• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It’s 11.15pm Wednesday evening just left the airport for home now facing big jam on highway towards the city

C5692519-0F3B-487C-A485-C880D9E55394.jpeg

Should not jam at this time in this direction but we all know people are going home for Songkrang holidays.

Songkrang day is 13th of April each year however most businesses close starting on 12th meaning today the 11th is their last day.

This stretch of highway towards the city is jam cos it connects to the Bangkok Outer Ring Road about which entrance is about 6km from airport exit. After the entrance to the Outer Ring Road traffic towards the city is smooth.

Unfortunately for me I have to use the Outer Ring Road to go home. So now why is it jam well for people who live in Southern Thailand they’ll turn left into the Outer Ring Road and people going home to the north and northeast of Thailand will turn right. So this is a major major link.

Too bad for me my usual 25 mins ride home will take an hour today if I’m lucky.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
It’s 11.15pm Wednesday evening just left the airport for home now facing big jam on highway towards the city

View attachment 41138

Should not jam at this time in this direction but we all know people are going home for Songkrang holidays.

Songkrang day is 13th of April each year however most businesses close starting on 12th meaning today the 11th is their last day.

This stretch of highway towards the city is jam cos it connects to the Bangkok Outer Ring Road about which entrance is about 6km from airport exit. After the entrance to the Outer Ring Road traffic towards the city is smooth.

Unfortunately for me I have to use the Outer Ring Road to go home. So now why is it jam well for people who live in Southern Thailand they’ll turn left into the Outer Ring Road and people going home to the north and northeast of Thailand will turn right. So this is a major major link.

Too bad for me my usual 25 mins ride home will take an hour today if I’m lucky.
We will keep you entertained, don't worry.:biggrin::cool:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Back to reality. No more Japanese breakfast.

My 40baht roadside breakfast

IMG_20180412_080537.jpg

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro @ Patts, know anything about The Rotary Club in Pattaya or Chonburi ?

Got one Pooyai chio me join Rotary Club. Similan lai eh? :eek::oops::rolleyes:

Can earn money or must donate money one ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro @ Patts, know anything about The Rotary Club in Pattaya or Chonburi ?

Got one Pooyai chio me join Rotary Club. Similan lai eh? :eek::oops::rolleyes:

Can earn money or must donate money one ?
There are a few independent Rotary Clubs in Pattaya/Chonburi/Rayong. Its a Non for Profit club for businessmen or professionals to participate in “high profile” charity related activities.

Dont think can make money unless you make new business dealings through the new contacts from the clubs. Joining such clubs mainly for networking and spying on competitors.

The other quite famous one in Pattaya is Lions club (not sinkie football team). Usually they like to organise some high profile charity activitiea and invite all the big shots as VVIP.

No harm attending if nothing to do.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
These clubs are for people to come in and show off that they are doing charity. People already have money liao next is fame and then power.

One is expected to give when you join. Of course the return will come later in form of chuay "help" when you needed it.

Should one attend? I'd say depending la. If one is genueinly seeking to give to charity one do not need such high profile type. But of course if simesom did not come in here to read and go attend then could be very awkward when suddenly asked to give and not give voluntarily.

Thais society and culture is very much patronage based. So there's heirachy to deal with.

Lions club is international by the way. Almost every city in the world will have rotary clubs and they are independent from each other just affiliation.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These clubs are for people to come in and show off that they are doing charity. People already have money liao next is fame and then power.

One is expected to give when you join. Of course the return will come later in form of chuay "help" when you needed it.

Should one attend? I'd say depending la. If one is genueinly seeking to give to charity one do not need such high profile type. But of course if simesom did not come in here to read and go attend then could be very awkward when suddenly asked to give and not give voluntarily.

Thais society and culture is very much patronage based. So there's heirachy to deal with.

Lions club is international by the way. Almost every city in the world will have rotary clubs and they are independent from each other just affiliation.
Don't disagree. It's all part of the Thai social makeup, BIG face and profile thingy (patronage/hierarchy as froggy puts it). Not to put it down, also biz lobangs under the guise of volunteer or charity work. And the young Rotarians or Lions are outsourced free labour.

Sinkieland not insulated too, comes in the form of RCs etc (John Tan shd know this well):cool:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

P’Gob double confirm is members of multiple Therapy Clubs.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Carnage starts:(
View attachment 41177

View attachment 41179

Small wonder, annual par for the course :confused:
Songkran kicks off with 2,700 charges of drunk driving
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30343049

Yup. This year will be expecting some “kill chicken scare monkey” probably due to pressure from the top.

Many of the road blocks not mend solely by mata alone. Have other dept and ministries involved also. So do not expect to get away easily if fail blow test. (call “pao ae kor horn”).

Since there are 24 hour Song Taew service between Jomtien and Pattaya, I just ride motorsai and park outside my friend pub in jomtien and take the 10 baht song taew to Pattaya.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mini Songkran celebration with friends at Pattaya South. Some of you might recognise this place. Ever mentioned in this thread. My job is to eat and take photos.

Edit: give tips. That open air shop lor, the signboard got a fish logo one lor. 555 no mozzies yet. only have 2 adult size mozzies.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mini Songkran celebration with friends at Pattaya South. Some of you might recognise this place. Ever mentioned in this thread. My job is to eat and take photos.

Edit: give tips. That open air shop lor, the signboard got a fish logo one lor. 555 no mozzies yet. only have 2 adult size mozzies.
It's the one where my AMDK neighbor brought me to - FRIEND.

I cannot eat and sweat at the same time. Some more got to chase away mozzies.. Give me Oishi any time.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After enduring 2 hours of adult size mozzies, time for me to relax 1 corner at rompho market. This is the cocktail van at rompho market. No price for guessing what the drink is?

Waiting for the 2 adult size mozzies to go back apartment make up (think another 2 hours).

Honestly, I trying to siam heavy drinking tonight cos know no form tonight.

Quite mao lia liaoz. Just now 2 xb changs and 1 x blue hawaii. Now 2 x long island.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's the one where my AMDK neighbor brought me to - FRIEND.

I cannot eat and sweat at the same time. Some more got to chase away mozzies.. Give me Oishi any time.
Bobian. Friends prefer this type of outdoor style. Me also prefer open air style lah, More casual and sabai sabai. So far, quite windy, so no mozzie problems. More irritated with adult size mozzies which ‘yak yak yak’ non stop for 2 hours.