• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Life of A Taxi Driver - What Do You Know???

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you.

No need to thank limpeh. Everyone know limpeh O level 5 credit nia. Even not afraid to admit all 5 credits add up is almost 30.

Why so bitter? You got Degree leh, some more got 35 year experience working for civil service. Very coincidence, limpeh also most tulan jiak liao bee civil servants leechers.

FUCK YOUR MOTHER CHOW CHEE BYE. This is call foul mouth.

Waaah!! My respect for you just went up to the point that equates my esteem for scroobal. What a chap worthy of respect you are. You sure had shown how much better you are than that scum of a taxi driver. His etiquette in his engagement with you truly deserves condemnation and you praise.

And that brings to mind another honorable member worthy of mention: joetys. His publishing of the taxi driver's photo taken without consent proves that he understood what constitutes fair and justifiable conduct. Upholding in the best of tradition the notion that one is innocent until proven guilty. Very much in the league of the local SPH publications.

As for the most respected and credible member in this forum, scroobal the righteous personified, he tried to get alamaking to suck his dick which credit to alamaking, did not bite. Now this scroobal you must understand harbors more hatred for cab drivers than all the imbeciles here combined for the fact that he happens to be of the race that our IQ level of 91 genius Jahrastashit have a psychological attachment to. And we all know that Indians are the most preferred customers that taxi drivers fight and kill themselves over to pick up.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many a time, I have seen taxi drivers almost crash behind me because they tried to overtake my sports car in a hairpin turn. Their fat, heavy monster just could not take the curve. Like I said, they will do anything to get in front: even kill themselves.

very keen observation. i share the same opinion, and it has much to do with lack of evolution and maturity from the basic instinct of a desperate sperm looking to score an ovum. notice how every spermatozoa swims ahead to get in front of every other sperm. many go in circles. in psycho-speak i call it the "strange sinkie spermatozoa swimming superiority for survival syndrome". :o

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
In the 60s and early 70s, we used to beat up motorists who cut us off if they were unlucky enough to be caught at the next intersection. Roland Lim once hauled a taxi driver out and smashed him after kicking his door in with steel tipped cycling shoes.

I encourage the current generation of cyclists to do the same regardless of what operating system the motorist is using.

That explains why cyclists today often beat up other cyclists. To make a generalization, cyclists are hooligans.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
That explains why cyclists today often beat up other cyclists. To make a generalization, cyclists are hooligans.

Cyclists have to be more aggressive than other road users in order to defend our right to use the road. I make no apologies for this attitude. Any motorist who threatens my safety will be made to pay in one way or another if the opportunity presents itself.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go ahead n b aggressive, cyclist are scums on the road, y should cars give way to them? they slow down traffic etc etc, i blame the gahmen as well for not taking action against cyclist..if cyclist get hit its their fault,,,the more cyclist get killed the less of them to worry about...Fuck cyclist on roads n Fuck PAP for not getting rid of them

Cyclists have to be more aggressive than other road users in order to defend our right to use the road. I make no apologies for this attitude. Any motorist who threatens my safety will be made to pay in one way or another if the opportunity presents itself.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from the video, the vehicle had right of way n the traffic light is green...its clearly the cyclist is at fault..i pity the driver get into trouble bcos of the asshole of a cyclist...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=408790435846208

Anyway, this is the latest incident between a car and a cyclist, it was reported yesterday at Newpaper. Cyclist is a 13 years old boy, listening to music and tried to cross the pedestrian crossing when the lights are already green.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey, scrooby-doo, please see remarks in navy blue.

Bro, I saw what you wrote and the excerpt is below and realised that you are delusional. High Moral Standing!!!! I also think you are being less than honest with the entry requirements. The vast majority of Singaporeans do qualify to be taxi drivers including ex-convicts.

scrooby doo...remember the cartoon, that clumsy dog.:rolleyes:
what's wrong with ex- convicts driving as long they are not hard-core criminals. your thinking is old fart type, you are probably those who always brag about experience to your juniors.

The taxi vocation is somewhere below 2nd car dealers, HDB property agents and insurance salesman now know as financial planners.

Honestly people have more respect for the hawkers, the various office workers, storekeepers and most vocations but certainly the conduct of most cabbies would not warrant respect equivalent to these people.

times are changing, i bet you have not seen people living in district 10 driving taxis. i mentioned before, taxi driving is good for retirees, get to see around during their last phase of their life. What i don't understand is that the rental of taxis are considered very high, they should just capped it at less than 100 dollars per day. those driving mercs have to pay $103 to $138 per day exclusive of diesel or CNG. for me myself, i still prefer the old toyota crown, manual and reliable engine.

Most front serving vocations receive similar abuse from customers of varying nature including doctors and lawyers. There are inconsiderate, dishonest and abusive patients, clients and customers. It is nothing new. There are people who lodge unreasonable complaints to various professional boards and these highly educated professionals have to undergo various stressful and time-consuming disciplinary hearings etc.

The taxi service is an essential service but not a noble service because any man and his dog can qualify to be a taxi-driver. There is very little barriers to entry. Not many people can be hawkers because there is an element of hard work and risk involved. There is no NTUC to them give a recipe, set the stall up etc.

oh really, yes, anybody can qualify to be a taxi driver. i wager a personal bet with you, if you can survive 1 year on the road without accident, you can come and slap me. if not, you are another bragger and pretend to know all. i have been driving for 6 years, never have any major accidents that require insurance claim. if you can beat me to that, i will drive my taxi over the moon...:rolleyes::biggrin::p

Like all vocations there will be good, hardworking and honest people but the taxi drivers conduct in the main is so far from that of a hawker. Thank god it is highly regulated.

there are black sheeps in all kind of vocations, i personally see and experience how acidic lky's cronies are. i am surprised SAF has not been tamkup in the news for the wrong reasons, probably cover-up!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=408790435846208

Anyway, this is the latest incident between a car and a cyclist, it was reported yesterday at Newpaper. Cyclist is a 13 years old boy, listening to music and tried to cross the pedestrian crossing when the lights are already green.

For every such case, there are a hundred of these sorts of incidences. I should know. I ride 5 days a week.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Another fucking motorist!

[video=youtube;RrAoEdXjPQY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=RrAoEdXjPQY[/video]

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Another typical case... Cyclists in single file out for some exercise and this is what happens....

Start viewing at 2:30.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cyclists are the angriest bunch of people i've ever seen on the road, after motorcyclists.
I can never understand why anyone would use a totally unprotected mode of transport with 50% chance of getting hit by either a car or lightning.
It is like having raw sex with prostitutes.
These guys who pay no road tax should just be banned from the roads, it is such a waste of taxpayers' money to clear their remains off the roads.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It is like having raw sex with prostitutes.
These guys who pay no road tax should just be banned from the roads, it is such a waste of taxpayers' money to clear their remains off the roads.

I can't speak for the bike commuters but for all of us who race regularly, we ride because we love our sport but we certainly don't have a death wish. All that cyclists ask for is a bit of consideration.

We don't have 150bhp so we can't accelerate from 0 to top speed in 10 seconds. Is it too much to ask a motorist simply to wait a couple of seconds till they can get past. 90% of all recreational cyclists are motorists too and I have never had a run in with any cyclist while I'm driving. I know their limitations when I come across one when I'm in my car so I simply exercise patience and due care so as not put them at risk. This makes hardly any difference to how long it takes me to reach my destination. If I do get delayed a minute or so in a 30 minute commute, it makes no difference to my life.

The road tax argument doesn't hold water because we've all paid our road taxes via the car that's parked at home while we're out riding.

If you put aside the dangers of being killed by an idiot motorist, the benefits of cycling a tremendous. The balance and coordination required to stay upright does wonders in keeping the central nervous system in good shape. The exercise it provides lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Cycling also cures type 2 diabetes.

Despite the risks, I will continue to ride.