• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know about Boyz town. It is nearby the Penthouse hotel.

The gay area I was referring to is near Tukom. The area is known as Sunee. There are many gay oriented services like massage with male masseus, hotels, gay bars, ..etc

It's really not my cup of tea but when I visited Tukom I took a walk around the area for a quick look.

I remembered Pattaya having Gays only hotels.
Back then without the internet a Friend booked into one aptly named cockpit hotel thinking it was related to the Sg one....
He was propositioned whenever he left the hotel room. He realised only much later

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back then without the internet a Friend booked into one aptly named cockpit hotel thinking it was related to the Sg one....
He was propositioned whenever he left the hotel room. He realised only much later
The last few years quite big change in the gay scene. The action have shifted to Jomtien Complex where there is a mixture of regular lady bars (facing main road) and gay bars(not facing main roads). 200 metres down the road is the famous Dong Tan gay beach. Actually this beach is very popular with wealthy Russkie and scandinavian families too.

(Do take note Gay bars are different from Boys Bar. Gay bars main customer are men. Boys Bar main customer are women. Many gay angmoh mistakenly think boys bar are gay bars)

The Katoeys ladyboys do not dare to step into the gay territory. So there are not alot of katoey related crimes in Dong Tan beach.

Rabbit resort is located further down on this beach.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seem to be a typical Sporean. Did you vote for the PAP?
The majority of PAP supporters have a limited view of the world.

In Thailand you'll find plenty of different things going on e.g. girls, ladyboys, gays, girls looking for girls, girls looking to hire guys,....

I'm no expert but I do keep my eyes open & try not to judge others who are just looking for Sanuk.
I never think so much. I just ask you if you are gay. Just a yes or no will suffice.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
71033143-847E-4942-8F3E-715DBA11C960.jpeg
20324318-7C33-465B-AA8C-3007D5F00DC7.jpeg
F7187A42-03D2-4724-B0CC-F22E6F72A519.jpeg
0724D019-6A08-4925-8A7E-FC7965466523.jpeg
1 kg prawns from market outside Hua Hin for only thb260 (under $11). Feeds 5.5 pax with wun sen kung (tanghoon) and tom yam kung. Kick ass issan sauce.

Small girl pounded chili

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That happens when I am in Bkk because the hotel is close to Nana Plaza :smile:

Regarding the Cockpit hotel inSpore.
I heard that they wanted to renovate the place but faced restrictions because part of it faced the Istana & would have posed a security problem for the Istana.

I also read that this hotel is haunted :smile:

Same thing happened to the residences along Cavenagh Road. The side facing the Istana was blocked for security reasons.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
8ED73312-8329-4F5E-8455-996EDDE7AB30.jpeg
D49C83DA-85BC-45D8-84CE-26DD68F30ADA.jpeg
3D97E846-920B-4831-8AD4-518F9C8E5AC5.jpeg
71AF399F-5B19-42BD-AE82-CE470811E254.jpeg
14A4F896-8F34-42B8-9862-7FB946A99669.jpeg
E468B138-1D18-4EA0-8041-487EF3275D21.jpeg
A75D66F6-3F03-4A57-AC23-94EF8BB1C9AE.jpeg
Some waterfall weekend market, charming place near Kaeng Krachan (national park). Sweet potato, eggs cooked over hot stone (20bt for 4)

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A oversea friend wechat me regarding fake rice in thailand aka plastic rice. Told her no worries as the cost of producing fake rice will probably be more expensive than real rice.

Also siam kias grow up with rice. Far far can smell fake rice liaoz. Hard to sell fake rice here. So no worries.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
halal chicken curry kuay tiow (kuay tiow gaeng gari gai)

Free vegetables to go with the curry noodle.

ร้านก๋วยเตี๋ยวไก่พ่อศรีเรือน พัทยา ตลาดกลางรัตนากร เทพประสิทธิ์
ถนน เทพ ประสิทธิ์ หน้า ตลาด รัตนากร เทพ ประสิทธิ์ บางละมุง, Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150
089 783 2886
https://goo.gl/maps/xVeAJURDYQk

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
31st dec 2560 - 2 jan 2561 public holidays. all government office and school closed.

for pattaya, all banks closed except those in
1. central festival
2. central marina
3. big c central and south
4. tesco lotus north and south

Bro, how long is the year end holidays for banks and government offices this time round ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Finally, the correct timing for perfect half boiled egg. Timing adjust from 6 mins to 8 mins to compensate for cooler weather.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally, the correct timing for perfect half boiled egg. Timing adjust from 6 mins to 8 mins to compensate for cooler weather.

You are in Thailand. You want correct timing you need to invest in a Richard Mille or Grand Seiko.

Last edited: