• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee Krup everyone. I just woke up and it's a wonderful morning. Went out balcony took this pic with iPhone wish to share with you guys.

Photo Jan 22, 7 37 28 AM.jpg

Have a great CNY eve

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once you do ground coffee, instant Nescafe will never taste quite the same.
Started with ground coffee but switch to instant coffee when I was posted to LOS many years ago. Always da bao Malaysian ground coffee powder back to LOS but can only last me 1-2 months.

Not many Thais know how to drink good coffee. That's why Nescafe can survive so long here.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sawasdee Krup everyone. I just woke up and it's a wonderful morning. Went out balcony took this pic with iPhone wish to share with you guys.
Have a great CNY eve
So early today? :smile: Me too, waked up by the sound of fire crackers.

A little info here. In LOS, day before CNY eve is Wan Jai (Pay Day). Means 'pay' money to buy CNY things. CNY eve is Wan Wai (Praying Day) or make offerings. The actual first day of CNY is known as Wan Tiow (Play/Visit Day), visit relatives and friends, etc.

Wishes everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous Dragon year!

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Started with ground coffee but switch to instant coffee when I was posted to LOS many years ago. Always da bao Malaysian ground coffee powder back to LOS but can only last me 1-2 months.

Not many Thais know how to drink good coffee. That's why Nescafe can survive so long here.

Just go to any coffee seller in Singapore and buy their best bali beans (about $23-$25 per kg) and get them to grind or since you have the machine not necessary. Then tell them to double seal using 2 plastic bags. Important not to allow any ingress of air so they remain fresh. Once home always keep the unused coffee in the freezer to retain freshness. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee is heavenly.:biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just go to any coffee seller in Singapore and buy their best bali beans (about $23-$25 per kg) and get them to grind or since you have the machine not necessary. Then tell them to double seal using 2 plastic bags. Important not to allow any ingress of air so they remain fresh. Once home always keep the unused coffee in the freezer to retain freshness. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee is heavenly.:biggrin:
Freshly brewed coffee always goes well with my ciggies. Not sure which one is the catalyst. Good coffee taste even better with cigarettes and cigarettes taste better with coffee. If I quit smoking, have to quit coffee together cos' meaningless without both. :wink:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Freshly brewed coffee always goes well with my ciggies. Not sure which one is the catalyst. Good coffee taste even better with cigarettes and cigarettes taste better with coffee. If I quit smoking, have to quit coffee together cos' meaningless without both. :wink:

Don't take Nescafe as it is only for emergency use. Indulge yourself with the best as life is too short.:biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't take Nescafe as it is only for emergency use. Indulge yourself with the best as life is too short.:biggrin:
Problem is I can only bring that much per trip which is around 3-4 kg per trip. The coffee powder I use is actually a combination of 2 type of beans. My elderly folks buy it for me. Have been drinking this combination for decades. LOS coffee standard still long way to go.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Problem is I can only bring that much per trip which is around 3-4 kg per trip. The coffee powder I use is actually a combination of 2 type of beans. My elderly folks buy it for me. Have been drinking this combination for decades. LOS coffee standard still long way to go.

I know exactly what you mean. My family still buys the same coffee from the guy who father used to tend the stall and sold his coffee to my parents. I have moved too far away and since then never mixed anymore. Try a small quantity and you might like it. Mixing of coffee is usually because of price and not quality. As always, it is one man's meat kind of thing and may not suit others.

The coffee beans sold here are mostly from Indonesia.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
P1000654.JPG
Here's a pic taken at my favorite Zhu Zha Tang (Luead Moo) shop at Sukhumvit Road this morning. Most Thai-Chinese just pray and release fire crackers. Business as usual. The red papers on the floor are from the fire crackers.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will be alone this CNY eve. Had a nice shower and will be going for a ”Danza Kaduro“ on my civic. :wink:

恭喜发财, 万事如意,身体健康 !发! 发! 发!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee Krup everyone. Happy Happy Golden Dragon Year. Wish all this Dragon Year everyone here

冲冲冲冲到大成功!发发发发到发大才!

Huat Cai.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It's

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

KYP I was waiting for you to appear to wish you in Taiwan,

生意兴隆,心想事成, 步步高升

(O'level Chinese F9 midyear and E7 final like kio tio gu lan, sorry la. Most of the time I post Chinese must ask wife la)

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

生意兴隆,心想事成, 步步高升

生意興隆 and 步步高升 it's either one or the other lah. The former for businessman, the latter, employees. But I will accept all - 包吃!

But the most important wish for 2012 which you missed out - 紅鸞心動

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you buddy. Sorry for the bad Chinese.

生意興隆 and 步步高升 it's either one or the other lah. The former for businessman, the latter, employees. But I will accept all - 包吃!

But the most important wish for 2012 which you missed out - 紅鸞心動

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

生意兴隆,心想事成, 步步高升

(O'level Chinese F9 midyear and E7 final like kio tio gu lan, sorry la. Most of the time I post Chinese must ask wife la)

Been thinking of what to wish you....you're already so 旺福.....

okay, wish you 乘勝追擊,如虎添翼,and specially for your Mrs, 健健康康, 身體一天比一天好, so that she can jet around the globe with you as frequently as possible.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Been thinking of what to wish you....you're already so 旺福.....

okay, wish you 乘勝追擊,如虎添翼,and specially for your Mrs, 健健康康, 身體一天比一天好, so that she can jet around the globe with you as frequently as possible.

Thank you thank you KYP. Madam especially like your wish because rabbit year health not good for her. Thank you thank you also for my wish to have the new GS model. I really love it but now seems like a pickup truck is my priority because of floods. Take care and enjoy your stay in ROC.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These are the little items I wish for Dragon Year :
May all your wishes come true in the Dragon year! Happy Dragon Year!

My wish this year is to have lesser headaches. And if possible, a body kit for my old civic. Heard the body kit in ROC is very top notch. Any recommendations?