• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's now done it!

53ff30c3de3978b584f8920e421b57b6.jpg

Toon completes epic journey
Breaking News December 25, 2017 19:27

By The Nation

Rock star Artiwara “Toon” Kongmalai of the band Bodyslam reached the finish line of his 55-day charity run at 6.20pm on Monday.

Thousands of people were waiting for the arrival at the Mae Sai border point in Chiang Rai province of the man who has been elevated to national hero status for spearheading a charity project to raise funds for 11 state hospitals.

4b21956822fedc2d139f47551dc45e5b.jpeg

He duly completed his mission to run from the southernmost part of Thailand to the northernmost part of the country.

His charity run began on November 1 and concluded on Monday. He raised more than Bt1.1 billion along the way.

d59d9922c26edcd2c4436bd4aa4faf62.jpeg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's now done it!

View attachment 36368

Toon completes epic journey
Breaking News December 25, 2017 19:27

By The Nation

Rock star Artiwara “Toon” Kongmalai of the band Bodyslam reached the finish line of his 55-day charity run at 6.20pm on Monday.

Thousands of people were waiting for the arrival at the Mae Sai border point in Chiang Rai province of the man who has been elevated to national hero status for spearheading a charity project to raise funds for 11 state hospitals.

4b21956822fedc2d139f47551dc45e5b.jpeg

He duly completed his mission to run from the southernmost part of Thailand to the northernmost part of the country.

His charity run began on November 1 and concluded on Monday. He raised more than Bt1.1 billion along the way.

d59d9922c26edcd2c4436bd4aa4faf62.jpeg

Very high rating now. Social media even have people suggest he join politics.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
c1_1385530_620x413.jpg

After striking southern Vietnam, Tembin has weakened due to wind shear, and will likely be a Tropical Storm (wind speeds of 63-119kph) when it hits Thailand around noon on Wednesday.

Tembin sparks storm alert
After wreaking havoc in the Philippines, Typhoon Tembin will weaken to a tropical storm or depression by the time it reaches Thailand, according to the Thai Meteorological Department (TMD).

The typhoon, at one time packing winds of more than 120 kilometres per hour, was expected to be downgraded to the status of tropical storm (wind speeds of 63-119 kilometres per hour) before the early effects reach Thailand on Tuesday.

The Meteorological Department forecasts "heavy rain in some places over the south in Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon and Surat Thani".

But no weather warnings or storm watches have been issued in Thailand, apart from the standard caution by the Meteorological Department for small boats to remain ashore until waves subside.

Wanchai Sakudomchai, director-general of the department, on Monday warned of heavy rain in Chumphon, Prachuap Khiri Khan and Surat Thani provinces.

2593042.jpg

That is in contrast to Vietnam, where Tembin made landfall on the southern coast late Monday. As of Monday night, authorities had evacuated "several hundred thousand people" in the country from along the coast in the southernmost provinces.

But as far north as Vung Tau city, thousands of Vietnamese fishing boats halted their months-long fishing trips to return to shore.

Earlier, Tembin killed at least 230 Filipinos in the Mindanao area of the southern Philippines. Among the hardest-hit places was the Zamboanga Peninsula where 69 people died and 44 others remained missing as of Monday night, a police spokesman said.

The weather system is expected to move down over the Gulf of Thailand and across the southern region late Tuesday and Wednesday.

Residents in the South have been warned to brace for heavy rainfall, as have those living in coastal provinces along the Gulf of Thailand, particularly Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon and Surat Thani, according to the TMD.

In three days, the mid-South is expected to be hit with more than 40mm of rain before the storm wanes on Saturday.

Small boats are advised not to put to sea while larger vessels should take precautions. Authorities have also warned coastal communities that waves could reach 2-4 metres high, with strong winds.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
southern curry rice.

Pork rib curry and fried bean sprout with tao gua.

Still good looking at her age. Must be a top beauty in her younger days.

Me dont any how eat khao gaeng (curry rice). Very very selective when it comes to khao gaeng. This is one of the few shops I makan.

Picture taken around 7:30 am local time.

Nice cool weather.

Dropped Pin
near Na Kluea, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri
https://goo.gl/maps/9SE5F2sQavJ2

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After 2 weeks in Japan really sianz with Japanese food and very miss my fav Italian restaurant, so had Christmas dinner at Peppe's last night

Cheeses
xw9dKn2.jpg

As usual this is one of the best rocket salad I've had because of his fantastic balsamic sauce
wg90ujF.jpg

Portobello with lots of garlic
TtSM04Q.jpg

Amarone, had 3 bottles for the dinner
pCx4wS3.jpg

Amazing baccala cod, well done Chef Peppe!
ac50b20.jpg

Aged wagyu ribeye
6ixbqcK.jpg

Beautifully marbled
tHwXrZf.jpg

My favourite meat
tO6HJaH.jpg

Merry Christmas to all of you - Penettone is a traditional Italian sweet cake for Christmas
0vVkygN.jpg

I wish to mention a little about the baccala cod fish. First of all this is not a fresh cod. Cod is caught in the Atlantic ocean, deboned and then hang dried after salted. After dry it is preserved with more salt and looks like this

IMG_2558-2.jpg

(goggled this photo)

Was told that since in the old days they do not have refrigeration this is how they preserve the fish to be eaten later like a few months later. This is a traditional food especially for Portuguese and many areas in teh Mediterranean like Italy.

To prepare for this for cooking, it has to be soaked in water for a few days changing water 2-3 times a day depending on the size of the fish being soaked.

The fish can be cooked in many different ways like tomato sauce (as above) and also use for many dishes like salad. Can also be deep fried.

This my first time having this fish my verdict is this is an amazing fish, it has a strong fishy taste and the texture is somewhat like chicken. Love it. Will get Peppe to cook in different way the next time. Go try this fish if you have a chance.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After 2 weeks in Japan really sianz with Japanese food and very miss my fav Italian restaurant, so had Christmas dinner at Peppe's last night

Cheeses
xw9dKn2.jpg

As usual this is one of the best rocket salad I've had because of his fantastic balsamic sauce
wg90ujF.jpg

Portobello with lots of garlic
TtSM04Q.jpg

Amarone, had 3 bottles for the dinner
pCx4wS3.jpg

Amazing baccala cod, well done Chef Peppe!
ac50b20.jpg

Aged wagyu ribeye
6ixbqcK.jpg

Beautifully marbled
tHwXrZf.jpg

My favourite meat
tO6HJaH.jpg

Merry Christmas to all of you - Penettone is a traditional Italian sweet cake for Christmas
0vVkygN.jpg

I wish to mention a little about the baccala cod fish. First of all this is not a fresh cod. Cod is caught in the Atlantic ocean, deboned and then hang dried after salted. After dry it is preserved with more salt and looks like this

View attachment 36450
(goggled this photo)

Was told that since in the old days they do not have refrigeration this is how they preserve the fish to be eaten later like a few months later. This is a traditional food especially for Portuguese and many areas in teh Mediterranean like Italy.

To prepare for this for cooking, it has to be soaked in water for a few days changing water 2-3 times a day depending on the size of the fish being soaked.

The fish can be cooked in many different ways like tomato sauce (as above) and also use for many dishes like salad. Can also be deep fried.

This my first time having this fish my verdict is this is an amazing fish, it has a strong fishy taste and the texture is somewhat like chicken. Love it. Will get Peppe to cook in different way the next time. Go try this fish if you have a chance.
The italy giam hee look good.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
26 dec to 2 jan is declared as the dangerous 7 days each year due to the highest number of traffic accidents during this period.

The national mata gave warning liaoz and offenders will be severely punished.

At Pattaya, the local Mata chief also have a small ceremony to warn traffic offenders especially drink driving and helmets.

Dont pray pray else later you pay pay

btw dont worry. All mata in pattaya england very good one.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's pretty far from where I live. Almost at the other end of third road.
Bobian. Good food can be found in Naklua/Pattaya North and Third road.

Sukumvit Road at night is a food paradise for street food lovers like me. Most of the Khao Tom Kui (teochew porridge zhi char stalls) quite good.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More cool days ahead due to storm "Tembin". Cool spell to last until 28 th or 29 th december or possibly over new year.

The north and northeast quite common during this time of the year but very rare to see Pattaya people wearing cold weather clothings.