• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got a job from a client to look for good location for his new office. Anyone interested in office locations can contact me too. Eat sleep drink and go jalan jalan is my full time job.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
8E3F08E4-2250-4350-8D2A-62601682F662.jpeg
4C5A69BA-A1EB-4E89-9AC5-69C92F386449.jpeg
Home cooked beehoon with sausage and some pork. They call it pad see you (always thought it referred to kuay Teow).

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup. “Pad see you” can be either Thick Kuay Tiow (sen Yai) or Bee Hoon (sen mee khao or just sen mee)

“See you” actually means soya sauce. So “pad see you” is actually fried kuay tiow or bee hoon with soya sauce. But if never specify the noodle type, sen yai aka kuay tiow is the default.

View attachment 35844 View attachment 35845 Home cooked beehoon with sausage and some pork. They call it pad see you (always thought it referred to kuay Teow).

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next door neighbors asks want to pool money buy a electric steam boat and bbq stove for new year celebration at my apartment. Each will come up with 1000 baht for the stove, seafood and drinks. Not so sure na cos I suggest go eat at mookata and bring our own drinks better. No need to clean up.

Anyway check price first. 2 models to consider.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dinner at rompho market

Pad Hoi Maeng Poon (stir fried mussels)

Suki Talay Haeng (Seafood in Suki sauce)

Edit: add google map

Rompho Market and Thai Food Stands
Rompho, Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150, Thailand

https://goo.gl/maps/oa1gEU2UJJN2

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got a job from a client to look for good location for his new office. Anyone interested in office locations can contact me too. Eat sleep drink and go jalan jalan is my full time job.

all these overhead cables are very unsightly and messy. time for los to do something about it.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup. This has became a national issue after the comments by Bill Gates not too long ago.. Its quite high priority on the government list. Everyone here is fed up with power outage, internet outage and fires caused by these cables. And also lots of problems when vehicles exceeding height limits hit these cables.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/advanced/1023633/its-official-overhead

The city management have hotline for reporting of dangerous or hazardous cables. Some actual recent photos of these taken by myself in Pattaya.

and also cause traffic disruptions when cable guys are repair the cables.

all these overhead cables are very unsightly and messy. time for los to do something about it.
a

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup. This has became a national issue after the comments by Bill Gates not too long ago.. Its quite high priority on the government list. Everyone here is fed up with power outage, internet outage and fires caused by these cables. And also lots of problems when vehicles exceeding height limits hit these cables.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/advanced/1023633/its-official-overhead

The city management have hotline for reporting of dangerous or hazardous cables. Some actual recent photos of these taken by myself in Pattaya.

and also cause traffic disruptions when cable guys are repair the cables.

in terms of messy overhead cables, india takes the cake. anyone can suka suka connect to electric cables and tap the grid for illegal power. it's so bad they block the sun during day time. cuntries like these are kicking the can down the road. it requires total destruction like in a war to start over on a clean slate. otherwise, they keep talking about it, promising change but no one dares to take any action.
pb-090614-powerlines-9a.photoblog900.jpg

i+--+Wires+2.jpg

dangerous+power+lines.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Temperature today

Wind so strong that the clothes drying rack almost blown off the balcony. Have to secure with a rope.

Sunny and windy morning.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lazy to venture out this morning or rather too windy for me.

Luckily 7-11 come to the rescue. Bought Joke Moo (Pork porridge) from 7-11 last night and refrigerate it.

Morning just reheat it. Taste Aroi. “Ezygo” is a 7-11 brand of precooked food sold in 7-11 Thailand. Me not a fan of precooked but when laziness and cold weather come, no choice.