• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

新三国 New Romance Of The 3 Kingdoms

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
2010050121124985.jpg

I have been watching this in the afternoon.

[video=youtube;KQRV5kWE8f8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQRV5kWE8f8&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL3A752BE17EA1209C[/video]

soo free ah?
no need to work? can shake leg at home?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Stupid But Handsome Yuan Shao

Brother Laksa, series 11 got PC version? Sorry, me 3 years never play PC games liao. Only played maplestory :biggrin:

ROTK 11 have PC version...go download from China website...

looking forward to ROTK 12...hee...at least better than Destiny Warrior 6

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

to be fair Guan Yu knocked off Wen Chou, Yan Liang.

and according to here, he married.

Early life

Guan Yu was born in Xie County, Hedong (present day Yuncheng (运城市), Shanxi). No details of the time of his birth are found in historical records until the lateQing Dynasty, when the tomb of Guan Yu was discovered, bearing some details of his family.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] It was written that Guan Yu was actually born from a family of scholars.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP] His grandfather's name was Guan Shen. His father's name was Guan Yi. Guan Yu was born in the year 160[SUP][citation needed][/SUP], and like his ancestors, often read the classics Book of Changes and Spring and Autumn Annals. He married Lady Hu and his son Guan Ping was born in 178.[SUP][citation needed]

But there is of course, a saying that Guan Ping is adopted.

Guan Yu have another son - Guan Xin.

Zhang Fei - is a brainless dick as portrayed in the novel but it seems he has some brains. He defeat Yan Yan by wits it seems. And he is said to stop Cao Cao troops by his roar / skills to cover their retreat - that's the novel in actual history, prolly din happen

[/SUP]

Guan Yu did take down the heads of Wen Liang and Yan Chou (generals of Yuan Shao camp) and six generals of Cao Cao camp later but he was still no match for Lu Bu. Lu Bu, wild and cruel as he was, did save Liu, Guan, Zhang troops once with his archery skills to scare off Cao Cao troops pursuing them. He was repaid by Zhang Fei beating up father-in-law and in rage, he raided and seized Zhang Fei castle, yet still spared Zhang Fei life when he could have killed him easily.

Liu Bei addressed Lu Bu as big brother Lord (Wen Hou). Further repayment was to come. Liu, Guan, Zhang turned around and allied with Cao Cao from outside and Chen Gong as spy and traitor from inside to capture Lu Bu and his castle. When Lu Bu was captured, all agreed not to spare his life. Now, who's gentlemen?

As for Guan Yu marital or family history, I take it from San Guo Zhi. Later archaelogical discoveries, I'm not sure. Talking about SGZ, an errata to make. I earlier mistyped Lu Bu advisor as Chen Shou, he should be Chen Gong. Cheng Shou was the chronicler of SGZ.

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Guan Yu did take down the heads of Wen Liang and Yan Chou (generals of Yuan Shao camp) and six generals of Cao Cao camp later but he was still no match for Lu Bu. Lu Bu, wild and cruel as he was, did save Liu, Guan, Zhang troops once with his archery skills to scare off Cao Cao troops pursuing them. He was repaid by Zhang Fei beating up father-in-law and in rage, he raided and seized Zhang Fei castle, yet still spared Zhang Fei life when he could have killed him easily.

Liu Bei addressed Lu Bu as big brother Lord (Wen Hou). Further repayment was to come. Liu, Guan, Zhang turned around and allied with Cao Cao from outside and Chen Gong as spy and traitor from inside to capture Lu Bu and his castle. When Lu Bu was captured, all agreed not to spare his life. Now, who's gentlemen?

As for Guan Yu marital or family history, I take it from San Guo Zhi. Later archaelogical discoveries, I'm not sure. Talking about SGZ, an errata to make. I earlier mistyped Lu Bu advisor as Chen Shou, he should be Chen Gong. Cheng Shou was the chronicler of SGZ.

Guan Yu is way over-rated liao, the beheading of 6 Cao generals never happened in real life plus he didn't kill Hua Xiong

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Guan Yu is way over-rated liao, the beheading of 6 Cao generals never happened in real life plus he didn't kill Hua Xiong

Guan Yu was elevated to legendary deity status by Tang Taizong who made use of him to promote the citizenry spirit of kill, kill also must kill for Emperor, die die also must die for Emperor. Tang Taizong also nationalised Budhhism for those not martially inclined to just go and pray and chant, don't talk politics or protest.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good For Camera

winter_shenyang_liaoning_province_china_photo_beijing2008.jpg

What to do, we only have two kinds of weather here - Hot and Rain :biggrin:

The funny thing is the strong lighting that comes from the sun here is a great help for the camera. But, as you know, the northern part of China (ie. Loyang) is often less sunny or quite foggy. The local production's winter scene is often fake.

sangoku.gif

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chi You

Guan Yu was elevated to legendary deity status by Tang Taizong who made use of him to promote the citizenry spirit of kill, kill also must kill for Emperor, die die also must die for Emperor. Tang Taizong also nationalised Budhhism for those not martially inclined to just go and pray and chant, don't talk politics or protest.

monkey_king.jpg

Cantonese worship him as the god of war ? I think the Hokkien version is the monkey god as the god of war. During Chou dynasty time, Qin emperor worshipped Chi You as the god of war before any campaign.

220px-Chi_You.gif

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wen Chou Was Probably Not Kill By Guan Yu

Guan Yu did take down the heads of Wen Liang and Yan Chou (generals of Yuan Shao camp) and six generals of Cao Cao camp later but he was still no match for Lu Bu.

One site mentioned this :

• Historically, Yan Liang was indeed killed by Guan Yu.
  • Historically, Wen Chou was not slain by Guan Yu. Instead, he died at Yan Ford in battle with Cao Cao's troops.
  • Historically, Wen Chou did not duel Guan Yu because he wanted to avenge Yan Liang's death.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm No Bus Driver Hahahaha !

soo free ah?
no need to work? can shake leg at home?

You mean you Sat and Sun have to work ah ? Wah, you taxi or bus driver ? I'm a high ranking official in my com, so I can't understand your language. Even, taxi driver also have freedom to stay at home and watch. You 24/7 hah ? Poor thing.:rolleyes:

I really wish I'm rich enough to shake my legs more often; but not at home, country club level will be nice. :biggrin:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: I'm No Bus Driver Hahahaha !

Anyway since we're on this thread i just want to ask. Is anybody still playing KOEI's ROTK XI?

I tried to install it on my Windows 7 64-BIT OS a few years ago but cannot, anybody has any experience running this game on the same platform?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I'm No Bus Driver Hahahaha !

Anyway since we're on this thread i just want to ask. Is anybody still playing KOEI's ROTK XI?

I tried to install it on my Windows 7 64-BIT OS a few years ago but cannot, anybody has any experience running this game on the same platform?

can lah...it is still sitting in my PC. I running Win 7.