• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70's, 80's 'Feel Good' Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Make It with You" is a song written by David Gates and originally recorded by the pop-rock group Bread, of which Gates was a member. Only Gates and drummer Mike Botts appear on the song and the song was a #1 hit.
The song first appeared on Bread's 1970 album, On the Waters. Released as a single that June, it was the group's first top-ten hit on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and spent the week of August 22, 1970, at number one, their only single to do so; it also reached #5 on the UK Singles Chart. Billboard ranked "Make It with You" as the No. 13 song of 1970, and it was certified gold by the RIAA for sales of over one million copies.
When the song was released, David Gates's mother was asked by a local interviewer how her son's music career was going. Misunderstanding the song's title, she replied that his group had just recorded a song called "Naked with You."

Bread – Make It With You

00:00 Make It with You
03:11 Everything I Own
06:20 Diary
09:28 Baby I'm A Want You
11:56 It Don't Matter To Me
14:45 If
17:20 Mother Freedom
19:55 Down On My Knees
22:39 Too Much Love
25:27 Let Your Love Go
27:50 Look What You've Done
31:02 Truckin'
33:34 The Guitar Man
37:20 Aubrey
40:59 The Last Time
45:09 Sweet Surrender
47:45 He's A Good Lad
50:42 Daughter
54:03 Friends And Lovers
57:57 Lost Without Your Love

Bread – Make It With You

Hey have you ever tried
Really reaching out for the other side?
I may be climbing on rainbows
But baby, here goes
Dreams, they are for those who sleep
Life is for us to keep
And if you're wondering what this song is leading to,
I wanna to make it with you

I really think that we could make it, girl

Though you don't know me well
With every little thing only time will tell
If you believe the things that I do,
And we'll see it through
Life can be short or long
Love can be right or wrong
And if I chose the one I'd like to help me through
I'd like to make it with you

I really think that we could make it, girl

Baby you know that dreams their for those who sleep
Life it's for us to keep
And if I chose the one I'd like to help me through
I'd like to make it with you

I really think that we can make it, girl

Songwriters: GATES, DAVID
Make It With You lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
''He sacrificed life in the present...to find love in the past.''
Somewhere in Time is a 1980 romantic science fiction film directed by Jeannot Szwarc.It is a film adaptation of the 1975 novel ''Bid Time Return'' by Richard Matheson, who also wrote the screenplay. The film stars Christopher Reeve, Jane Seymour, Christopher Plummer, Teresa Wright, and Bill Erwin. The film is known for its musical score composed by John Barry.

Somewhere in Time - John Barry

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"A Long and Lasting Love" is a song written by Gerry Goffin and Michael Masser, and recorded by American country music artist Crystal Gayle. It was released in August 1985 as the second single from the album Nobody Wants to Be Alone. The song reached number 5 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart.
Glenn Medeiros covered this song with some changes in lyrics and entitled Long and Lasting Love. Billy Preston and Syreeta also covered this song with the different chorus. Jane Olivor had introduced it in her 1980 album, "The Best Side of Goodbye." Cantopop artist Vivian Chow also covered this song in her native Cantonese, retaining the "A Long and Lasting Love" line in English.

Crystal Gayle-A Long and Lasting Love

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Nobody" is a song written by Kye Fleming and Dennis Morgan, and recorded by American country music artist Sylvia. It was released in June 1982 as the second single from the album Just Sylvia.
The song was first recorded in 1982 by Sylvia, who was already a Country Music star the previous year, achieving a #1 hit and 2 other Top Tens in 1981. "Nobody" was her second and final #1 Country hit. The song was so successful, it crossed over to the Billboard Hot 100 charts, debuting on August 28, 1982 (the week the song dropped from #1 Country) and peaking at number fifteen. "Nobody" spent 20 weeks on the chart; earned a gold record; and was a Top Five Adult Contemporary hit.
The song turned young Sylvia into a star on both sides of the charts. Although she gained Country Pop success with "Nobody", she never achieved another crossover hit, or for that matter, another #1 hit. The song became Sylvia's signature song and got her nominated her for a Grammy award in 1983 for Best Female Country Vocal Performance. It also helped her take home the Academy of Country Music (ACM) award for Top Female Vocalist of 1982, a category for which she was never even nominated by the Country Music Association (CMA).

Sylvia - Nobody

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Lookin' for Love" is a song written by Wanda Mallette, Bob Morrison and Patti Ryan, and recorded by American country music singer Johnny Lee. It was released in June 1980 as part of the soundtrack to the film Urban Cowboy, released that year. Marcy Levy was one of the female singers who provided backing vocals on the track.
Lee whose biggest hit to date had been a 1977 cover of Ricky Nelson's "Garden Party" had previously been one of the main nightclub acts at Gilley's, a nightclub owned by country music superstar Mickey Gilley. Record executive Irving Azoff offered Lee the chance to record "Lookin' For Love", a song that 20-plus artists had rejected.
Critics were not kind to Lee nor the song. Country music historian Bill Malone once noted that "Lookin' for Love"—in his words, a "lilting little pop song" — became the featured song of Urban Cowboy and a huge commercial hit largely because "actor John Travolta (the movie's co-star) expressed a liking for it." Critic Kurt Wolff panned the song as an example of "watered-down cowboy music."
Public reaction was much better. "Lookin' for Love" rose to No. 1 (for a three-week stay) on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart, and was a No. 5 Billboard Hot 100 hit as well. On the US Cash Box Top 100, the song spent two weeks at No. 4.

"Lookin' for Love" was certified gold for sales of 1 million units by the Recording Industry Association of America

Johnny Lee - Looking For Love

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Listen to the Music" is a song recorded by The Doobie Brothers on their second album Toulouse Street. This song was The Doobie Brothers' first big hit in 1972, it remains a concert staple and is one of The Doobie Brothers' biggest hits. This song is usually played as the last song at The Doobie Brothers' concerts. It was written by Tom Johnston.
Writer Tom Johnston described the motivation for the song as a call for world peace:
"The chord structure of it made me think of something positive, so the lyrics that came out of that were based on this utopian idea that if the leaders of the world got together on some grassy hill somewhere and either smoked enough dope or just sat down and just listened to the music and forgot about all this other bullshit, the world would be a much better place. It was very utopian and very unrealistic (laughs). It seemed like a good idea at the time."
The studio recording used both a banjo and a prominent flanging effect, audible from the bridge until the fadeout. When released as a single by Warner Bros. Records, the song peaked at number 11 on the Billboard Hot 100 in November 1972.
The commercial success of "Listen to the Music" helped the album Toulouse Street rise on the charts. The song remains a staple of adult contemporary and classic rock radio. The band also uses it as an encore song during live shows. It was written and sung by guitarist and vocalist Tom Johnston. Patrick Simmons, the second guitarist and vocalist in the group, sings the bridge of the song.
During the 1982 Farewell Tour, the song was the last one played on the set list as the encore with drummer Keith Knudsen singing the lead vocal.

Doobie Brothers - Listen To The Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"When You're in Love with a Beautiful Woman" is a popular single by Dr. Hook. It was recorded at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio, Alabama.
Written by Even Stevens, who followed producer Ron Haffkine into the studio bathroom to pitch him the song. "When You're in Love with a Beautiful Woman" first appeared on the band's 1978 album Pleasure and Pain. Riding the disco wave in 1979 it belatedly became an international hit, reaching number six on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in the USA and doing even better in the UK where it spent three weeks at number one in the UK Singles Chart in November 1979. The song was subsequently added to the band's 1979 album Sometimes You Win. It features background vocals by three female singers.
The song also featured throughout the 2005 Rockstar game The Warriors.
The song was covered by country music artist Conway Twitty in 1990 on his album Crazy in Love.

Dr Hook - "When You're Love With A Beautiful Woman"

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Save Your Kisses for Me" was the winning song of the Eurovision Song Contest 1976, performed for the United Kingdom by Brotherhood of Man in The Hague, Netherlands. The lyrics and music were written by Tony Hiller, Lee Sheriden, and Martin Lee, the latter two being members of the band. The song became a worldwide hit, reaching No.1 in many countries, including the UK, where it became the biggest-selling song of the year. Overall, it remains one of the biggest-selling Eurovision winners ever, and the biggest such seller in the UK

Brotherhood of Man - Save Your Kisses for Me

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Will You Love Me Tomorrow", also known as "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow", is a song written by Gerry Goffin and Carole King. It was originally recorded in 1960 by the Shirelles, who took their single to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The song is also notable for being the first song by an all-girl group to reach number one in the United States. It has since been recorded by many artists over the years, including a 1971 version by co-writer Carole King.
In 1971 Carole King, the co-writer of the song, recorded a version of "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" for her landmark studio album Tapestry, with Joni Mitchell and James Taylor on background vocals. King's version of the song was taken at a considerably slower tempo and with a more contemplative, melancholy feel than in the Shirelles original recording. It gained considerable album-oriented rock airplay due to the large scale commercial success of the album.
The song became a feature of King's live shows. Taylor recreated his part during their joint arena-based Troubadour Reunion Tour of 2010.
In the 2013 Broadway Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, the song is featured in part four times: once during its writing, once during King recording a demo of it, then with the Shirelles performing it, and then King singing and playing it later during an especially bad time in her marriage with Goffin. No other song is featured as frequently in the musical.

Carole King - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Let's All Chant" is a song written by Michael Zager and Alvin Fields and performed by the Michael Zager Band. It was based on an idea originally suggested by former head of A&R Jerry Love after he visited clubs in New York and saw people endlessly chanting "Ooh-ah, Ooh-ah". Although Zager was first embarrassed when Love asked him to write a song using these chants, he accepted the proposal and later co-wrote "Let's All Chant" with Fields.
The opening track and lead single from the group's eponymous LP, "Let's All Chant" was released as a single in December 1977, with the track "Love Express" as a B-side. An unexpected smash hit, the single reached number one on the disco chart and crossed over to the Soul Singles chart, where it peaked at number 15, and to the Billboard Hot 100, where it peaked at number 36. In Europe, the single reached the top 10 in several countries, including the UK, Ireland and France. It eventually sold five million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling singles of all time.
Recognizable by both its vocal hooks and its classical section, which is featured in the middle of the song, "Let's All Chant" was well received by critics, who have praised its musical arrangement and its catchiness. Many reviewers regard the song as a classic of the disco era. It also became a turning point in Michael Zager's career. As well as being used in many TV advertisements and movies, it has become an influential dance song which has been extensively covered or remixed by numerous artists and has been interpolated or sampled in many other tracks.

Michael Zager Band ~ *Lets All Chant*

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Kiss You All Over" is a 1978 song performed by the group Exile. It was written by Mike Chapman and Nicky Chinn. It was included on the band's album Mixed Emotions, and it featured Jimmy Stokley and guitarist JP Pennington on lead vocals. It was a number one single in the United States, but proved to be Exile's only big hit in the pop rock market (they would later have great success on the country music charts). It held the Number One spot on the Billboard Hot 100 for four weeks (starting September 30), and Billboard ranked it as the No. 5 song for 1978. In the United Kingdom, the song was released on Mickie Most's RAK Records, and it peaked at number 6 in the UK Singles Chart. In this song, a string synthesizer is used. In 2010, Billboard ranked the song ninth on its list of "The 50 Sexiest Songs Of All Time".
Lead vocalist on the song Stokley was ousted from the band in 1979, his health declining thereafter until he died at the age of 41 in 1985. The band moved into country music following the synth-pop success of "Kiss You All Over" and the 1979 follow-on hit "You Thrill Me" (reaching #40 (UK no. 67)) and "How Could This Go Wrong", #88 on the charts. "Take Me Down" peaked at #3 on the Euro Hit 40 in the mid-1980s

Exile ~ Kiss You All Over

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Runaway" is a 1978 song and single by Jefferson Starship, written by Nicholas Q. Dewey for the album Earth. It was the second U.S. Top 40 hit from that album, and was the follow-up to the Top 10 hit "Count On Me". The song peaked at #12 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and number 13 on the Cash Box Top 100.
In Canada, both "Runaway" and its predecessor peaked at number nine. "Runaway" was the 79th biggest Canadian hit of the year, ranking just six positions behind "Count On Me"

Jefferson Starship - Runaway

"Runaway"

You don't know how much I love you
but I love you like the sun
I'd like to put my arms around you
and we could runaway

if you knew how much I miss you
oh and I miss you more and more each day
I'd really like o come and see you
and we could runaway
sun is comin' and it's getting warmer
they tell me spring is just around the corner
I been sitting watchin' all the flowers
birds are singin' getting louder and louder

and here I am missin' you
and here I go I'm lovin' you
run run run run runnin'
if you knew how much I need you
oh and I need you like the air
and if someone should take you from me
well then I'd runaway...

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Little Lies" is a song by the English/American rock band Fleetwood Mac. It was the third single to be taken from their 1987 album Tango in the Night. To date, it is their most recent top 10 hit in the US.
The song was composed by the band's keyboard player and vocalist, Christine McVie and her then-husband Eddy Quintela. When released, the song reached number 1 for four weeks on the Billboard adult contemporary chart and number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 in November 1987. It also hit #5 on the UK Singles Chart. It continues to be played on radio stations as a classic hit of the late '80s, along with "Everywhere" and "Seven Wonders" released a year later. It was also accompanied by a music video, filmed on a farm, in and around its rustic buildings and fields. In "Little Lies" the singer would rather hear little lies than the unhappy truth from her lover, although near the end she admits "We're better off apart. Let's give it a try." Fleetwood Mac was known for singing about the group members' rocky relationships.
The single was also available on the 12-inch format, featuring an extended dance version, a dub version, and the single's B-side, "Ricky", a non-album track penned by Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham. A limited 12-inch picture disc was also released in the UK, and it was also the first Fleetwood Mac single to be issued on the cassette-single format.

Fleetwood Mac ?- Little Lies

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Everytime You Go Away" is a song written and composed by Daryl Hall. It was first recorded in 1980 by the American duo Hall & Oates but was not released as a single. The song became an international hit when covered by English singer Paul Young in 1985. There have also been several other versions of this song.
The original version of "Everytime You Go Away" appeared on Hall & Oates's 1980 studio album, Voices, although it was not released as a single. Hall & Oates also recorded it for their 1985 concert album Live at the Apollo.
English singer Paul Young recorded a cover of "Everytime You Go Away" for his studio album The Secret of Association in 1985. His cover features a combination of echoed piano, the distinctive fretless bass of Pino Palladino and an electric sitar, (Coral) and Ovation Spanish acoustic which were both played by John Turnbull.
Young's version hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 on July 27, 1985 and was one of two top 10 hits he had on the U.S. pop singles chart. It also topped the U.S. adult contemporary chart for two weeks. The song peaked at No. 4 in the UK, Young's home country. The song won Best British Video at the 1986 Brit Awards. It was one of the songs he played at Live Aid.

Paul Young - Every Time You Go Away

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Magic Fly is the first studio album by French band Space. It was released in April 1977 by Disques Vogue. The album reached #11 on the UK Albums Chart and included the hit single of the same name, which had reached #2 on the UK Singles Chart.
The hit single of the same name was used as the main theme of the original Chinese version of Jackie Chan's 1978 film Snake in the Eagle's Shadow (????).

Magic Fly - Space

Last edited: