• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should buy the shell of a VW van, cut a big hole and convert it into bar top and put outside Central Festival or Central Marina, and start selling cocktails drinks.:wink::oops:
Believe it or not, both places mentioned used to have cocktail vans and was a customer at both joints.

Both did not last despite having quite good business due to the high rentals. Even those property companies kiosks at first and second floor already very expensive liaoz.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe it or not, both places mentioned used to have cocktail vans and was a customer at both joints.

Both did not last despite having quite good business due to the high rentals. Even those property companies kiosks at first and second floor already very expensive liaoz.
I think I still see them outside Central Festival.

post-145917-0-24655100-1430271449_thumb.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think I still see them outside Central Festival.

post-145917-0-24655100-1430271449_thumb.jpg
Yup. Thats the one. Not too expensive. One bucket of Long Island is 230 or 250. Usually 2 buckets spin liaoz as the bartender will give me gao gao one.

Passed by a few times but did not see the van. Seems that they open only during high season or weekends.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same same but not same. Froggy makan Jitpoon kia teochew porridge. Me makan siam kia teochew porridge.

Due to coming holidays and weather, batang fish beri beri expensive. This small piece cost me 160 baht. But bobian leh, cut liaoz. Can buy 2 grapong fish.

very frugal meal. my type.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..Me makan siam kia teochew porridge
That preserved vege (canned chye sim?) also happens to be my old mom's regular with muay. Not with the most nutrition, but try changing her stubborn habit :confused:

The irony in LOS, is that eating street food is more economical than cooking for self

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That preserved vege (canned chye sim?) also happens to be my old mom's regular with muay. Not with the most nutrition, but try changing her stubborn habit :confused:

The irony in LOS, is that eating street food is more economical than cooking for self
Yeah, Not nutritious at all. But feel something is missing if dont have chai sim when makan teochew porridge. The local versions come in small packs. Will buy one shot, 5 or 6 packs. Here is my final pack until my next grocery shopping.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

same in sg. only $2.20 for nasi campur. if i cook myself will cost me time, energy, fuel, oil, water, soap (total cost of at least $6.90) with extra and wasted food and garbage to clear. moreover, it adds more shit, compost, and dirty water into drainage system from all the washing of pans, pots, plates, utensils.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
same in sg. only $2.20 for nasi campur. if i cook myself will cost me time, energy, fuel, oil, water, soap (total cost of at least $6.90) with extra and wasted food and garbage to clear. moreover, it adds more shit, compost, and dirty water into drainage system from all the washing of pans, pots, plates, utensils.
Remember my DIY hae mee teng? Do one time scare liaoz. A few hundred baht and half a morning work and not possible to cook just for 1 or 2 person. Minimum 3 persons and above.

So last trip I went Sheng Siong and dabao prima prawn mee premix back. Just add noodles, beansprouts, prawns and bak kut and kang kong.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember my DIY hae mee teng? Do one time scare liaoz. A few hundred baht and half a morning work and not possible to cook just for 1 or 2 person. Minimum 3 persons and above.

So last trip I went Sheng Siong and dabao prima prawn mee premix back. Just add noodles, beansprouts, prawns and bak kut and kang kong.
yup, no point cooking from scratch and for oneself. only when 6.9 persons show up for lunch or dinner then i'll cook. in sg, if alone i'd just eat at kopitiam or hawker center. so many selections and so convenient at any time of day.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays, weather forecast cannot take too seriously. Just two days ago, reported cool spell BUT today....NOW.....machiam sahara desert. Wind also no have.

Same as the one taken days ago. This one take moments ago.

Totally no wind from the sea. Like that means in the late evening, the wind will blow from the sea. This type of late evening sea breeze very warm wind one. Means tonight must go find a place to “tao liang” cool down.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, weather forecast cannot take too seriously. Just two days ago, reported cool spell BUT today....NOW.....machiam sahara desert. Wind also no have.

Same as the one taken days ago. This one take moments ago.

Totally no wind from the sea. Like that means in the late evening, the wind will blow from the sea. This type of late evening sea breeze very warm wind one. Means tonight must go find a place to “tao liang” cool down.
I can see ACQUA and Panchalae in the second pic.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Park outside market for lunch, this auntie so small slot also want to squeeze in her honda wave. Hit my front signal light. Knn, auntie act blur some more, in the end, went to buy black tape and wrap a few rounds and just go away like this. Sia arom liaoz. Never mind luckily have sbf tonychat aka rectmobile for me to siao kian.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just walked to Rompho market and the fruit stall helper told me the honda wave auntie is a maid workingvat one of the nearby hotel and got little bit "ting tong". " Ting Tong" in siam lor word means "brain short circuit".

Actually was quite tulan just now cos just go away without saying anything. Now feel song sarn (pity) as fruit stall helper said last week also similar incident but with a "gra ba" (scratch pickup side).

So just take it as tam boon lor.