• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Chinese tourists who stay inside Pratumnak are always at a loss at night looking for a place nearby to shop. Those who travel in group need to check out the next morning and if the coach does not take them to the shopping arcades they wouldn't know how to catch a baht bus.
Thats why last 2 years, lots of seafood and bbq eateries and souvenir shops opened just to cater to ah tiongs. Even the small soi I staying also have 1 souvenir shop.
Wanted to do this business but due to my physical disabilites, bobian. Only can pcc and see other people make money. Easy money. Once I raise enough funds, will probably start this souvenirs and bbq seafood business for tiongs.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another candidate for my friend shop but friend also turn down this one. This one is even bigger. Its 3 units or “Sam KuHaa” shophouse. Formely a harley Davidson showroom.
its actually 3 storeys. The first floor have very tall celings, almost can become 2 stories liaoz.

Next door is mermaid diving.

where this photograph is taken is exactly where the famous hanuman statue is.

The mainroad.

Actually Lindas not bad.

While working for my friend, also find smaller shop for my own. Was considering this for my future internet cafe shop.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ecc21f4f0af321840e019ab34b20cae5.jpg

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another candidate for my friend shop but friend also turn down this one. This one is even bigger. Its 3 units or “Sam KuHaa” shophouse. Formely a harley Davidson showroom.
its actually 3 storeys. The first floor have very tall celings, almost can become 2 stories liaoz.

Next door is mermaid diving.

where this photograph is taken is exactly where the famous hanuman statue is.

The mainroad.

Actually Lindas not bad.

While working for my friend, also find smaller shop for my own. Was considering this for my future internet cafe shop.
The small internet cafe how much per month?

donkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy Songkran to Everyone. Drive Safely Everyone. Chuneee or Montong?
0971E318-892E-4CE7-BA38-2C4E9BAF755F.jpeg
700526E1-2646-49B8-9FD1-952DBD4D0C57.jpeg
D0192D6B-0934-41B9-ADE9-BFB1C2116FD7.jpeg

Chuneee & Montong

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The small internet cafe how much per month?
Ok, this particular unit I cannot remember the exact amount as I look for many units there and all around 15k to 20k) range. If I remember correctly, its 18k per month for these 3 floor unit but no key money (pae jia).

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, this particular unit I cannot remember the exact amount as I look for many units there and all around 15k to 20k) range. If I remember correctly, its 18k per month for these 3 floor unit but no key money (pae jia).
You mean the unit has 3 floors ? So 15k for all 3 floors ?

I am more keen on the shop houses outside "Treetops Condominium" where ACQUA PAZZA is located. Not sure if it's cheaper or more expensive. Like you said, the place is plaek plaek, so how can charge more expensive?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean the unit has 3 floors ? So 15k for all 3 floors ?

I am more keen on the shop houses outside "Treetops Condominium" where ACQUA PAZZA is located. Not sure if it's cheaper or more expensive. Like you said, the place is plaek plaek, so how can charge more expensive?
Cmi, dont waste effort and time. My old old advice, anything after royal hill condo can consider. Tree top cmi lah.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cmi, dont waste effort and time. My old old advice, anything after royal hill condo can consider. Tree top cmi lah.
Let's see if Acqua Pazza can tahan how long. Wooden Box also. But Wooden Box seems to be doing well, attracting noon time customers from the Provincial Court. Another law firm just opened there too.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...does CNX have their version of Patt's Walking Street ?

Walking street is a generic term. ...many "walking streets" in siam lor. The most famous pr notorious one is in Pattaya. Anywhere there is a long stretch of shops bars restauranta also can call walking streets.
Chiangmai's a different ball game from the likes of Patts, Phuket or even red lights of Bkk. Chon's right, WS is generic and can include day markets too :smile:.

So, laid back Chiangmai does not have a clone version of Patts WS. Sure there are the usual beer bars and some complex in Loy Kroh area.

But don't miss the other WS markets here (night bazaar is far too touristy). Don't have to restrict to nocturnal activities too:p

http://www.visitchiangmai.com.au/sunday_market.html

http://www.visitchiangmai.com.au/saturday_market.html

http://www.visitchiangmai.com.au/warorot_market.html

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's see if Acqua Pazza can tahan how long. Wooden Box also. But Wooden Box seems to be doing well, attracting noon time customers from the Provincial Court. Another law firm just opened there too.
My experience with some siam kia landlords is they like to set a preferred price on the rental or keymoney. Most rather let their property sit empty for libg time than to rent out at a lower price.

Where Wooden box and the french restaurant (cannot remember the name) next door are indeed very good location as me and friends were at the court last year and not much food choices inside the court. While waiting for their turns , Most siam kias waiting inside the court just walked over to makan at Royal Hill and those makeshift stalls opposite Royal Hill. If woodenbox sell common Thai food or cheap beverages, sure alot of customer one.

Parking is actually a problem during certain time of the day. On some day, so many people attend court until park outside court, on opposite road side (the soi that goes to Pattaya Park).