• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aussie/Kiwi LOS runroaders favorite hang out in Pattaya. Place is actually located in Jomtien (New Second Road). Big area with about 30-40 smaller bars/restaurant/pubs but no Agogos. Most of the operators are Aussies/Kiwis. Pai Seh, not much to see during day time. Will try to take a few pics at night.
Ok here's the night view of the same place. Sorry for the quality as still not familiar with camera settings.

P1000491.JPG

P1000492.JPG

P1000497.JPG

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh I see. Windsor, everytime I post with more than 1 pic the pics will become like thumbnails very small to see. So I always have only one pic per post as above. For example if you look at page 3 of this thread written by chonburifc (#216 post) it look like this -
Yeah. same over here. Attach 1 pic, it will be full display. Attach more than 1 pic, all become thumbnails.

Good class hotel for business types, with good skyline views (and more, rest to your imagination na). Sure better than 81.

Nothing like homecoming, traditions like reunion dinner is like a ballast in life.

Errr, I can't even see pics (comes with question mark, kns). So missing out on your handy work and chonburi's Patts pics
Same here, will need to click on thumbnail and log in again. Think could be the browser I am using (google chrome).

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A little tip on renovations in LOS. Found most workers are not very productive when customer not around. To solve this, try to be present at the work site as much as possible. Also buy them some energy drinks/snacks which is not very expensive. :wink: Their work efficiency improve tremendously. In short, you become the supervisor.

One reason is also because some of the renovation workers are part time and daily rated. So the longer they drag, the more they get. Have to offer some bonus to make them speed up.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And the other reason is the opposite, some workers will be too 'automatic' or very initiative and make their own decisions. I call them 'Kay Kiang'. Stop them, before they do something not according to your requirements. Often, it cost more money and delay to do alterations.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thinking of getting a small expresso machine for my office staffs and customers. Saw a few brands, Krups, Gaggia, Electrolux and a few others. Prefer a small, idiot proof and low maintenance one. Anyone have experience with such expresso machine?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thinking of getting a small expresso machine for my office staffs and customers. Saw a few brands, Krups, Gaggia, Electrolux and a few others. Prefer a small, idiot proof and low maintenance one. Anyone have experience with such expresso machine?

Buy a normal coffeemaker for your staff and an expresso machine for visitors. The price of good ground coffee is pretty stiff and some workers drink coffee like water. The machine is easy to operate but don't buy Krups, Philips or unknown brands as they all are made in China.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
normal coffeemaker for your staff and an expresso machine for visitors The machine is easy to operate but don't buy Krups, Philips or unknown brands as they all are made in China.
Just standard coffee maker machine like Impressa 24, idiot proof for fast and thirsty. Forget those blxxdy capsules, expensive and non-green.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

You have not mentioned if you prefer a semi-auto or fully auto machine. The difference is with fully auto, you cannot suka suka change the flavour of the beans.

The fully auto models are quite expensive in Thailand because of a 20% tariff. The most reliable model (no hiccups for the 1st 5 years at least) is this Saeco model, but the design not chio:

Saeco_Villa_Silver_Auto_Espresso_Coffee_Maker.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Chonburifc one of a very important step in making good coffee is "la-kopi" you need to have good skill in this buddy. Obviously Pattaya had given you lots of training.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee krup everyone. Trut-Jin-Chokdee.

I am in Suvarnabhumbi Airport now waiting for my flight home. Later go shopping and bank. Wife go saloon. Happy to be back for CNY.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
More importantly, got chiong or not?

In Singapore I never chiong before. I've been traveling outside sinkieland for so long and I never wanna waste my time cheonging here. Now I live in paradise I don't even chiong anywhere.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just standard coffee maker machine like Impressa 24, idiot proof for fast and thirsty. Forget those blxxdy capsules, expensive and non-green.

Buy a normal coffeemaker for your staff and an expresso machine for visitors. The price of good ground coffee is pretty stiff and some workers drink coffee like water. The machine is easy to operate but don't buy Krups, Philips or unknown brands as they all are made in China.

You have not mentioned if you prefer a semi-auto or fully auto machine. The difference is with fully auto, you cannot suka suka change the flavour of the beans.

The fully auto models are quite expensive in Thailand because of a 20% tariff. The most reliable model (no hiccups for the 1st 5 years at least) is this Saeco model, but the design not chio:

Chonburifc one of a very important step in making good coffee is "la-kopi" you need to have good skill in this buddy. Obviously Pattaya had given you lots of training.

Guys, thanks for the recommendations. Think I am going for a simple expresso machine. Will probably use only one kind of coffee beans. I am a coffee drinker so naturally, I want to have better coffee every morning. Now, I am drinking instant coffee, Nescafe. If given a choice, I prefer the traditional Hainan style coffee.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I was reading my daily WSJ newspaper and in this weekend edition, there was an article entitled "Shangri-La Joins Effort to Ban Shark Fin". It also reported many other joins and also Singapore's supermarkets joining this ban. The last paragraph was interesting where it talks about west's double standards. I believe Bangkok's taxi drivers will never be able to comment like our sinkie high class taxi driver.

Photo Jan 21, 10 06 54 PM.jpg
I am very surprised our taxi driver is so learned and perhaps rich enough to eat foie gras.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You forgot many MBA driving taxis now in Sinkieland.
Dun look down on humble bkk taxi drivers, most of them are from red country issan where they are more politically savvy than any of the 60.1% sinkies here.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am a coffee drinker so naturally, I want to have better coffee every morning. Now, I am drinking instant coffee, Nescafe. If given a choice, I prefer the traditional Hainan style coffee.
Once you do ground coffee, instant Nescafe will never taste quite the same.