• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70's, 80's 'Feel Good' Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Entertainer and 1970s teen idol David Cassidy has died.
The musician and actor, 67, who starred in TV's The Partridge Family (1970 to 1974), died Tuesday night in Florida after being hospitalized with organ failure, according to a statement sent to USA TODAY by his representative Jo-Ann Geffen.
"On behalf of the entire Cassidy family, it is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our father, our uncle, and our dear brother, David Cassidy," the statement said. "David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long. Thank you for the abundance of love and support you have shown him these many years."
In February, Cassidy announced that he had been diagnosed with dementia. Just before sharing that news, he said he was retiring from touring.

DAVID CASSIDY ~ "I THINK I LOVE YOU"

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look_What_You%27ve_Done_to_Me_-_Boz_Scaggs.jpg

"Look What You've Done to Me" is a 1980 song recorded by Boz Scaggs, composed by Scaggs and David Foster for the movie Urban Cowboy. It reached #14 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 in November, #13 on the Cash Box Top 100, and went to #3 on the Adult Contemporary chart. The song reached #30 in Canada.
The song, reflecting on a broken romance (as depicted in Urban Cowboy), features the Eagles on background vocals and instrumentation by Don Felder on guitar and members of Toto and David Foster on keyboards. Two versions of the song were released. The most widely available version of the song (as released on Scaggs greatest hits compilations) places more emphasis on the Eagles' background vocals, plus additional background vocal stylings by Scaggs towards the end of the song. The version as heard in the Urban Cowboy film (as well as its soundtrack) replaces the Eagles' vocals with a female chorus.
According to comments made by both Scaggs and Foster on the television special (and subsequent DVD) Hit Man: David Foster and Friends, the song was written and recorded in one night after the studio called asking the duo to write a song for the scene, informing them the scene was to be filmed the following day, and the track needed to be on a courier plane the following morning.
David Foster provided a bit more of the backstory on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Season 3, Episode 3, titled "Don't Sing For Your Supper", as his wife Yolanda is a cast member. Foster said that Scaggs wasn't happy with any of the music he played that evening until the night was almost over. When Foster played the intro chords that became the trademark beginning of the song, Scaggs said, "That's it".

Boz Scaggs - Look What You've Done To Me

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is only 1 Frankie Goes to Hollywood song posted here..No surprised since their albums were banned in Spore.Although the band was really huge in UK back then.. Here are some of their songs with "Relax" being the most well known hit.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Feels Like I'm in Love" is a song recorded by Scottish singer Kelly Marie. It was a number-one hit on the UK Singles Chart for two weeks in September 1980.
Written by Ray Dorset of Mungo Jerry, the song was originally intended for Elvis Presley but he died before it could be pitched to him. When it was originally released on Pye Records in 1979, the song was a sleeper hit on the Scottish club scene before breaking through nationally in the summer of 1980, reaching the top of the UK Singles Chart in September. The following year, aided by a number of remixes the song became a club hit in the US, reaching number ten on the US Hot Dance Club Play chart.
Re-released on the Calibre record label, it followed a rare breed of record labels who gained a chart-topping success with their debut release.

Kelly Marie - Feels Like I'm In Love