• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2nd Seat warmer Heng wants a strong mandate in the coming GE from dumb Sinkies for 10 million population!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is plain economics... you need talents to build the economy. if you can't get the talents from your own... you import .. look... that's how Silicon Valley is built up. Of course, you need to integrate the imports into the mainstream so that they become a part of the whole fabric of society ... Singapore is unique in the sense that we are not a homogenous society like Japan... we are made up of different races, religions and languages... so, foreigners can get assimilated quite easily into our society because of the diversity.

You call the 1 million Ah Nehs and few hundred thousands of Pinoys talents? They are leeches and depriving sinkees of good paying jobs.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't kid yourself ... the only resource we have is good talents... if we don't have good talents ourselves, we import ... if we don't import good talents, we will go down the drain.

If we import Ah Nehs and Pinoys, we might as well be an Ah Neh state or Pinoy province. Importing these people is a sure way to destroy SINKapore.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one should be daft enough to think that they'll stop at 6.9, 8 or 10 million when all those additional MRT lines are constructed.

Think of MRT lines as the 'skeleton'. En bloc flats and condos and high-rise mixed use buildings are the flesh. Imported FTs are the blood.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we import Ah Nehs and Pinoys, we might as well be an Ah Neh state or Pinoy province. Importing these people is a sure way to destroy SINKapore.
I don’t think the government has no discrimination in bringing in foreign talents. They understand the delicate nature of racial mix, the types of foreign talents and the implications of foreign import to the social fabric of society.

Damien-Mystic

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSK didn't mention about bringing foreigners into the cabinet... you are stretching to extremes ... that 's not even in the Constitution either.

HSK speech to NTU students
Singaporeans need to be open and understanding of foreigners - whether immigrants or workers and students from other countries
( where is government ministers mentioned ? ) - so that they have the confidence to interact with people of all races, languages and cultures from around the world, said Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat.
It will be very negative for Singaporeans to draw an exclusive circle for themselves as Singapore would then have no place in the world.

On the projected population of 6.9 million by 2030, set out in the Government's 2013 Population White Paper, Mr Heng said the number goes beyond how densely populated Singapore would be. The social space is as important.

Singapore's population density is not excessive, he said, noting that other cities are a lot more crowded in terms of liveable space.
He cited former chief planner Liu Thai Ker, who said in 2014 that Singapore should plan for 10 million people for it to remain sustainable in the long term.
Giving an account of a constituent who was not comfortable with having foreigners working in his company, Mr Heng said there lies a "difficult trade-off" of integration Singaporeans have to make.

You have digressed from the main point of our debate.

"HSK didn't mention about bringing foreigners into the cabinet"
. That's obvious. And I never dispute this point. That's obvious too from my preceding posts. Yet you chose to elaborate on this point as if I had disagreed with it.

May I graciously suggest that you are adopting the strawman fallacy on me?

I've seen this fallacy in action many times, often adopted by leaders who have no way out of the situation and yet have to say something to make themselves look good and "know all". Lawyers also use this fallacy in court until cautioned by the judge.

I won't go where you're heading. Enjoy by yourself in your own circular dialogue. Adious ...

meepokboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
10million is crazy! What is the government thinking? Bringing in people will only be pushing your own citizens to extreme corners (or even out of their own country?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't kid yourself ... the only resource we have is good talents... if we don't have good talents ourselves, we import ... if we don't import good talents, we will go down the drain.

Simple but excellent analysis and I am with you on this.

The only thing that confuses me is why whingeing Sinkies are so terrified by "competition" from the very type of people that they think they are much cleverer too and hence, feel justifiably superior to, i.e. the Ah Nehs, Ah Tiongs, Pinoys, etc?

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
We don't need more Ah Nehs ...1 million Ah Nehs here already and see where are the good paying jobs going to? We got no talent, is it?

If Sinkies have talents they won't be losing their jobs to Ah Nehs, Ah Tiongs, Pinoys, etc.

Would you, as a business owner, swap a Sinkie for an Ah Neh/Pinoy/Ah Tiong if that Sinkie is truly talented and the profits and benefits he bring to your business is worth more than, or at least equal to, what you pay him?

The only time I will employ a Sinkie is if I run a business supplying first class whingers and champion whiners. That's where Sinkies natural talents lie.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
You call the 1 million Ah Nehs and few hundred thousands of Pinoys talents? They are leeches and depriving sinkees of good paying jobs.

It's not the fault of these wonderful foreign talents. It's the businesses who are hiring them. It's a simple demand and supply issue.

I am thankful these talents are giving Singapore a chance instead of bypassing Singapore for other countries where their skills and talents are in so much demand.

On behalf of ungrateful Sinkies, thank you very much foreign talents. I pray you make Singapore your permanent home.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's exactly what KFC believes too. :wink:

factory-farming-chicken-egg-adelaide-review.jpg

The other alternative to delivering the economic good in the future instead of hiring more people is through automation and AI.. but we are not the leaders in these fields.
Hence, the govt adopts a 2 pronged approach to sustainable economic growth.. that of first, attracting foreign talents to bring in the know-how and technology and second, developing automation and AI in all our processes from manufacturing to service to reduce labor dependencies as our population ages.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's beside the point. Our entire country is a ponzi built upon an ever-increasing population. The moment the population stops growing eveything will just collapse. What about the future generations of sinkies? Who cares! You die your business!

There is only one Ponzi scheme in the country: CPF

Be like John Tan, run your own successful business independent of government linked contracts or crony politics, and you will not be beholden to CPF.

CPF can implode tomorrow for all I care. That means a fire sale in the country and rich pickings for the vultures.

Be a vulture.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The other alternative to delivering the economic good in the future instead of hiring more people is through automation and AI.. but we are not the leaders in these fields.
Hence, the govt adopts a 2 pronged approach to sustainable economic growth.. that of first, attracting foreign talents to bring in the know-how and technology and second, developing automation and AI in all our processes from manufacturing to service to reduce labor dependencies as our population ages.

Spoiler alert: it won't work. Innovation and creativity withers in an environment without total freedom of speech. It's not just politics, or something 'malcontents' with too much free time do on a hot weekend afternoon in Hong Lim Park.

China? Lots of stolen technology over the years, and some agents are being caught red-handed now. Trump knows exactly what has been happening.

Enjoy your 'sustainable' adventures which inevitably culminate in breaking new world records of population density... perhaps by then the peasants would find their balls and start a revolt as life becomes simply unbearable. Or external circumstances force Sinkieland to relinquish its sovereignty.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple but excellent analysis and I am with you on this.

The only thing that confuses me is why whingeing Sinkies are so terrified by "competition" from the very type of people that they think they are much cleverer too and hence, feel justifiably superior to, i.e. the Ah Nehs, Ah Tiongs, Pinoys, etc?

The locals are terrified for their salaries.

Wages are depressed by cheaper imports, while cost of living increases incessantly.

Can you not see the disconnect from your master's ivory tower? Maybe his teabags are blocking your vision

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spoiler alert: it won't work. Innovation and creativity withers in an environment without total freedom of speech. It's not just politics, or something 'malcontents' with too much free time do on a hot weekend afternoon in Hong Lim Park.

China? Lots of stolen technology over the years, and some agents are being caught red-handed now. Trump knows exactly what has been happening.

Enjoy your 'sustainable' adventures which inevitably culminate in breaking new world records of population density... perhaps by then the peasants would find their balls and start a revolt as life becomes simply unbearable. Or external circumstances force Sinkieland to relinquish its sovereignty.

To start with, we don't even have the kind of creative talents .... we don't have much choice but to bring in the talents... sinkies by and large are not that creative, neither are they daring enough to start something new and innovative ... yes , we have one or two SIm Wong Hoo or Tan Min Liang , but to compete on the world stage, we need Jack Ma, Jeff Bezo, Steve Jobs and the like.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
While a population of 10 million might help the economy it most certainly won't help sanity. Singaporeans will be living like rats in a cage.

I hope IMH builds more wards the country will most certainly need them.

rats-lots.jpg