• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang kong kia (tattooed man) kenna chopped at Changi Village

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
There is no change and no way with a flying bullet. However if in close contact with a person with a gun then there is a chance but you must act so fast and mercilessly.

you mean you can run faster then the speed of bullet ? you can run faster then a bottle of acid splashing at you ?

you must be ......

untitledhfd.jpg

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ram

All I am saying is it was a piece of bad writing without really thinking thru how to present the impt facts first.

What forummers do with the story here cannot explain what rationale the reporter had.

The rationale in context of journalism was of course, they have to report who called the police since they know it. Who and why make a fuss of it? Of course some self righteous coward who can't believe that they can just call the police and continue eating and drinking. It's no big deal. Why focus on this and make a fuss out of it? Because of self righteous cowardice and inadequacy.

Some feel people must run in such situation as they themselves do. If they're so brave, they must risk their lives and intervene. Wise, cool and calm people just carry on as usual as long as it's none of their business. Calling the police was already fulfilling sense of public duty already. They didn't even have to.

Ask yourself honestly. Isn't this why this discussion turn focus from fighting to why four people are neither fighting nor running? Otherwise, the two lines by the reporter would have been glossed over.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is no change and no way with a flying bullet. However if in close contact with a person with a gun then there is a chance but you must act so fast and mercilessly.

Bro , if I'm the guy with the gun , I wouldn't even let him come close to me in less then 5 feet away In the first place .. And I will be merciless too .. I would not think twice to fired if he move an inch ..

Last edited:

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

and have a look at this.real hero compare to those so called ah beng gangster gang fight.Our Ah beng ah Seng gangsters behave so childish and lame!!! they better have a look at this video.how the Marine fight!!!

[video=youtube;ALajdKFKTKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALajdKFKTKo&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah bei ask those ah beng ah seng to look at this video too!!! si bei hero... !!! our ah beng ah seng knn look so childish and lame compare to them!!!

[video=youtube;4LQQa3YI6wU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LQQa3YI6wU&feature=related[/video]

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 4 men are enjoying their drinks or meals, why should they get involve in something which doesn't concern them, as mention by report they are in a corner which is not near the place of fight.

Why be a hero in a fight which weapon is use, might accidentaly got stab and die from it , is it worth it.

Helping someone who has an accident is different then trying to break up a fight, as long as nothing come flying your way just enjoy your drink or meal.

You've misconstrued where people are coming from. The question here is what's the rationale behind the mentioning of the four men in the report, simple as that. What the four men do or dont do is irrelevant, it does not answer the question.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They were reporting what people saw. You do not omit something if you are unable to ascertain the answers. Let people make assumptions and chuckyworld is probably right. Are the 4 men relevant in the press report. I think so. Someone claimed they called the Police. Others saw them carrying on eating with no fear.

There are 2 stories here - the fight and the conduct of the 4 men. It was enough to generate 86 posts.

As the reporter do you omit stories if you do not know the motives or unable to gather more info. I am sure the 4 men are probably gang members from a different group minding their own business and they certainly not about to give an interview to reporters or share their family history.

ps. anyone who calls the Police to report a likely fight is better off saying that they are fighting. If you say about to fight, the lazy bastards won't move.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You've misconstrued where people are coming from. The question here is what's the rationale behind the mentioning of the four men in the report, simple as that. What the four men do or dont do is irrelevant, it does not answer the question.

Ok, my bad.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
They were reporting what people saw. You do not omit something if you are unable to ascertain the answers. Let people make assumptions and chuckyworld is probably right. Are the 4 men relevant in the press report. I think so. Someone claimed they called the Police. Others saw them carrying on eating with no fear.

There are 2 stories here - the fight and the conduct of the 4 men. It was enough to generate 86 posts.

As the reporter do you omit stories if you do not know the motives or unable to gather more info. I am sure the 4 men are probably gang members from a different group minding their own business and they certainly not about to give an interview to reporters or share their family history.

ps. anyone who calls the Police to report a likely fight is better off saying that they are fighting. If you say about to fight, the lazy bastards won't move.

You wrote a load of mumbo jumbos but it still does not answer the question on rationale. The report runs with a caption "Men do nothing after fight breaks out". The question here is not about the context of the report, it's about the reporter's rationale, in simple terms the fundamental reason or reasons behind his mentioning of these men. It's as simple as that.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't lose sleep over such things. Its intriguing for some and not others. Live and let live. No point killing yourself over such a petty thing.

You wrote a load of mumbo jumbos but it still does not answer the question on rationale. The report runs with a caption "Men do nothing after fight breaks out". The question here is not about the context of the report, it's about the reporter's rationale, in simple terms the fundamental reason or reasons behind his mentioning of these men. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Right. Alright, alright. Men did nothing after fight broke up. So what? I did that all the time when it was none of my business, so what? The reporter is apparently going for a little dose of sensationalism for audience who thought men should do something, either be brave enough to break the fight or frightened enough to run. That's all.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't lose sleep over such things. Its intriguing for some and not others. Live and let live. No point killing yourself over such a petty thing.

Looks like you had a swollen ego and you had too lord over just about everything. Live and let live. There's nothing wrong with having a curious mind.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right. Alright, alright. Men did nothing after fight broke up. So what? I did that all the time when it was none of my business, so what? The reporter is apparently going for a little dose of sensationalism for audience who thought men should do something, either be brave enough to break the fight or frightened enough to run. That's all.

Right, is it so wrong in people minding their own business. That's why my question on the reporter's rationale, is he hitting at public spirits or is he trying to generate audience.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Right, is it so wrong in people minding their own business. That's why my question on the reporter's rationale, is he hitting at public spirits or is he trying to generate audience.

Well, I think it's a mixture both, nothing sinister. Just humanity and journalism. :wink:

I can well understand why many people can't understand how you could remain seated, eat and drink while a fight is going on around you. I can only say, not all people are the same, behave the same or react the same.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

reporter did all a favor by bringing up a very important aspect of human existence. when morons and retards kill each other, never try to save them. act cool as a cucumber when low lives destroy their own gene pool. it's more than survival, it's divine.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I think it's a mixture both, nothing sinister. Just humanity and journalism. :wink:

I can well understand why many people can't understand how you could remain seated, eat and drink while a fight is going on around you. I can only say, not all people are the same, behave the same or react the same.

Nothing sinister alright but journalism with insinuation is not something nice, it's a perturbance of the mind.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
reporter did all a favor by bringing up a very important aspect of human existence. when morons and retards kill each other, never try to save them. act cool as a cucumber when low lives destroy their own gene pool. it's more than survival, it's divine.

He did brought up an aspect but not without something else in his mind.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He did brought up an aspect but not without something else in his mind.

if the reporter was trying to insinuate that everyone shouldn't be sitting cool but react with their chicken heads literally cut off to the situation, he was right. those guys' heads were literally cut off to any commotion surrounding them. requires much discipline, experience and training to sit and enjoy a cup of kopi while shit hits the fan. society needs such folks when in distress. only folks with these traits can save a nation.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if the reporter was trying to insinuate that everyone shouldn't be sitting cool but react with their chicken heads literally cut off to the situation, he was right. those guys' heads were literally cut off to any commotion surrounding them. requires much discipline, experience and training to sit and enjoy a cup of kopi while shit hits the fan. society needs such folks when in distress. only folks with these traits can save a nation.

Those guys were probably bigger gangsters then those chopping up at the next table....

Ever seen those 武侠片...inside the 茶楼 or 客栈....always those high skilled pugilists will carry on drinking and eating oblivious at their table when all the calefare starts fighting and turning place upside down....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those guys were probably bigger gangsters then those chopping up at the next table....

Ever seen those 武侠片...inside the 茶楼 or 客栈....always those high skilled pugilists will carry on drinking and eating oblivious at their table when all the calefare starts fighting and turning place upside down....

watched too many movies and read too many kungfool novels liao. in reality, it's an unwritten code to respect the space and business of others, especially when one knows it's gang red fighting gang green. no point getting in the fray and cause more confusion and misunderstanding. may unnecessarily start a 3-way fight which leads to 3-way war that can last generations and cause many lives, limbs and livers. (nobody likes carnage a trois except for sg oppo parties.) after all, one lousy soldier belonging to another gang is always dispensable and expendable, ready to
be written off with a quiet grin. :biggrin: