• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Here's another abgle. Very soon this place will be filled to the brim and many will be in line to come in. he he he I always jump queue.

Photo Jan 11, 6 13 20 PM.jpg

Lucky have mac air with me so that I could post

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

If there's going to be a party soon, I can sponsor 5 bottle of Red Label. Meant to be new year gifts for friends/associates/partners. Bought 12 bottles but still left 5 bottles. Doubt these 5 bottles will last long in my hands. :smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think the quota is 100 per year.
I know of few cases that where men are granted citizenship, there is an Italian guy among them.
Visa forum have quite a few successs stories as well.
The process is by no means easy one. The king has to sign and approve the citizenship.
So much for the value that sinkie land place on its citizenship.
There is a quota for this. You need to get a residency permit first. Think you will qualify for the residency permit. After certain years, you can apply for citizenship. The only foreigner I know personally who became a Thai citizen is a French guy. One of the criteria is you must be able to speak/read/write Thai at primary school level and sing the national anthem.

Additional information, in many road blocks in upcountry, the Thai police (MIB) will ask the suspects to sing the national anthem if they are suspect of being an illegal immigrant holding Thai IDs.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Right, it's 100. And this 100 is split into countries/regions which means if there are many people applying from the same country as you, the chance is lower. If there are no people from your country applying, you stand a high chance. Another criteria is how much the applicant has contribute to LOS. Now you know why some farangs do charity and let the whole world know.

Personally, feel that a LOS citizenship is not necessary unless you intend to own a large plot of land or business.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

aiyah joe...no wonder everyone likes you la. You make people happy la. I buy u drinks next time i go Bangkok.

Hey erection2011 if you can sing back to front you are in fro a real hard-on because they will elevate you into the royalty.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I guess different people has their own reasons. For me its personal and differs from others and I am actually thinking very hard to do so. But then I have the advantage of a stable livelihood here and here for the long haul. Also wife and I had already decided that we will make Thailand our base for the rest of our lives. Plan perhaps is for me to get citizenship and wife remain Singapore citizen. Anyway its still too early. May happen in 5 yours though.

yes you are 100% right ..different people has their own reasons . for me whichever country benefit me and my business ..i will go . currently japan have not let me down ..so i just stay on ...but i still have thai passport if plan A fails :wink:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Kor-tod na pii. Very sorry.

I just came home. Quite spent. Got to go pack my winter clothes now and quickly go to sleep tomorrow got to catch 1035hrs flight to Shanghai, also must detox before I go. Goodnight na pii.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Right, it's 100. And this 100 is split into countries/regions which means if there are many people applying from the same country as you, the chance is lower. If there are no people from your country applying, you stand a high chance. Another criteria is how much the applicant has contribute to LOS. Now you know why some farangs do charity and let the whole world know.

Personally, feel that a LOS citizenship is not necessary unless you intend to own a large plot of land or business.

why are those farangs all dying to become los citizens i wonder.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Initially I was thinking of getting citizenship from Canada or Australia. What was attractive was the good healthcare system, stability, network of friends & relatives,... They also look after their citizens. If you get into trouble abroad, you can expect them to come to your aid.

However I'm running out of time & I think the lifestyle in LOS should be OK.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

yes you are 100% right ..different people has their own reasons . for me whichever country benefit me and my business ..i will go . currently japan have not let me down ..so i just stay on ...but i still have thai passport if plan A fails :wink:
Japanese way of doing biz is more straight forward than in LOS. Never restrict oneself. I know of a Pattaya based American teacher now moving into Myanmar to do business.

Initially I was thinking of getting citizenship from Canada or Australia. What was attractive was the good healthcare system, stability, network of friends & relatives,... They also look after their citizens. If you get into trouble abroad, you can expect them to come to your aid.

The farangs that became LOS citizens probably have business interests and most of their countries allow dual/multiple citizenship.

Can have best of both world. Get citizenship in Canada/Australia/New Zealand and retire in LOS. Can switch between both places if it gets too boring in one place. :smile:

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Sawasdee krup everybody. I am having my jok-moo-saab (jork with mince pork) and pa-tong-gor (u-char-kuay) for breakfast this morning. Will leave for airport in half an hour time to Shanghai.

Thought Royal Orchid Gold can masuk SQ lounger.

Yes you're right if flying SQ certainly could lounge in SQ's. This is how I discovered SQ lounge is better than TG in my recent trip Bkk-Sin-Jkt-Sin-Bkk.

Aiyo so mqny reasons given here already bro Jah. Anyway if you come here you will probably also kenna gong-tao la

Pii Johnny333 please don't talk like this leh, pretty scarry la "running out of time" chey, tai-kat-lai-see

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There is no need to restrict oneself to one particular country or place. Even in LOS, there are still many places I have yet to explore.

Have some small investments in rice/fruits farming in the north east/eastern region and this allow me to travel once in a while. Yes, no matter how vibrant or exciting Pattaya is, there are times I need to get out of Pattaya for awhile. :wink:

BKK is a place I am thinking for a long time for biz investment but nothing have come out yet. Hopefully, can come out with something soon so can have reason to visit BKK more often. :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

There is no need to restrict oneself to one particular country or place. Even in LOS, there are still many places I have yet to explore.

Have some small investments in rice/fruits farming in the north east/eastern region and this allow me to travel once in a while. Yes, no matter how vibrant or exciting Pattaya is, there are times I need to get out of Pattaya for awhile. :wink:

BKK is a place I am thinking for a long time for biz investment but nothing have come out yet. Hopefully, can come out with something soon so can have reason to visit BKK more often. :p

Hey farmer, talk cock so much, isn't coming to Bangkok for a drink with me a good reason enough?

Ok got to run now, maid very angry waiting at the car for me to drive me to airport now. Sawasdeekrup.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pii Johnny333 please don't talk like this leh, pretty scarry la "running out of time" chey, tai-kat-lai-see

Living & Working in Spore takes a toll on one's health :o

I don't expect to up the lorry, but worry about ending up an invalid like the old leaf. I'm sure that some have noticed that he's been very quiet:biggrin:
So want to enjoy life as much as possible before ending up like those old men you find in the void decks:eek:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Living & Working in Spore takes a toll on one's health :o

I don't expect to up the lorry, but worry about ending up an invalid like the old leaf. I'm sure that some have noticed that he's been very quiet:biggrin:
So want to enjoy life as much as possible before ending up like those old men you find in the void decks:eek:
johnny,

True words of wisdom!

Made a decision to quit my full time job in LOS about a year ago. Friends/colleagues/boss/family say I out of my mind (kee siao). Why quit job and face future uncertainties? They even more shock when I told them I will remain in LOS instead of returning to SG.:*:

Life is unpredictable. If don't enjoy now, wait until when? My definition of enjoyment is to do things I really like and not worry too much, not necessary spending money or travelling. One minus point is that notice myself have become quite lazy (nua) but BP measurements did went down since I quit my job. :smile:

jw5

Loyal

My definition of enjoyment is to do things I really like and not worry too much, not necessary spending money or travelling.

I really like this statement.
Life is really about doing the things u like, without harming others or the environment.
And it's not always necessary to spend a lot of money or to go to faraway places.
Sometimes we tend to think that there must be some really deep meaning or purpose in life and that we need to have this or that or go here and there in order to really "enjoy". :p

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

how do you know? They look familiar to you?

Actually i see their faces they look quite chio and those types that club.

many 'steal eat' types.....dun get caught doing a cantona hor.....its just now worth it.
'Steal eat' can be anyone, any sex, any age and any profession. Many times, the least expected ones turn out to 'steal eat'. Majority of those 'steal eat' I know personally are male with certain level of success in their careers.

For female, I only know one who 'steal eat' with another male colleague at her work place. Think such cases very common.