• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are 76 provinces in the Kingdom of Thailand (excluding Bangkok). These provinces are grouped into 6 regions:

• North (9 provinces) bordering Myanmar on its western side and Laos on its eastern side
  • South (14 provinces) bordering Myanmar on its northwestern side and Malaysia on its south,
  • East (7 provinces) bordering Myanmar on its western side,
  • West (5 provinces) bordering Cambodia on its south,
  • Central (22 provinces)
  • North East (19 provinces) bordering Laos in most of its north and eastern side and Cambodia on its south

Bro seems that east and west have been mixed up shouldn't east be light blue in color and west orange yet you see the description. How can east border myanmar when it's at the extreme west of thailand.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro seems that east and west have been mixed up shouldn't east be light blue in color and west orange yet you see the description. How can east border myanmar when it's at the extreme west of thailand.

Jah, thank you for pointing that out. I will correct it right away. Cheers.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jah, thank you for pointing that out. I will correct it right away. Cheers.

Oh so you didn't copy and paste that from a site but wrote it yourself.

Can you share more on the other regions of thailand? Like it's well known that the original thai people came from china and look chinese and their ancestors called the Dai still reside in china today as one of the 55 minorities of china. Yet it's said that the central thais control all of thailand today and they tend to be darker skinned while the thais that look more chinese and are not chinese thais come from northern thailand and issan. How did the reins of power pass from the original thais to the central thais.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Oh so you didn't copy and paste that from a site but wrote it yourself.

Can you share more on the other regions of thailand? Like it's well known that the original thai people came from china and look chinese and their ancestors called the Dai still reside in china today as one of the 55 minorities of china. Yet it's said that the central thais control all of thailand today and they tend to be darker skinned while the thais that look more chinese and are not chinese thais come from northern thailand and issan. How did the reins of power pass from the original thais to the central thais.

No la bro most of the stuff I posted I wrote myself, my broken engrish can testify to that unless its news then I will post the source. However the map I cut and paste la.

Jah sorry hor, your questions all very cheem to me. I was writing the above to introduce Isaan food. Also your questions centred on the other parts of Thailand that I am not so familiar of. I am more familiar with the Isaan culture simply because my maid is from there, about 80% of my 200+ factory and warehouse staff also from there, 40% of my revenue comes from there (its not just its a big market with large population but newly opened with new found wealth from agriculture of new plants and many new foreign investments going there).

Also Jah your question macham only an anthropologist scholar can answer and I only a screw salesman, if anyone have interest about screws I can go on all night. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More flak on the monk

More flak on the infamous monk. Bought 22 benzes bht95 million. And forensics prove pic has monk sleeping, but unsure if zzz partner is lady or man (:p!)

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/359287/monk-ordered-22-new-benzes-tarit-says

monkzz.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
macham only an anthropologist scholar can answer and I only a screw salesman, if anyone have interest about screws I can go on all night. :biggrin::biggrin:
Jah's true to his leanings into anthropology (and demographics). And yours more familiar with us laymen, to screw or be screwed :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro chonburifc and I had a great and long dinner in Pataya's Walking Street last night

Black Pepper Crab

Chilli Cray Fish

Prawns saute with chinese wine

Steamed Seabass

Sotong with lime juice

Of course we painted the town red after the food

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro chonburifc and I had a great and long dinner in Pataya's Walking Street last night

Of course we painted the town red after the food

I would've loved to join the both of you but schedules always hit and miss. Perhaps one day in the near future.
Best of luck, chokdee chokdee to both of you and thank you both for keeping this thread alive and well.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I would've loved to join the both of you but schedules always hit and miss. Perhaps one day in the near future.
Best of luck, chokdee chokdee to both of you and thank you both for keeping this thread alive and well.

Chokdeedee to you too.

Oh I went to Walking for the first time recently. Mind-blowing :biggrin:
Also went to Thepprasit Night Market - it was nice

Thepprasit night market opens on Fridays to Sundays but try to go on Fri and Sat cos some shops don't open on Sun. Yes its probably the best night market in and around Pattaya, lots of food too.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of my fave snack (almost a meal itself), kao niao mamuang (mango with sticky rice). For a princely sum thb40 only (less than 50cents) in CNX mall. Once tried it at a fancy restaurant in Bkk, Ruen Mallika with a dollop vanilla ice cream (heavenly).

AB319608-8CB7-4C6D-982C-892C7EFF5576-150-000000121C17A0EF_zps6cb41b23.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
One of my fave snack (almost a meal itself), kao niao mamuang (mango with sticky rice). For a princely sum thb40 only (less than 50cents) in CNX mall. Once tried it at a fancy restaurant in Bkk, Ruen Mallika with a dollop vanilla ice cream (heavenly).

Bro 40 baht is S$1.30