• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

a world citizen like bruce lee, i wish that is possible one day.

No patience for people who keeping wishing. you can continue zapping me all you want. but I'll declare this. chop if wrong. Whatever your skill set. Its yours and somewhere else wants it if you are not rewarded well where you are. good luck and cheers.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No patience for people who keeping wishing. you can continue zapping me all you want. but I'll declare this. chop if wrong. Whatever your skill set. Its yours and somewhere else wants it if you are not rewarded well where you are. good luck and cheers.

i do not recall zipping you for a while. What is it for?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I'm not sure about that. Even some white men from so called first world countries want to relocate and live in thailand. In any case i was curious about the double standard ram mentioned and got him to explain it.

one reason i can think of is the grass is always greener on the other side :wink: .

1) some angmo likes hot weather compare to their country which is cold

2) farang usually gets alot of attention from thais which they dont get from their own country

3) thai is cheap no doubts ...can live like a king

4) angmo like thai woman

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

one reason i can think of is the grass is always greener on the other side :wink: .

2) farang usually gets alot of attention from thais which they dont get from their own country

4) angmo like thai woman

1) is correct. Notice of all the colonies, all that became settled dominions are temperate countries, they left all the tropical countries.

4) is understatement. They'd fuck African and Indian and whatever women too.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

1) is correct. Notice of all the colonies, all that became settled dominions are temperate countries, they left all the tropical countries.

4) is understatement. They'd fuck African and Indian and whatever women too.

4 ) my mistake ..alot of angmo like dark skinned woman ...angmo find them exotic .

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

This thread has been "stuck" and has now become "A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand".

If it maintains momentum, I'll create a sub forum dedicated to this subject. If the thread dies, I'll unstick it and let it die a natural death.

Over to you.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many of these Ang Mos are on pension or on welfare. You can qualify for pension even in the 30s depending on a numbers of factors. The money goes a long way in Thailand. Companionship is also affordable and their culture allows relationship with liitle hurdles. The climate plays a major part heatlhwise as heating is not required in cold winters, it is easy on the body and the wallet.

There is also norms and practices in their own country which might be restrictive to having relationships. Women in 1st world countries are very liberal but it does not mean that they are prepared to forgo all the trappings of an affluent lifestyle.

And of course the immediate jump in status on the pecking order when you are an AngMo.

4) angmo like thai woman

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How long is the property ownership in BKK:confused: Is it 30 years.?
Should be freehold if condo is purchase directly regardless of Thai or foreigners. Do take note, there is a quota on the number of units that can be under foreigner names. For example, in a condo block of 100 units, certain number of units has to be under Thai names. It's common to see advertisement indicating Thai or foreigner ownership. If owner is foreigner, he can sell to Thai or foreigner.

It's got to do with land ownership rights, conveyancing laws and paternal lineage. A Thai man marrying a foreign woman in Thailand, their children would be considered Thai. A Thai woman marrying a foreign man in Thailand, their children would be considered foreign. No Thai lands must fall into foreign hands.

Thailand, though big and lands a-plenty, don't prostitute their lands and citizenships like Singapore do. They'd rather prostitute their women to con foreign men. :wink:
Ram, think this no longer valid. I knew of a PRC couple (both not Thai citizen) who has a child born in LOS. Their 9 year old child is a Thai citizen. Not hard to guess who will inherit their properties/biz which is under company name.

why would anyone wants to be a thai citizen ?
If there is a potential of owning very large plot of land, 100-300 rai and above, can consider Thai citizenship. Else, Sinkee passport is good enough to live in LOS as a tourist, businessman, student, retiree or runroad.

I'm not sure about that. Even some white men from so called first world countries want to relocate and live in thailand. In any case i was curious about the double standard ram mentioned and got him to explain it.
Many reasons. The benefits/pension they received back home is not enough to retire in their home country.

4) angmo like thai woman

4 ) my mistake ..alot of angmo like dark skinned woman ...angmo find them exotic .
Good thing is ang moh taste very different from other nationalities. So seldom Lang Ga with Ang Mo. Occasionally, will see a few Ang Moh with taste similar to Asians.

Other thing is LOS is no longer cheap, especially the tourist place. The currency exchange give one the false feeling of everything cheap.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Which airline will be best in terms of number of flights, fares and service to and from Bangkok? How much luggage are you able to carry? Thanks.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Some good news and bad news.

Bad news is it is difficult to find employment for foreigners in LOS. You need a work permit to work legally even if you work for free (NGO volunteer) or become monk. Those foreign monks you see in LOS carry work permit.

Good news is you don't need lots of $$$ to start biz in LOS. Afterwards, you can then apply for your own work permit under your own company. Or even better, apply for any other visa and run the biz from behind. Many farang bar owners are actually not on work permit. However, they are not allow to even go to the fridge to help himself a bottle of beer or collect cash from customers. He can only sit in his bar as a 'customer'. Got it?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Which airline will be best in terms of number of flights, fares and service to and from Bangkok? How much luggage are you able to carry? Thanks.
Number of flights, SQ and TG, follow by the budget airlines.
Fares, I go for CX (value for money). Budget airlines after adding all the additions is only slightly cheaper than CX. Recently, a friend also recommended Myanmar Air. Have not try so no comments yet.

Avoid Tiger Airways at all cost. My most recent trip was Jetstar and I pay only SGD 40 for 40KG of check-in luggage for the return trip (SIN-BKK).

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Number of flights, SQ and TG, follow by the budget airlines.
Fares, I go for CX (value for money). Budget airlines after adding all the additions is only slightly cheaper than CX. Recently, a friend also recommended Myanmar Air. Have not try so no comments yet.

Avoid Tiger Airways at all cost. My most recent trip was Jetstar and I pay only SGD 40 for 40KG of check-in luggage for the return trip (SIN-BKK).

Thanks for the reply. 40 kgs is very good. Does that include hand-carried luggage?

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

ah finally i know....i used to see many 'owners ' sitting like customers in the small bars in patpong in the 80s. They didnt do much other than sit down and be served while talking to other customers....mostly ang mos.
Learn something everyday.

Many farang bar owners are actually not on work permit. However, they are not allow to even go to the fridge to help himself a bottle of beer or collect cash from customers. He can only sit in his bar as a 'customer'. Got it?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Many of these Ang Mos are on pension or on welfare. You can qualify for pension even in the 30s depending on a numbers of factors. The money goes a long way in Thailand. Companionship is also affordable and their culture allows relationship with liitle hurdles. The climate plays a major part heatlhwise as heating is not required in cold winters, it is easy on the body and the wallet.

There is also norms and practices in their own country which might be restrictive to having relationships. Women in 1st world countries are very liberal but it does not mean that they are prepared to forgo all the trappings of an affluent lifestyle.

And of course the immediate jump in status on the pecking order when you are an AngMo.

agree ... one more thing i want to add is many angmo like thai lifestyle sabai sabai sabai ..its suits them well .

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

agree ... one more thing i want to add is many angmo like thai lifestyle sabai sabai sabai ..its suits them well .

Many ang mohs love the sun and the sea which they are unable to enjoy for most part of the year in their country.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for the reply. 40 kgs is very good. Does that include hand-carried luggage?
Hehehe. Not included. Another 10KG for hand-carried luggage. For Jetstar, I usually max out the luggage allowance (pay additional 40KG).

For SQ/TG, I do have points earned during previous employment but for personal trips, I prefer CX, Jetstar and sometimes Airasia.

ah finally i know....i used to see many 'owners ' sitting like customers in the small bars in patpong in the 80s. They didnt do much other than sit down and be served while talking to other customers....mostly ang mos.
Learn something everyday.
I have 3 internet workstations set up at the reception area of my office. Seems to be free internet service for customers or visitors. In reality, it's also for me to use when I visit the office. :wink: As of now, I am typing from one of the workstations.