• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any recommended tailors for suits?

fried.perry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know Penisular has many Tailor Shops.

Can anyone recommend a good Tailor Shop to make nice and reasonably priced SUITS?

Cheers!

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can anyone recommend a good Tailor Shop to make nice and reasonably priced SUITS?

Cheers!

Why wear Western clothing? You should find a good tailor to make nice and reasonably-priced MA GUA instead.

Wow the foreigners and win them to your side with something from your own culture.

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

I got mine at a little shop at Lau Pa Sat. The workman ship is of top quality and standard. The old man charge is very reasonable. Three pairs of good material pants with good workman ship and cutting only $200.

If you gonna used it just for a special occasion, I would recommend that you go to Orchard Plaza Fashion Tailor. They have rented suit. Fashion Tailor is the brand that is use by many rich and famous people around this region.. Most mudland Sultan get their suit tailored here. You will notice that they had a group of elderly shanghainese man sewing within the shop. Its located on the second floor. The Boss name is Jimmy.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

Tailored shirts & pants are the best. I'm still wearing the ones I got 5+ year ago in Bangkok.

With the cheap air tix to Bangkok you should take a holiday & explore the tailors in BKK. Can customised internal pockets in each pocket to carry handphone, have lining for your trousers, etc.

When you go to a good tailor in Bkk they can offer a wide variety of materials from thailand, France, Italy, Britain,...

Once they have your measurements its easy to re-order by mail order new pants, shirts, .. with the latest materials & styles.

fried.perry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any recommendations in BKK? Cheers!

Tailored shirts & pants are the best. I'm still wearing the ones I got 5+ year ago in Bangkok.

With the cheap air tix to Bangkok you should take a holiday & explore the tailors in BKK. Can customised internal pockets in each pocket to carry handphone, have lining for your trousers, etc.

When you go to a good tailor in Bkk they can offer a wide variety of materials from thailand, France, Italy, Britain,...

Once they have your measurements its easy to re-order by mail order new pants, shirts, .. with the latest materials & styles.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
singapore - anson tailor and maharajas...can't go wrong but not cheap

bangkok - chinese tailor co, phetchaburi road, rachatevee...good quality tailoring

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone tried Oxford Tailor at UOB center?

Or CYC at Raffles Hotel? Someone here once recommended a tailor somewhere along Boat Quay too, but can't remember the name and address.

fried.perry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for all the replies!

Has anyone tried THE SUIT FACTORY @ Toa Payoh? They have both ready-made and made-to-measure SUITS?

juliet50a

THE SUIT FACTORY offers nice well built suits. Have been there to look see look see...... and the price is reasonable

as for shirts, i went to CYC at RP...... look for Roland. very nice and patient shirt consultant. avoid the one at Raffles hotel..... Roland will be very detailed....... had more than 10 shirts tailored at CYC...... no regrets tilll date.... what's more, Roland can help mix and matxh for some less casual shirt in terms of collar and double cuff..... fantastics........

juliet50a

I know a home based tailor in Bedok area...
His skill is excellent & price is reasonable...

Hi Bro Milktea

Does the home based tailor charge for workmanship only? Am thinking of getting some fabric on my own, and looking for a tailor that will do the rest of the job

thanks

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
as for shirts, i went to CYC at RP...... avoid the one at Raffles hotel.....

agree with you, I walked in one at Raffles hotel and one of the CYC daughters asked whether I was a regular when I said no she, and other staff turned away and ignored me totally

they should have posted the sign outside to say first timer need not come in:mad:

jw5

Loyal
agree with you, I walked in one at Raffles hotel and one of the CYC daughters asked whether I was a regular when I said no she, and other staff turned away and ignored me totally

they should have posted the sign outside to say first timer need not come in:mad:
So if all the regulars die or migrate, they won't have any customers left?

porkchop75

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hubby gets his shirts & suits at Boss Apparels at BKK. The shop is opposite National stadium (diagonally opp. MBK). Their representatives now come down to S'pore every now & then. In fact, they were here last week. Here's their website: http://www.trendysuit.com/ . You could email them to find out their next S'pore visit.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go Bangkok sukhumvit area

Yes, Bangkok Sukhumvit area best. Shop around the Indian-Thai tailor shops from Nana onwards. They offer some good discount packages, with extra trousers and shirts. Custom tailored and delivery can be arranged, so there's no problem of having to stay too long awaiting collection.

Can even pay in Baht, US$ or Euro.