• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Life of A Taxi Driver - What Do You Know???

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
No dear. It is just passengers like you. that's why the smart ones will just give million watt smiles and slow shaking of heads. Mental rape is optional.

siren2.gif

Alamaking, warning female taxi driver flirting! female taxi driver flirting! female taxi driver flirting! if not quick cover your arse

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun forget the heavy vehicle drivers and motocyclists

Motocylists are tolerable in Sinkieland because... i seldom drive along BKE.
But in those days when i commuted daily to JB via Tuas, i had some brushes with these Johorean idiots. I would say they are more of a menace in Malaysia.
I used to drive through traffic jams along Jln Skudai and had few encounters of flashing middle fingers and motorists kicking my car... unfortunately it is easy for them to drive away while i get stucked.

Heavy vehicles and increasingly vans/pickup drivers are getting worse. Sometimes they try to drive onto lane 1. Have seen quite a few cases of heavy vehicles driving onto road dividers. These jokers seemed happy to ram their horsepower thinking they can outrace some Japanese cars... but they don't understand they cannot stop in time.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you.

Took a cab to the orchard today, it was jam, the taxi told me sometimes they really have to ask where the passengers going 1st before letting them in just to avoid this kind of jam. I can sense he indirectly complained to me.

So I said:"Uncle, normally when I hail a cab, the cabby asked me where I going, I will tell them to move away or fuck off. If Taxi drivers can choose passenger, why passenger cannot choose them? You guys are in service line, u are being paid, not driving for free, cannot anyhow ask the destination and rejected it just because it's not on the way or you dun like it"

The Taxi driver didn't talk the through the whole journey after that, lol

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taxi drivers was 1st on my hate list when i was a motorcyclist, It seems like every other month at least 1 or 2 taxi drivers will be severely abused by me for endangering my life,(Don't count the at least 20 middle fingers shown to them on average monthly) They tailgate you dangerously, they just swerve into your lane and stop abruptly to pick up passengers and the list goes on.

Ask any motorcyclist and they will tell you they hate taxi drivers the most.

Last edited:

PRONTO01

Alfrescian
Loyal
With your impressive qualifications and experience, you choose to cheat yourself by thinking being a taxi driver is being your own boss. The taxi companies are the real boss and you pay them rental everyday and, they can terminate your service anytime.

>>>If you compare the above with any other job yes you are absolutely right we can lose it anytime. And yes I am delusional about thinking a cab driver is his own Boss but cheating myself to make believe is proofing a point that you are referring to your own lack of insecurity. You need help Chon. And thanks for commending on my Impressive Records I did not tell you I also got a Presidential award for administrative Efficiency Medal which some people can only dream on. And for the record I did not cheat myself for that award nor carry any balls to achieve that award. Thank you.

Become taxi drivers is the easiest way out for those jobless and non-performers. Anyone with class 3 also can become one. I almost became one myself but a taxi driver buddy advised me not to become one. I am glad that I did not choose the easy way out.

Do you have a Taxi Driver's License? Good for you you listen to your Buddy. Thank you for your compliment easy way out or not I work for my money rather than beg steal or borrow from you.

You choose to be a taxi driver despite knowing it's a shit job and yet you want others in your shoes. How about put yourself in others' shoes?

Your lack of comprehending my message does not equate you to be educated. Because if you are then when in did I make mentioned that I found an easy way out to be a Taxi Driver or for that matter I call it a shit job? To be in one shoes, just to reiterate my point is we are all so fond of spewing verbal diarrhea and judging about people and their vocation. Before we do that have you tried to be a Taxi Driver or a Insuarance Agent or a Property Agent? But we will continue to boast raved and rant that we are very knowledgeable in these field less we know nuts about them in the first instance. But then again we support a system where there is so many screwed up Agents of the Country who are paid millions and think they know the more about the silkies than silkies know about themselves.

I rather you do your part and focus on customer satisfaction, and raise the bar of taxi drivers service standards. Since already taken this path, might as well do your best.

>>>Thank you for your closing statement and that I have and always done since I took up this job as a Taxi Driver. I am always focused on doing my best and giving my best but sorry I cannot say for the rest of my Fellow Cabbies. I have taken in more salt than you to learn about the Sinkies who are very very good to critize, condemn, judge and KPKB but in the final analysis we do not have the balls to stand up for what we believe in. Instead we choose to sell our soul to the regime that rules with an iron fists.

Then perhaps, no one will complain about taxi drivers anymore.

Even after Doing the best given your kind or behavior and attitude we Taxi Drivers will still be condemn to the point of no return. So to cut the story short if the cap fits you wear it. Otherwise do us all a favour don't shoot from the hip and the lifelihood of decent Taxi Drivers with your foul mouth. thank you, xie die née, nandree and Salamat Po!

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning while passing thru Loyang A pick truck crush a road bike into a ball, luckily
the cyclist was alright sitting on the right side road curb, police WRX was there, and
I saw his fren's bike on the left wheel bad bend, two bike in one go! Felt sorry for the two
cyclists..on the way down via East Coast Park way another roadie using Tri-bike hit a small
pod hole was hurt, some cyclists stop by to help this guy, bruise all over his body,right shoulder
dislocated...Cyclists please take it easy this is Seventh month, go slower just respect!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even after Doing the best given your kind or behavior and attitude we Taxi Drivers will still be condemn to the point of no return. So to cut the story short if the cap fits you wear it. Otherwise do us all a favour don't shoot from the hip and the lifelihood of decent Taxi Drivers with your foul mouth. thank you, xie die née, nandree and Salamat Po!
No need to thank limpeh. Everyone know limpeh O level 5 credit nia. Even not afraid to admit all 5 credits add up is almost 30.

Why so bitter? You got Degree leh, some more got 35 year experience working for civil service. Very coincidence, limpeh also most tulan jiak liao bee civil servants leechers.

FUCK YOUR MOTHER CHOW CHEE BYE. This is call foul mouth.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do 99% of all taxi drivers in Singapore overtake cyclists and then cut them off by coming to a screeching halt in front of them to pick up or drop off a passenger. This is what caused the death of my best friend who couldn't stop in time and ended up going head first through the rear window of the taxi.

Can't they just slow down slightly in order to pull up behind cyclists if they need to stop? This more considerate and far safer maneuver only adds 10 to 20 seconds to any schedule and could well save a life.

Sam, what you do not understand is, a large proportion of Singapore drivers, be they taxi drivers or other type vehicle drivers, just do not like to see anybody in front of them. So, they will do anything to get in front of whatever is in front of them. I found out about this peculiarity many years ago, when I asked a Singapore guy why he drove so recklessly. His answer: "I just cannot stand to see anybody on my road, in front of me."

Many a time, I have seen taxi drivers almost crash behind me because they tried to overtake my sports car in a hairpin turn. Their fat, heavy monster just could not take the curve. Like I said, they will do anything to get in front: even kill themselves.

ls-knnbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's nothing wrong with cyclists riding two abreast. It's legal in most countries and it's legal in Singapore. Motorists can easily overtake just as they would overtake a slower moving vehicle.

The problem has nothing to do with cyclists taking a lane. The problem is impatient motorists.

I once road from the Dempsey Road to Raffles Place and one stupid motorist taking the same route overtook me about 10 times along the way and GAINED NO TIME whatsoever. When I got to my destination, I was probably a minute ahead of him.

There is no point accelerating to 70 kph only to be overtaken time and time again by a cyclist doing 30 kph when the traffic slows to a standstill along the congested stretches.
Your fucking cheebye cyclist friend is a peasant who will not contribute much to singapore society or economy even if he us alive. I believe u said before there is.no loss to society if such losers died. Fuck u leongsam.