• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[AMA] I am a Singaporean Woman

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
of course, Claire is a real woman in real life, who in their right mind would pretend to be woman in their unreal life
I know lah there is a 50 50 chance that claire is a real char bor so u all suddenly become so polite.:rolleyes:
If this "Claire" were a real woman in real life, I would dedicate this song (from the 1970s) to her:

[video=youtube;eAKInjg66fY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAKInjg66fY[/video]

Clair, the moment I met you
I swear I felt as if something
Somewhere had happened to me
Which I couldn't see

And then the moment I met you again
I knew in my heart that we were friends
It had to be so it couldn't be no
But try as hard as I might do

I don't know why you get to me
In a way I can't describe
Words mean so little
When you look up and smile

I don't care what people say to me
You're more than a child, oh Clair
Clair

Clair, if ever a moment so rare
Was captured for all to compare
That moment is you in all that you do
But why in spite of our age difference
Do I cry each time I leave you

I feel I could die
Nothing means more to me
Than hearing you say
I'm going to marry you
Will you marry me, Uncle Ray?"
Oh Clair, Clair

Clair I've told you before don't you dare
Get back into bed can't you see that is late
No you can't have a drink
Oh alright then, but wait just a bit

While I in an effort to baby sit
Capture my breath what there is left of it
You can be murder at this hour of the day
But in the morning tonight will seem a life time away
Oh Clair, Clair

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Charlie99, may I ask, do you REALLY think this "Claire" is a REAL woman in REAL life? :p

of course, Claire is a real woman in real life, who in their right mind would pretend to be woman in their unreal life

If this "Claire" were a real woman in real life, I would dedicate this song (from the 1970s) to her:

Long, you are pretty humorous in your response. Cool guy, I like:smile:

Takashi, I just listened to the song. Nice song. Never knew it existed. Surprising that none of those guys who went after me previously in my life send me this song. Thank you :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like the fact that you handle it well. Indeed, my kind of lady... you exude class. :smile:

Thank you kulgai. I am not in my teeny years nor am I in my twenties who get easily offended by such taunts. I am already in my near mid 30s, and some might even say, "left behind on the shelves". So really no worries :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nabei u all tee ko pek 1by1 sian char bor.
I know lah there is a 50 50 chance that claire is a real char bor so u all suddenly become so polite.:rolleyes:
Claire joined 1day only accumulated 200+ points who are all the tee ko pek ?

Chootchiew, it is perfectly normal for men to have flirting instincts. If a man doesn't, I worry that he might be a gay, though I seriously have nothing against them choosing to be gay. In fact, I get along well with some of my male friends who are gay, simply because they can understand me and my thoughts better.

As for my points, I am not really sure how it works here. Charlie added me some and an unnamed stranger (lurker?) added some. :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody can beat a sinkie women. Multi lingual, multi talented, but unappreciated by many because they cannot cook and do housework and take care of the kids. Despite the new modern era, men still thinks women are slaves bound to be a home maker, not an independent individual.

Syed, I can cook very well. I just hate washing the dishes. I can be a home maker if the situation requires. Please do not look down on Singaporean women in general. Singapore society has changed over the years. I look at some of my girlfriends who are married. They do juggle their role as an employee and home maker very well with the help of either their parents or their maids.

Cost of living is high in Singapore, so let's not underestimate the need for women to go to work. Girls like myself and my friends gone through the education system as well. So it is only right that we also contribute to total household income.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I am not sure if the men that I have previously dated wanted me to cook. If they do, they certainly did not convey such desires :smile:

Am pretty sure you'll get a beeline now if you'd offer to cook for us :smile::smile::smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am pretty sure you'll get a beeline now if you'd offer to cook for us :smile::smile::smile:

I am sure you are overrating the need for a man to have a woman who knows how to cook. Singapore is unlike London. All you need to do is to get out of your home, there is always a kopishop or a nearby hawker centre, if not a restaurant.

Having said that, I pick up my cooking skills from my mother and grandmother (when she was still around). So, cooking has never been a problem for me. Washing dishes is a problem, I must admit. :(

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi Over, there is no need to be depressed about GE. Life goes on, and I am glad you are feeling better. :smile:

Thank you very much, Claire. Yes, life goes on, and I believe that in the words of MLK, "we will overcome someday".

Have a good day, Claire!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Nabei u all tee ko pek 1by1 sian char bor.
Claire joined 1day only accumulated 200+ points who are all the tee ko pek ?

All newbies now start with 200 points.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you kulgai. I am not in my teeny years nor am I in my twenties who get easily offended by such taunts. I am already in my near mid 30s, and some might even say, "left behind on the shelves". So really no worries :smile:

Term yourself left behind on the shelves is just a consolation to yourself.

In truth, your COE has expired and cannot be renewed. So the scrap yard, you go.

It's afterall, your own doing. Don't blame the males or the society! Hahahahahaha

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Term yourself left behind on the shelves is just a consolation to yourself.

In truth, your COE has expired and cannot be renewed. So the scrap yard, you go.

It's afterall, your own doing. Don't blame the males or the society! Hahahahahaha

Pardon me. I have not in anyway nor in any of my posts (as far as I can recall) insinuated that I blame men.

I am happy about who I am, what I am and what I do. Just like men who prefer to do it their way, I believe I can do it my way as well. So, please do not extrapolate your arguments to suit your necessity to generalise incessantly that Singapore women are "all the same kind". :smile: