on my ?th birthday, really love it.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
the old classic kfc bun

Qku9X.jpg

kfc now

4mTk3.png

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yes, it really can be considered a luxury in the 80s.. i remember on my ?th year birthday, (think not yet in Pri 1), my parents brought me to amk central pizza hut to eat pizza. that was my first time ( and i believed it was also my parents first time) to Pizza Hut. was really happy and i remembered the fork and spoon on the servette lined nicely on each table.

It was inside the cinema - Jubilee cinema. The old cinema only had one tenant other than Eng Wah cinemas, Pizza hut was prominent as the only shop on the 1st/2nd floor as it had a flight of stairs from the front going up :smile: