• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Many ang mohs love the sun and the sea which they are unable to enjoy for most part of the year in their country.
Yes, especially the Russians and Ukrainians. Most never even see a beach before they step out of their home countries.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

yes sbf party in thailand wud be good. I sponsor the tiger show. Can you sponsor the pitbull fight?

Bro windsor can sponsor the rematch between clinton666 and the 90 yr old one -armed gay midget. 666 lost the previous fight ...kena TKO.

yes man should hold a party in thailand ...i used to stay in phuket for 2 years :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I have confidence in your too Joetys. The world is far beyond the shores of just Singapore. Lots of choices galore. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes sbf party in thailand wud be good. I sponsor the tiger show. Can you sponsor the pitbull fight?

Bro windsor can sponsor the rematch between clinton666 and the 90 yr old one -armed gay midget. 666 lost the previous fight ...kena TKO.
Party can be held at the legendary living dolls. Outside is a full boxing ring. All SB bros with any grievance can settle there. :wink:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

jolly good idea. They can settle their scores with one another. I will be doll hopping.

Party can be held at the legendary living dolls. Outside is a full boxing ring. All SB bros with any grievance can settle there. :wink:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

How long is the property ownership in BKK:confused: Is it 30 years.?

In Thailand I have still yet to see property with leasehold, meaning its freehold so far I encountered. Let me make it clear that I am talking about condominium and not landed as landed is a no no for any foreigner although there are loopholes. However even for condominium there is ristrictions like 50.1% of the units must be Thai owned and the rest can be sold to foreigners, this is not important actually and actually works to foreigner's advantage as resell value for foreigner owned properties are more valuable as it could be sold to both foreigners as well as Thais.

why can't a man become a thai citizen but a woman can?

Jah I confirm this point from Ram about wanting to get citizenship via marriage but want to add that it is possible for man but then the conditions (I have no detail) is almost impossible for man to get it. However I think through business is easier.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

why would anyone wants to be a thai citizen ? having thai passport is good enough ..unless you will to drive a tuk tuk . by the way , a thai passport isn’t going to open any more gates than what you had with your singapore passports...unless you are doing some illegal business in your country and planning to run road if something happen :wink:

I guess different people has their own reasons. For me its personal and differs from others and I am actually thinking very hard to do so. But then I have the advantage of a stable livelihood here and here for the long haul. Also wife and I had already decided that we will make Thailand our base for the rest of our lives. Plan perhaps is for me to get citizenship and wife remain Singapore citizen. Anyway its still too early. May happen in 5 yours though.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Plan perhaps is for me to get citizenship and wife remain Singapore citizen. Anyway its still too early. May happen in 5 yours though.
There is a quota for this. You need to get a residency permit first. Think you will qualify for the residency permit. After certain years, you can apply for citizenship. The only foreigner I know personally who became a Thai citizen is a French guy. One of the criteria is you must be able to speak/read/write Thai at primary school level and sing the national anthem.

Additional information, in many road blocks in upcountry, the Thai police (MIB) will ask the suspects to sing the national anthem if they are suspect of being an illegal immigrant holding Thai IDs.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Thanks for the reply. 40 kgs is very good. Does that include hand-carried luggage?

If you're with a StarAlliance gold card its 40kg for TG. I am finished with my SQ once I moved to LOS 5-6 years ago. Finished up the points in Krisflyer. Now a TG's Royal Orchid gold. I have to admit that SQ lounges are nicer.

I will sponsor all makan and unlimited Hennessy.

I have confidence in your too Joetys. The world is far beyond the shores of just Singapore. Lots of choices galore. :smile:

Thanks wuqi256, yes they world is not Singapore as what PAP wants us to believe.

Priest hor, party in Living Dolls is no probrem but donch say I no say how, no one touch my Khun Tae ok? 我不会客气的ok?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

There is a quota for this. You need to get a residency permit first. Think you will qualify for the residency permit. After certain years, you can apply for citizenship. The only foreigner I know personally who became a Thai citizen is a French guy. One of the criteria is you must be able to speak/read/write Thai at primary school level and sing the national anthem.

Additional information, in many road blocks in upcountry, the Thai police (MIB) will ask the suspects to sing the national anthem if they are suspect of being an illegal immigrant holding Thai IDs.

Ya this is what I am working towards now, for residency and I know for me its no problem only time is needed.

For all of you who don't know chonburifc is telling the truth and not joking about the singing of national anthem at road blocks. Baannook baannook.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

hey bro joe....if i learn how to sing the anthem from back to front...you think they will grant me immediate citizenship?

Or will they throw me in jail? :smile:

Ya this is what I am working towards now, for residency and I know for me its no problem only time is needed.

For all of you who don't know chonburifc is telling the truth and not joking about the singing of national anthem at road blocks. Baannook baannook.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you're with a StarAlliance gold card its 40kg for TG. I am finished with my SQ once I moved to LOS 5-6 years ago. Finished up the points in Krisflyer. Now a TG's Royal Orchid gold. I have to admit that SQ lounges are nicer.

Priest hor, party in Living Dolls is no probrem but donch say I no say how, no one touch my Khun Tae ok? 我不会客气的ok?
Thought Royal Orchid Gold can masuk SQ lounger.
Don't worry, confirm no lang ga. I only go Cassonovi, Baccara and Angelwitch only. :wink:

Anyone intending to travel to upcountry near the borders (Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar), always bring your passport. If have Thai driving license, even better.
Unfortunately, SG skin color stlll asian color so there's a possibility of being a Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and recently, PRC and Vietnamese illegal immigrants. Ang Mohs confirm cannot be from these countries. The police won't care if you are from SG if you don't have any documents with you. All up the lorry/pickup. The most jialat are those illegal immigrants holding real Thai IDs.

jw5

Loyal

I just finished lunch with a female friend Ms. Hazard and her dog,

Is that Eden Hazard's sister? Did u ask her which club he plans to join? :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hey bro joe....if i learn how to sing the anthem from back to front...you think they will grant me immediate citizenship?

after that you must recite Bangkok's name in full......

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Since you so kind, I sponsor everything liquid can?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hey erection2011 if you can sing back to front you are in fro a real hard-on because they will elevate you into the royalty.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is the interior of Wine I Love You (Bar & Bistro) that I hand out oftem. I'm here now waiting for my guests.

Photo Jan 11, 6 06 30 PM.jpg