• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Analysis on Hougang BE

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It a foregone conclusion that WP won't be getting higher percentage than GE 2011 in hg. It just a matter whether WP can beat the odds and score above public expectation. Personally I will use WP historical low score of 55% in 2001 for hg as benchmark.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He has sinned for proposing two IRs in Singapore and to be a PAP man, he is beyond hope.

He has done his confession at the box, & said his penitence and flogged himself with Hyssop & covered with ashes, for his sins.

What 'stocking stuffers' will they put up this time?, too 'cheap' more shifting to the WP, too 'expensive' or even put in an 'immoratl' there and loose, no face!. Will there be bird's nest soup, abolone soup, MacD breafast being offered? or the grasslooters are still enjoying themselves at the Karaoke lounge at the RC's??

Stay tune for the continuing epsiode of.....btw rumours circulating around that YAW was a mole...anyone heard of this?:p

CakeLengKia

Alfrescian
Loyal
most likely than not desmond choo will be fielded again since he is still the grassroot advisor and he did say that he is ready for by-election

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please, (overgrown) children should stay out of such topics, unless you want to see a picture of snake with legs. Mine is real, neutral analysis, not some jealous grudge against WP passed off as "analysis" or anal-shit. I might believe here that WP has many factors in its favour, but never said WP "sure win" or "never wrong", just like its mirror position that WP "sure lose" and "always wrong".

The PAP's best strategy is to go into this BE with a strong emphasis on municipal matters.

WP on the other hand should focus on national issues and turn this into a referendum of PAP rule 1 yr after GE 2011.

The msm will do everything in their power to shift the electoral battlefield to municipal matters. If WP does not come up with a coherent strategy to counter this, high chance the share of the vote will fall. WP's traditional strength has been working the ground. They have been weak on internet campaigning and have been free riding off the efforts of other parties who have been much more active in the internet.

On 3 corner fights, I wouldn't rule this out completely. Anything is possible if the price is right. The intent would not be to win but split the vote so that the PAP has a chance. In return for seervices rendered, there are a vast array of treats the PAP can offer from their far flung business empire.

Last edited:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh really ? So it's "mission accomplished" for Yaw now ? Is Yaw heading some government-linked projects in Vietnam now :wink:
What project? Of all places he chose Vietnam. He is moving upstream right to the source where limitless supply of Vietnamese chicks awaits him. :biggrin:

Checker

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they can press happily retired grandpa TT into service, they can press GY if deemed necessary. Say to voters: We have top-notch quality control... only the best proven talent... the desk at MFA is being emptied (or even promote him to sweeten?!)... He will bring promised 'change' to the party etc. Criticize WP non-stop for the failure to see through YSL for 10 yrs.

Then also have TJS join fray since this will now become a very high profile fight.

Remote possibilities here... but who knows.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What project? Of all places he chose Vietnam. He is moving upstream right to the source where limitless supply of Vietnamese chicks awaits him. :biggrin:

He has business and associates in Vietnam for years. Eating dog meat there is legal too. :biggrin:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Generally agree with you on all pts, including the internet strategy bit about riding off coat-tails.

If a 3CF occurs the spoiler will not be a high profile person like TJS because of the huge negative image that will be cast. In my view there's not much to worry about, and besides, nothing anyone can do about it. SKL or the parrot man will not unseat WP from HG anytime soon.

The PAP's best strategy is to go into this BE with a strong emphasis on municipal matters.

WP on the other hand should focus on national issues and turn this into a referendum of PAP rule 1 yr after GE 2011.

The msm will do everything in their power to shift the electoral battlefield to municipal matters. If WP does not come up with a coherent strategy to counter this, high chance the share of the vote will fall. WP's traditional strength has been working the ground. They have been weak on internet campaigning and have been free riding off the efforts of other parties who have been much more active in the internet.

On 3 corner fights, I wouldn't rule this out completely. Anything is possible if the price is right. The intent would not be to win but split the vote so that the PAP has a chance. In return for seervices rendered, there are a vast array of treats the PAP can offer from their far flung business empire.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stay tune for the continuing epsiode of.....btw rumours circulating around that YAW was a mole...anyone heard of this?:p

Yes, including stories that the PAP arranged for him to flee the country and will take care of him financially. None of it makes any sense however, and anyway this issue is not important anymore. I'm surprised Village Insect has not pounced on it, I thought nothing will be too "Low" for him.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

100% with you on this. If cannot win the game, the next objective is to avoid a thrashing. In soccer, park the bus in front of goalpost. In elections, send in 'spoilers'.

Plenty of them on standby. $$$ is never an issue with the MIW. Taxpayers' money used. Not theirs. An important entity will ensure the playing field is not level and goal post will shift when needed.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm quite confirmed of a "Sad" clone. Goodness, come into "cloning business" as another change of principle is fine, at least be less obvious and not create a pro-FVI anti-Perspective nick - which original forummer would find any meaning in being pro-FVI or anti-nobody-like-Perspective, much less a combi of both. And do change the writing a little too.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If PAP will to request GY to serve the party for one last time to contest and sacrifice the identity of all their deception experts .... and make it a multi-corner fight, wonder what will be the chance of WP.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Haha.... Insects trying to calling its bluff here! :wink:

Read my analysis:

http://singaporealternatives.blogspot.com/2012/03/blog-post.html

Goh Meng Seng

What kind of BE analysis is this? It read more like another pre-empt attack on other oppostion parties! Or a warning from the WP camp to other opposition parties, don't fool with us.

Point 6, sounds like WP member here have really big ego.

If this is not the WP position, don't paint it as such, otherwise it is people like you that will give WP a bad name.