• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Now having my lunch at a local beef noodle shop

Beehoon soup with braised beef
null-1056.jpg

Soup with lean beef and beef balls
null-1983.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
read this guys

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic...ed-outside-south-pattaya-shopping-mall/page-2

The main story is about the indian tourist getting assualted by vendors the full details aren't known but it's not hard to imagine what actually transpired and led to the attack.

Anyway here's the particular post i like.

number #37

I witnessed a very similar unprovoked attact on a very polite Indian a few weeks back.

I was standing at the front of a gogo bar on Walking St the night there was the big rain and about a foot of water on the road. It was really pouring down so people were standing at the front of the bars.

Anyway one of the security guards told a small group of Indians to move on now. The Indian guy pointed at the rain and explained that it was pouring down. This security guy then became super aggressive and swung an umbrella at the Indian hitting him. There was a bit of a scene and the Indians move on through the rain.

I asked the guy why he behaved like this to the Indians and that was he aware that they were now a fairly large percentage of tourists to Pattaya. His answer was that his boss had told him that no groups of Indians were allowed anywhere near the front of the bar. It did not look good and made customers stay away.

I then explained to him that I don't think his boss meant to move people on when there was a foot of water in Walking street and it was raining cats and dogs. Blank look.....

Nothing wrong with the guards doing that wonder why groups of shit skins make customers stay away and not say groups of japanese.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When it comes to the time for my vehicle to be serviced, I will always ask my maid to send it while I will drive another. My car had just hit 10,055km yesterday in just 3 months and I decided to send it myself this time cos they said that I can actually wait as it takes only 1 to 1.5 hour changing oil and other stuff and finishing with a car wash.

When I arrive at 8am, my appointment time, there was already a guy waiting for me at the parking space. Greeted me and asked for the key then send me in to the lounge sofa. Asked me a few questions then went in to process my requests.

The lounge
[video=youtube;AFn1CwumDcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFn1CwumDcQ[/video]

Then a beautiful Thai lady came and asked me what I like to have for drinks I asked for a hot chocolate and some water. He next question surprised me, what I'd like for breakfast. American or Club Sandwich. I asked for American.

After a while an older lady came to serve my chocolate and water, she was dressed in those uniforms you see traditional Thai massage masseuses wearing, after serving me she asked me if I'd like to have a massage I was thinking WTF? This is what I call service man.

My hot chocolate

Breakfast Menu

The bar

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is my breakfast

[video=youtube;AxYLiEcf3oE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxYLiEcf3oE[/video]

Guess what, I've just finished my breakfast and the lady at the bar came to ask me if I'd like to have some wine.

Anyway latter when I'm home will give my maid a good spanking for not telling me what she had been enjoying these two years. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
And they service your car in full view right in front of you

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Uncle, the car service must pay or not?

All other services foc?

Got special or not? :biggrin:

They explained that for this 10,000km I only pay for material like engine oil and filters. Workman will be charged I think after 50k. Anyway today's bill will not be more than 4,000 baht or $165 before vat. This is far cry from what I used o pay in Singapore which I believe starts from $300.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Gas price today - diesel , Gasohol 91 , Gasohol 95 , Benzene 95

Just divide 24 for sgd

null-2360.jpg

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is my breakfast

[video=youtube;AxYLiEcf3oE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxYLiEcf3oE[/video]

Guess what, I've just finished my breakfast and the lady at the bar came to ask me if I'd like to have some wine.

Anyway latter when I'm home will give my maid a good spanking for not telling me what she had been enjoying these two years. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wow long time never had eggs with maggie sauce:biggrin:Must try out soon:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Skived to Phnom Penh for quick looksee.

Impressions: diff world apart from LOS or Vietnam. Charming, quaint city with low cost of living. Home currency riels only secondary loose change from default usd. Also met Faidenk last night when he dropped by in bar. Resident vet he.

Lovely Khmer Surin restaurant, with some views of Grand Palace here
1339A016-14B5-4A36-977F-04F747680380-186-00000012676E0D6D_zpsa10fa3ab.jpg

214DDBEB-C861-4BA1-8CB9-8EE8677F4DCF-186-000000127FBACB7A_zps386a08a7.jpg

Local brew

64616840-0227-49A4-B4FE-DC2530CB9DF3-186-000000126CBE1641_zpsc4e3cddc.jpg

2E0A21D2-2E79-4F2D-98F9-4B5CDD09FB21-186-000000128D0205C8_zpsffc31486.jpg

ADBF3B14-AE1D-4801-93D3-B5EC788257C8-186-0000001294E7D4C1_zpsfe01140c.jpg

08A68D79-FD2F-4D24-A12B-9DD26D1B8187-186-0000001299813FD0_zpsdb49e1b7.jpg

Last edited:

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyo I prefer normal soya sauce, meggie is a little too strong the smell but Thais swear by it with eggs.

Bro looking at your dinner pics really shock me....given your age group you still can eat so much.....really takong:biggrin:
I am not saying you are old hor:biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro looking at your dinner pics really shock me....given your age group you still can eat so much.....really takong:biggrin:I am not saying you are old hor:biggrin:

Bro hokkien, which pic of dinner you talking about? Anyway most of my dinners are with a group of people la. For dinners I drink more than I eat like last night mostly finger food and of course not finsh la especially the sausages.

2 nice bottles of blended red

Spicy Seafood Ink Spaghetti cooked with Thai herb

Spinach with cheese

Foie gras

Sausage platter

Chicken wings

Last edited: