• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

An appeal to my fellow Samsters re Russia vs Ukraine.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All.

I've avoided the forum the for the last week or two because I'm disgusted and saddened.

Now I don't care which way you people stand on who's right. Russia or Ukraine. Nato or whatever. I don't give a flying fuck.

The bottom line is that right now as you all comfortable people sitting behind a keyboard in your high priced properties are happily digesting your Michelin starred meal, there are literally millions of Ukrainians without food, water, electricity or heat. Now I don't expect any of you to understand what an Ukrainian winter is because most of you have not simply lived through one, but the ghastly cold, no water and lack of shelter is horrendous.

Now for those Russian supporters, stop for a moment and consider what the West's sanctions are doing to the regular Ivan. Their currency is trash. They are getting kicked out left, right and centre from world events. Nobody will do business with them and they will not have a viable comfortable future like you do simply because Putin is bent on regaining Ukraine.

Either side you are on, stop for a minute and think. You smug and self-important keyboard warriors, pappie, oppie, russkie, ukrainie, whatever. You are sitting comfortably and pontificating on your own self-professed importance and intelligence with all your comments.

All I'm asking at the end of this post is for you all to spare what you can for the poor citizens of Ukraine and Russia. Both will suffer. Whether it's for the West's hypocrisy or Putin's delusions of grandeur. The regular Ivan or Ivana is going to pay the price. Whether, you guys give $5 or $5000000 or even a moment's prayer or goodwill, please spare a small slice of the cozy life of yours for those poor people who will have to suffer. As in all war, glory goes to the leaders, the suffering goes to the regular people.

Peace and wisdom be upon you.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forget about the trashy Ukrainian people and save the pets in Ukraine instead! More info on their IG page. :thumbsup:

Walk the talk, self-professed animal lovers. On behalf of animal rights crusader PAP MP Louis Ng, I thank you. :biggrin:

eur.jpg
usd.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best outcome for all is the war ending quickly

All the chatter here has no consequence because Putin doesn't surf this forum

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best outcome for all is the war ending quickly
right. whatever the outcome is irrelevant. Whether he totally owns the place or gives up and goes home, the results for me will be the same. Who wins or who loses is just cock-waving for me.
All the chatter here has no consequence because Putin doesn't surf this forum
The chatter has no consequence, but our actions in the real world do. As a proxy of the opinions on this forum, I gather that the average samster has no fucking clue as to the real costs and burden of war. It bothers me that no one has no one has made an effort to point this out. I know that sinkies are infamously possessive of their hard earned cash. Even a moment's consideration is a start.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget about the trashy Ukrainian people and save the pets in Ukraine instead! More info on their IG page. :thumbsup:

Walk the talk, self-professed animal lovers. On behalf of animal rights crusader PAP MP Louis Ng, I thank you. :biggrin:

View attachment 136683View attachment 136684
I know you donate blood. Save something from this godforsaken mess for goodness sake. Whether it's a cat a dog a Ukrainian or Russian.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The chatter has no consequence, but our actions in the real world do. As a proxy of the opinions on this forum, I gather that the average samster has no fucking clue as to the real costs and burden of war. It bothers me that no one has no one has made an effort to point this out. I know that sinkies are infamously possessive of their hard earned cash. Even a moment's consideration is a start.

When iraq and Afghanistan were invaded 20 years ago.. Did you appeal for donation or anything?

Why is this time different? Because it's white people fighting???

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
When iraq and Afghanistan were invaded 20 years ago.. Did you appeal for donation or anything?

Why is this time different? Because it's white people fighting???
I've already answered this question elsewhere in reply to lordelrond. I don't know how to link it. but I've only made 5 posts the last week so it shouldn't be too hard to find. It's in JohnTan's thread.

Basically : I fucking fought tooth and nail with everyone who insisted that the the US was going after WMDs. Delusional Bush and poodle Blair. It's no different. Besides whoami I think I'm the most against the fucking invasion of the Middle East.

Why the fuck should white people get special treatment??

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've already answered this question elsewhere in reply to lordelrond. I don't know how to link it. but I've only made 5 posts the last week so it shouldn't be too hard to find. It's in JohnTan's thread.

Basically : I fucking fought tooth and nail with everyone who insisted that the the US was going after WMDs. Delusional Bush and poodle Blair. It's no different. Besides whoami I think I'm the most against the fucking invasion of the Middle East.

Did you appeal for us to make $5 or $50000 donations?
Why the fuck should white people get special treatment??
My point exactly

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not our fight.
The Ukrainians had it coming snd the went ahead ignor8ng warning signs.
They had a democratically elected president in 2014. But he was deposed in a violent uprising. From then on, Ukrainians and russians ended up with a civil war. The country will never be united again.best they split. Russian Majority areas gets independence. Better thus than prolong war.

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Red Cross’ Humanitarian Aid Arrives In Ukraine
www.redcross.sg

Singapore_Red_Cross_Relief_Efforts_in_Ukraine.jpeg
  • Donor community responds, raising S$2M in 1 week
  • Rapid increase in humanitarian needs due to intensified hostilities
Singapore, 4 March 2022 - The first tranche of aid from Singapore Red Cross’ earlier US$100,000 commitment has arrived in Ukraine, and is being distributed by the Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), as part of their ongoing response.

The SRC has been in active contact with the Ukrainian Red Cross and the IFRC on the ground situation. The URCS, with the support of the Red Cross Movement, has provided lifesaving assistance as follows:
  • More than 30,000 people have already received humanitarian aid from the Red Cross emergency stockpile: including hygiene and food kits, warm clothing and medicine.
  • Ukraine Red Cross Rapid Response Units are
    • providing support to fire brigades and State Emergency Services in repairing damage to civilian buildings and infrastructure. More than 50 lives have been saved during this time.
    • on duty at congested border crossing points: arranging places for mothers and children; providing water, food and hygiene items; supporting people with first aid and psychological first aid on a 24/7 basis.
    • assisting in evacuation of civilians from places where shelling takes place.
    • organising collection points for essentials in the regions to be handed over to those who need them now: clothes, food, hygiene items, drinks, bed linen, blankets, etc.
    • distributing food and water to 8,000 people taking shelter in Kyiv’s metro stations and 4,000 people staying in shelters in Mariupol.
Red Cross Societies in neighbouring countries such as Poland, Romania, Lithuania, Hungary and Slovakia have provided humanitarian support at the border, distributing food items, water, non-food items, hygiene products, and communication services, where over 500,000 people have fled Ukraine.

Mr Benjamin William, Secretary General and CEO of Singapore Red Cross, said, “I am heartened to see the outpouring of support from the people of Singapore for our humanitarian response to the crisis in Ukraine. It is a show of solidarity with the communities suffering heavy casualties in Ukraine.”

“Our team has been working closely with the Ukrainian Red Cross, IFRC and other National Societies to provide assistance to address the most pressing needs. Much of the focus will be on the vulnerable, including children (many who are unaccompanied), single women with children, the elderly, and people with disabilities. The combination of an active and bloody conflict, extreme cold weather and Covid-19 means that for the people in the conflict regions and those who have been displaced from their homes (already exceeding 1 million), the days ahead will be a struggle for survival. The essential needs continue to increase day by day. Only through the collaborative effort of many parties, including we in Singapore, can we effectively reach out to meet the needs of the affected persons and communities.”

OVERWHELMING SUPPORT FROM COMMUNITY

In Singapore, donations to the SRC fundraising appeal have reached about S$2 million. This includes the Singapore Government’s contribution of US$100,000 to the humanitarian operations.

Corporate organisations including Barclays, Credence, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, and Frasers Property have launched employee giving initiatives; Bitdeer Group and Frasers Property have also made outright donations. Foodpanda and Revolut are making it easy for their communities to donate via their apps. Home-based bakery Little Beauties Bakes is donating sale proceeds of baked goods, whilst some students are selling accessories in school to raise funds.

The key challenges in delivering humanitarian aid include logistical limitations and disrupted supply chains. Unsolicited in-kind donations for Ukraine remain a challenge for the Red Cross Societies on the ground to handle, exacerbating capacity to store, transport and distribute it. Red Cross encourages monetary donations as cash can be used to purchase items more quickly at nearby unaffected regions, thereby enhancing flexibility in the Red Cross response coordination at this time of need.

The Red Cross reiterates our call for unhindered access to civilians for Humanitarian Aid. In line with universally accepted International Humanitarian Law, the Red Cross has called for the protection of non-combatants and critical infrastructure such as water and power systems in Ukraine, so that all humanitarian actors, including the Red Cross, will be able to have access to civilians needing help.

The Singapore Red Cross has activated its “Restoring Family Links” (RFL) service to assist Singapore residents to locate their immediate family members who may have been affected by the disasters with whom they have difficulty in contacting. For assistance, please contact SRC.

Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Response
1) Make an online donation -
Giving.sg, DonorBox, Donation Portal, iRaiser, Benevity
2) PayNow
Go to "PayNow" > Click "Paynow to UEN" > Key in “S86CC0370EFR2” > Key in the amount you would like to donate > Input “Ukraine Crisis” under Bill Reference.

Or

Go to "Scan & Pay" > Scan QR Code below > Key in the amount you would like to donate > Input “Ukraine Crisis” under Bill Reference.

QR Code Floods in Malaysia

3) Fund Transfer
Select "Transfer Money" > Go to "One-Time Transfer" > Click "To other bank" > Key in “SINGAPORE RED CROSS” > Select “HSBC (Corporate)” > Enter account no. “142038546002” > Key in the amount you would like to donate > Input "Ukraine Crisis" under Comments.

4) Cheque donation
Please make cheque payable to Singapore Red Cross Society, to be posted to Red Cross House, 15 Penang Lane, Singapore 238486. Please leave your name, postal address and indicate “Ukraine Crisis” at the back of your cheque.

5) Revolut
If you're a Revolut Singapore customer, you can make a one-off donation or round up your spare change and have it automatically donated, via the Donations feature in-app.
Notes:
  • Donations to overseas efforts are not tax-deductible.
  • In the event that donations exceed the expenses incurred by Singapore Red Cross in this specific disaster response, any surplus or unspent money, after three years from the date of inception of the fund, can be used to prepare for and serve communities affected by other disasters or may be used to complement or to sustain projects undertaken by SRC in helping the vulnerable in areas affected by disasters.
Appeal period: 25 February to 31 May 2022

Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
Photo via Maksym Trebukhov for LB.ua and Ukrainian Red Cross.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not our fight.
The Ukrainians had it coming snd the went ahead ignor8ng warning signs.
They had a democratically elected president in 2014. But he was deposed in a violent uprising. From then on, Ukrainians and russians ended up with a civil war. The country will never be united again.best they split. Russian Majority areas gets independence. Better thus than prolong war.
Yes. It is NOT our FIGHT.

But the poor buggers and both sides are literally being buggered. I'm asking people to spare a though or prayer at the very least. ok?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Iraqis were hoping saddam get deposed and they get a democratic gomen to replace it with US help. Unfortunately, washington had other ideas. They totally destroyed the country from ground up.dismantle its entire gomen and security apparatus and turned the country into chaotic mess. Which continues till this day.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Red Cross’ Humanitarian Aid Arrives In Ukraine
www.redcross.sg

Singapore_Red_Cross_Relief_Efforts_in_Ukraine.jpeg
  • Donor community responds, raising S$2M in 1 week
  • Rapid increase in humanitarian needs due to intensified hostilities
Singapore, 4 March 2022 - The first tranche of aid from Singapore Red Cross’ earlier US$100,000 commitment has arrived in Ukraine, and is being distributed by the Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), as part of their ongoing response.

The SRC has been in active contact with the Ukrainian Red Cross and the IFRC on the ground situation. The URCS, with the support of the Red Cross Movement, has provided lifesaving assistance as follows:
  • More than 30,000 people have already received humanitarian aid from the Red Cross emergency stockpile: including hygiene and food kits, warm clothing and medicine.
  • Ukraine Red Cross Rapid Response Units are
    • providing support to fire brigades and State Emergency Services in repairing damage to civilian buildings and infrastructure. More than 50 lives have been saved during this time.
    • on duty at congested border crossing points: arranging places for mothers and children; providing water, food and hygiene items; supporting people with first aid and psychological first aid on a 24/7 basis.
    • assisting in evacuation of civilians from places where shelling takes place.
    • organising collection points for essentials in the regions to be handed over to those who need them now: clothes, food, hygiene items, drinks, bed linen, blankets, etc.
    • distributing food and water to 8,000 people taking shelter in Kyiv’s metro stations and 4,000 people staying in shelters in Mariupol.
Red Cross Societies in neighbouring countries such as Poland, Romania, Lithuania, Hungary and Slovakia have provided humanitarian support at the border, distributing food items, water, non-food items, hygiene products, and communication services, where over 500,000 people have fled Ukraine.

Mr Benjamin William, Secretary General and CEO of Singapore Red Cross, said, “I am heartened to see the outpouring of support from the people of Singapore for our humanitarian response to the crisis in Ukraine. It is a show of solidarity with the communities suffering heavy casualties in Ukraine.”

“Our team has been working closely with the Ukrainian Red Cross, IFRC and other National Societies to provide assistance to address the most pressing needs. Much of the focus will be on the vulnerable, including children (many who are unaccompanied), single women with children, the elderly, and people with disabilities. The combination of an active and bloody conflict, extreme cold weather and Covid-19 means that for the people in the conflict regions and those who have been displaced from their homes (already exceeding 1 million), the days ahead will be a struggle for survival. The essential needs continue to increase day by day. Only through the collaborative effort of many parties, including we in Singapore, can we effectively reach out to meet the needs of the affected persons and communities.”

OVERWHELMING SUPPORT FROM COMMUNITY

In Singapore, donations to the SRC fundraising appeal have reached about S$2 million. This includes the Singapore Government’s contribution of US$100,000 to the humanitarian operations.

Corporate organisations including Barclays, Credence, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, and Frasers Property have launched employee giving initiatives; Bitdeer Group and Frasers Property have also made outright donations. Foodpanda and Revolut are making it easy for their communities to donate via their apps. Home-based bakery Little Beauties Bakes is donating sale proceeds of baked goods, whilst some students are selling accessories in school to raise funds.

The key challenges in delivering humanitarian aid include logistical limitations and disrupted supply chains. Unsolicited in-kind donations for Ukraine remain a challenge for the Red Cross Societies on the ground to handle, exacerbating capacity to store, transport and distribute it. Red Cross encourages monetary donations as cash can be used to purchase items more quickly at nearby unaffected regions, thereby enhancing flexibility in the Red Cross response coordination at this time of need.

The Red Cross reiterates our call for unhindered access to civilians for Humanitarian Aid. In line with universally accepted International Humanitarian Law, the Red Cross has called for the protection of non-combatants and critical infrastructure such as water and power systems in Ukraine, so that all humanitarian actors, including the Red Cross, will be able to have access to civilians needing help.

The Singapore Red Cross has activated its “Restoring Family Links” (RFL) service to assist Singapore residents to locate their immediate family members who may have been affected by the disasters with whom they have difficulty in contacting. For assistance, please contact SRC.

Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Response
1) Make an online donation -
Giving.sg, DonorBox, Donation Portal, iRaiser, Benevity
2) PayNow
Go to "PayNow" > Click "Paynow to UEN" > Key in “S86CC0370EFR2” > Key in the amount you would like to donate > Input “Ukraine Crisis” under Bill Reference.

Or

Go to "Scan & Pay" > Scan QR Code below > Key in the amount you would like to donate > Input “Ukraine Crisis” under Bill Reference.

QR Code Floods in Malaysia

3) Fund Transfer
Select "Transfer Money" > Go to "One-Time Transfer" > Click "To other bank" > Key in “SINGAPORE RED CROSS” > Select “HSBC (Corporate)” > Enter account no. “142038546002” > Key in the amount you would like to donate > Input "Ukraine Crisis" under Comments.

4) Cheque donation
Please make cheque payable to Singapore Red Cross Society, to be posted to Red Cross House, 15 Penang Lane, Singapore 238486. Please leave your name, postal address and indicate “Ukraine Crisis” at the back of your cheque.

5) Revolut
If you're a Revolut Singapore customer, you can make a one-off donation or round up your spare change and have it automatically donated, via the Donations feature in-app.
Notes:
  • Donations to overseas efforts are not tax-deductible.
  • In the event that donations exceed the expenses incurred by Singapore Red Cross in this specific disaster response, any surplus or unspent money, after three years from the date of inception of the fund, can be used to prepare for and serve communities affected by other disasters or may be used to complement or to sustain projects undertaken by SRC in helping the vulnerable in areas affected by disasters.
Appeal period: 25 February to 31 May 2022

Please refer to our FAQs for more information.
Photo via Maksym Trebukhov for LB.ua and Ukrainian Red Cross.
thank you. whatever life you have, may it be better for this effort.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Iraqis were hoping saddam get deposed and they get a democratic gomen to replace it with US help. Unfortunately, washington had other ideas. They totally destroyed the country from ground up.dismantle its entire gomen and security apparatus and turned the country into chaotic mess. Which continues till this day.
and am I surprised? Bottom line as per the initial post. Spare a dollar or a prayer instead of blah blah.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
and am I surprised? Bottom line as per the initial post. Spare a dollar or a prayer instead of blah blah.
as a fellow Malaysian, I take it you'd rather be arguing with someone than not have someone to argue with at all.
You told whoami that you are ex Malaysian and now you said you are Malaysian. That’s why never can trust any Malaysian claiming to be Singaporean until see the red passport. Now ownself busted your own lies just like Jeremy Quek aka Glockman aka cottonmouth busted own lies of he attacked me because I attacked him. You are a Malaysian liar bastard using evil filthy lies viciously attacking me a virgin as a slut whore mistress for years because you are a Malaysian that dislike me speaking the truth. Pui your filthy Malaysian whore mother phua cb!

View attachment 136691

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we tend to stand on side of Ukraine, they are being invaded. Russia is the invader. Regardless if Ukraine is in the wrong, there is no resort to violence.
Similarly Nato & Biden are equally guilty of where Ukraine ended up today. As it is, the victim is Ukraine, who kenna fucked left right centre.

In a war, civilians suffered but Ukrainians are losing their lives & homes. Russians lost their convenience and money, which can be probably be earned back.

same thoughts for Iraqis, Libyans, and other countries being invaded by US led propaganda.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
we tend to stand on side of Ukraine, they are being invaded. Russia is the invader. Regardless if Ukraine is in the wrong, there is no resort to violence.
Similarly Nato & Biden are equally guilty of where Ukraine ended up today. As it is, the victim is Ukraine, who kenna fucked left right centre.

In a war, civilians suffered but Ukrainians are losing their lives & homes. Russians lost their convenience and money, which can be probably be earned back.

same thoughts for Iraqis, Libyans, and other countries being invaded by US led propaganda.
Ukraine as in the citizenry of the Ukraine is not in the wrong. Whatever Zelensky, Biden, Putin does is nothing to do with Ukraine, Russia or the US. People vs Politicians.

I feel most sorry for the regular people of Ukraine. They kena the most.

And in the Middle East too. Fuck that.