• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone knows where is 1 Finlayson Green?

Z

Zombie

This one is at No2 Finlayson Green, Asia Insurance Building. The one on the right side (of the photo) is No1.

450px-Asia_Insurance_Building%2C_Dec_05.JPG

This one is at No1 Finlayson Green, a newer 19 storey Building. (No2 is on the left, obviously). On the right side, this building is connected to AIA tower with a different address.

finlayson01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to Zombie for the pics. The old lady was standing at where there is a tree at the bottom right hand corner in the first pic. There was only a little grass patch there at that time which lead many to joke that Finlayson Green is so named because of that little patch of greenery there.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tot that was Asia Chambers building at the corner of Mccallum and Cecil street, just not long ago during renovation work a piece of slab fell and killed one worker so they said because of the old lady's curse

I may be wrong :confused:

Could be the curse from another old lady at a different building.:smile: So many old ladies cursing at tall buildings?

The one I mentioned about happened in the 50's/60's. I am not that clear with the times. It was just after the building construction was complete. Some of you might be able to google on when that building was completed and it is around that time. I am just writing from memory.:smile:

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one is at No2 Finlayson Green, Asia Insurance Building. The one on the right side (of the photo) is No1.

450px-Asia_Insurance_Building%2C_Dec_05.JPG

This one is at No1 Finlayson Green, a newer 19 storey Building. (No2 is on the left, obviously). On the right side, this building is connected to AIA tower with a different address.

finlayson01.jpg

Now I know why she cannot find the place. Can't imagine a building in Shenton Way calling itself green.