• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2nd Seat warmer Heng wants a strong mandate in the coming GE from dumb Sinkies for 10 million population!

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
1553836706667.png

1553836729465.png

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why they always want to compare other things with other countries but not their salaries ????

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Dr Liu meant to have some buffer. If you want 6.9 million, plan for a space big enough to house 10 million. He didn’t say bring in 10 million.

Hahaha! Buffer? You expect the PAP govt to build high-rise flats and condos and just keep them unoccupied?

Spoiler alert: they won't be satisfied with 6.9 million. Once certain technologies are obtained, expect floating 'mini-island' towns and underground residential areas.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Dr Liu meant to have some buffer. If you want 6.9 million, plan for a space big enough to house 10 million. He didn’t say bring in 10 million.

Heng wouldn't quote a politically sensitive figure like 10m if that the case.

PAP modus operandi is they will usually get some crony and ally ( academic,ex civil servant,unionists etc) to warm the public to unpopular idea and test water.

if the resistance is overwhelming, they can retreat and claim things like it just a 'planning parameter' . If the opposition is manageable, they will then move forward to the next stage to win public acceptance and implement the idea eventually.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heng wouldn't quote a politically sensitive figure like 10m if that the case.

PAP modus operandi is they will usually get some crony and ally ( academic,ex civil servant,unionists etc) to warm the public to unpopular idea and test water.

if the resistance is overwhelming, they can retreat and claim things like it just a 'planning parameter' . If the opposition is manageable, they will then move forward to the next stage to win public acceptance and implement the idea eventually.
Always the case. Foot-in-door strategy.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It took only 5 million people to stress him so much his brain exploded and he almost died.

Imagine how more stressful it would be with double that number.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's it. up lorry.

bye bye singapore! :cry:

population density not excessive my foot! maybe compared to HK...

I'm quite sure the smaller islands and the northern part of HK are sparsely populated.

Sinkieland, I think you have to go to the SAF live firing area north of Pasir Laba Camp, and maybe a few spots of the central reservoirs, to avoid the crowd.

Damien-Mystic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It took only 5 million people to stress him so much his brain exploded and he almost died.

Imagine how more stressful it would be with double that number.

That's right, can't cope with 5 million, want to talk about 10 million.

Can't have non-chinese PM, want to talk about bringing in more foreigners.

I just can't figure these people out. Then again, maybe is not my place to figure out.