• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Like anywhere in the world in Bangkok most Indian restaurants serve northern while southern Indian restaurants are mostly vegetarian food. So for me one day when I found Tamil Naidu a non-vegetarian Southern Indian restaurant I hit the jackpot.

Tamil Naidu is situated in Silom Soi 11 (a very narrow soi). Went there for dinner tonight.

Front of the restaurant
IMG_20180412_195626.jpg

Mutton biryani - inside the rice are chunks of mutton, simply melts in the mouth
IMG_20180412_200254.jpg

Thosai
IMG_20180412_200331.jpg

More muttun masala
IMG_20180412_200335.jpg

The spread
IMG_20180412_200348.jpg

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Official big one and only in pattaya is on 19 apr. Those unofficial small ones at soi 7 and soi 8 really annoying. You have to be here on 19 to see the differences.
Last time when I was still in Bangkok, the first day of Songkran I already kanna. Backside itchy went to Pratunam shopping. Kanna jialat jialat.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like anywhere in the world in Bangkok most Indian restaurants serve northern while southern Indian restaurants are mostly vegetarian food. So for me one day when I found Tamil Naidu a non-vegetarian Southern Indian restaurant I hit the jackpot.

Tamil Naidu is situated in Silom Soi 11 (a very narrow soi). Went there for dinner tonight.

Front of the restaurant
View attachment 41191

Mutton biryani - inside the rice are chunks of mutton, simply melts in the mouth
View attachment 41192

Thosai
View attachment 41193

More muttun masala
View attachment 41194

The spread
View attachment 41195
You gaokwan shitskin outlet ah ? :eek::oops:

Never come support Mata Hari in Thappraya. Nabeh, the restaurant toe liaoz !

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
For one’s language to be displayed as part of official signage in another country you know you had arrived.

Yes Thais are now VIP visitors in Japan

In Shinkansen station
577B7658-212F-40F2-A9EC-220108124206.jpeg

914DF39B-35C7-4C26-BDFD-8E8DAD2C1821.jpeg

77006396-D095-4B3A-A343-1105C0BEF308.jpeg

AEB9BAB3-61AD-4DC6-AFA6-2083C266B990.jpeg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You gaokwan shitskin outlet ah ? :eek::oops:

Never come support Mata Hari in Thappraya. Nabeh, the restaurant toe liaoz !
Yup. Mata hari was an icon for decadea. The next door to mata hari, call Manhattan steak house also toe (zhap lap)liaoz.think quite some time liaoz. This manhattan steak house quite a legend also. Sibeh sak kee one.

Now the remaining ang moh food in that area that consider eatable is Pan Pan.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Mata hari was an icon for decadea. The next door to mata hari, call Manhattan steak house also toe (zhap lap)liaoz.think quite some time liaoz. This manhattan steak house quite a legend also. Sibeh sak kee one.

You forgot Café des Amis and Wooden Box.

btw, the row of shop houses opposite Mata Hari you think got potential or not?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No chance or very difficult. Its an awkward location. Not 3 and not 4. Further down after Court house and Royal Hill, got some chance for high end dinning. Chateau Dale resort that area, Frasers, shitskin by nature, Brunos and News. As long as after Royal Hill got chance. Before the junction, that area machiam blind spot, pass by everyday but not much impression.

For some unknown reasons, that stretch of road after the flyover from third road to the juntion of Thappraya and Pratamnak seems not very good for business although it is a quite busy road and a main road also. Seen so many business come and go in this stretch of road in the last 10 years. Think something to do with hong zhui fengshui.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Oh you guys talking about Pattaya I really have no idea Pattaya scene except that few joints I patronize when I come over.

Pan Pan I’d say is a very average Italian restaurant to me the food and services both very average but have to admit a very successful one in Pattaya. There are many other more authentic Italians around which I posted here before.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Café des Amis Is French and I’d have to admit a pretty good one there. Food is 7/10, service is 8/10. It’s is hiso establishment of course and here lies the problem where they tried too hard to be hiso till it’s a little pretentious. Could go back again though.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last night dinner, have a grandma going around selling songkran stuffs like water gun, hawaii color shirt and anti water case for handphone. Na Song Sarn cos carrying lots of stuff going from table to table, shop to shop. So bought 3 antiwater cases.

Now its time to go find breakfast. Kns, Long island and elephant and hong tong cannot mix. sure hang over one.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
No chance or very difficult. Its an awkward location. Not 3 and not 4. Further down after Court house and Royal Hill, got some chance for high end dinning. Chateau Dale resort that area, Frasers, shitskin by nature, Brunos and News. As long as after Royal Hill got chance. Before the junction, that area machiam blind spot, pass by everyday but not much impression.

For some unknown reasons, that stretch of road after the flyover from third road to the juntion of Thappraya and Pratamnak seems not very good for business although it is a quite busy road and a main road also. Seen so many business come and go in this stretch of road in the last 10 years. Think something to do with hong zhui fengshui.
But I love this stretch of road. I raised the same issue to a hotel owner in the Soi and he said the issue was parking. But my personal experience tells me it's the stairs. The shop houses are built on a slope and to reach the shop you need to climb a few steps of stairs. The Fengshui issue is there is now a distance between the shop and the people who walk past as both are NOT on the same level. I paid my "school fees" the last time to learn this painful lesson.

The main hotels - the big ones - are Naris Art, Hotel Zing and Rita Resort are not attracting enough Chinese tourists. The only hotel in that area with the most number of Chinese tourists is the one inside Pratumnak - Aiyara Grand. Naris Art has a regular flow of Hongkies, but Hongkies are a small group. Zing is basically shitskin enclave, and Rita priced their rooms too high.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But I love this stretch of road. I raised the same issue to a hotel owner in the Soi and he said the issue was parking. But my personal experience tells me it's the stairs. The shop houses are built on a slope and to reach the shop you need to climb a few steps of stairs. The Fengshui issue is there is now a distance between the shop and the people who walk past as both are NOT on the same level. I paid my "school fees" the last time to learn this painful lesson.

The main hotels - the big ones - are Naris Art, Hotel Zing and Rita Resort are not attracting enough Chinese tourists. The only hotel in that area with the most number of Chinese tourists is the one inside Pratumnak - Aiyara Grand. Naris Art has a regular flow of Hongkies, but Hongkies are a small group. Zing is basically shitskin enclave, and Rita priced their rooms too high.
This stretch of rest road is “plaek plaek” or “strange strange”. Despite using this road almost everyday, I never feel like stopping along this road. Starting from the turn at Third road, the first hotel, Garden residence all the way to the Thappraya/pratamnak junction, which bobian have to stop because of the traffic light.

I suspect something to do with the slope. Location wise, its really good. Few months ago, was entrusted to look for a shop house around that area. After surveying the place for sometime, friend gave up the idea. Talking about cina tourists, I believe now the biggest cina tour group in that area is Asia Pattaya hotel right at the end of Pratamnak Soi 4. This Pratamnak soi 4, although far from main road has quite good potential for high end dinning.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
This stretch of rest road is “plaek plaek” or “strange strange”. Despite using this road almost everyday, I never feel like stopping along this road. Starting from the turn at Third road, the first hotel, Garden residence all the way to the Thappraya/pratamnak junction, which bobian have to stop because of the traffic light.

I suspect something to do with the slope. Location wise, its really good. Few months ago, was entrusted to look for a shop house around that area. After surveying the place for sometime, friend gave up the idea. Talking about cina tourists, I believe now the biggest cina tour group in that area is Asia Pattaya hotel right at the end of Pratamnak Soi 4. This Pratamnak soi 4, although far from main road has quite good potential for high end dinning.
I understand apartments @ Pratumnak command a higher price. What about the rental of shops ? The Chinese tourists who stay inside Pratumnak are always at a loss at night looking for a place nearby to shop. Those who travel in group need to check out the next morning and if the coach does not take them to the shopping arcades they wouldn't know how to catch a baht bus.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I understand apartments @ Pratumnak command a higher price. What about the rental of shops ?
Quite ex or unreasonably ex. The unit i found for my friend at Chateau Dale is 60k/mth and upfront 800k key money.

can see pattaya park tower from behind.

Very nice 3 storey double unit shophouse(double unit call song kuhaa)

Next door is beauty clinic

The shop can be accessed from both Sois and both sois have lots of parking space. This building is unique cos it has both fronts. Means either the front or end or both can become the front of the shop. Good for F&B in my opinion.

Anyway, friend take my other proposal which is further down after Theprasit/Thapraya junction. Paiseh, that one cannot post pics liaoz.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite ex or unreasonably ex. The unit i found for my friend at Chateau Dale is 60k/mth and upfront 800k key money.

can see pattaya park tower from behind.

Very nice 3 storey double unit shophouse(double unit call song kuhaa)

Next door is beauty clinic

The shop can be accessed from both Sois and both sois have lots of parking space. This building is unique cos it has both fronts. Means either the front or end or both can become the front of the shop. Good for F&B in my opinion.

Anyway, friend take my other proposal which is further down after Theprasit/Thapraya junction. Paiseh, that one cannot post pics liaoz.
I know the one further down a bakery cafe moved out not long ago. And the eating place opposite also closed down.