• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

新三国 New Romance Of The 3 Kingdoms

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Poor Looking Guys ?

All are supposed to be of average height according to historical records, about 5-half to 6 feet (British imperial measure). Only two were recorded as 8 feet (ancient Chinese measure) equivalent to between 6 and 7 feet (British imperial measure). Those two were Lu Bu and Guan Yu.
Ehh, what about 許褚? He like quite big size also mah, LOL

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Babes To Watch Out For

Best Zhuge, i think Ramseth will tell you. But for this latest version, Sima Yi, Cao Cao tops all, the rest can fuck off. Except the beauties like Lin Xin Ru and that Diao Chan actress :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Diao_Chan_-_2010TV.jpg

貂蝉 ? Lin Xin Ru ?

1271678703462.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Stupid But Handsome Yuan Shao

I'm quite suspicious about the writer's intention. Zhuge Liang was described as a tall, handsome man. Cao Cao was not described at all, but some people guessed that he might be an average looker. Lu Bu ? Dono about that baddie but Yuan Shao was a handsome man who was so stupid and arrogant that he passed the baton to his most handsome son who was probably liken to him.

Lu Bu was undoubtably top warrior of that era. No record whether chronological nor romanticised recorded him losing a duel. He was an abandoned orphan in jungle fed by wolves, picked up and adopted by Ding Yuan (one of the cabinet ministers then). Then he killed Ding Yuan and defected to Dong Zhuo (the prime minister then) over a warhorse, named Red Rabbit. Then he killed Dong Zhuo too, over a woman named Diao Can (one of four ancient beauties) and claimed lordship over territory himself. Every warrior who challenged him died at his hands, except Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei. But that was an unfair duel, they fought him three against one at Tiger Gate. He met his end when he was betrayed by his advisor Chen Shou to Cao Cao, captured in his sleep and beheaded next afternoon, with full agreement from Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, who were damn scared of him, kill him better.

Liu, Guan, Zhang and Cao were no gentlemen too. They used underhand methods to capture and kill him. Especially, Guan Yu, who took Lu Bu's Red Rabbit horse by grant from Cao Cao on the pretext that he needed to godspeed to meet up with his sworn brothers. The legendary and mythical aura surrounding Guan Yu is full of shit. A gentleman doesn't take another's love or belonging, whether dead or alive. He met his just end too, at the hands of Lu Meng (no relationship) to Lu Bu.

Last edited:

Mercury

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Guan Yu Killed Hua Xiong

I completely agree with what you said. It seems to me China is making something that relates with stirring Chinese nationalism among Chinese people. They even made Mao Zedong look like an angel in their dramas and always showing all his good sides. Although I must admit Chinese dramas have higher budget and more effort put into their dramas, there's full of biased scenes. And many things there showing seems to in someway supports Chinese communism.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I dont know cos I dont watch mandarin crap,,,and no matter what,,,TVB show are better,,even old ATV shows are good too...

You should watch with open mind, then do the comparison..... no need watch drama, watch movie can liao, the latest White Vengeance (Hong Men Yan) is good, China production. The New Romance of Three Kingdoms is a big budget production also.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

imo. equally bad.

PRC period dramas, some still can watch. our tv showed the watchable ones. mainland tv in recent years has a fascination with the sino-japanese war genre dramas, which are really horrible to watch.

So is PRC trying to stir up anti-japanese sentiments?? No wonder Japan still views PRC as a threat to them,,,and have to be honest, its easier for the PRC to make the Japs a threat to divert attention away from the CCPs incompetence,,,,also many people always remember the Japanese occupation and its easier to fan those flames...but also the CCP and Nationalist were no angels during the war tooo

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lu Bu was undoubtably top warrior of that era. No record whether chronological nor romanticised recorded him losing a duel. He was an abandoned orphan in jungle fed by wolves, picked up and adopted by Ding Yuan (one of the cabinet ministers then). Then he killed Ding Yuan and defected to Dong Zhuo (the prime minister then) over a warhorse, named Red Rabbit. Then he killed Dong Zhuo too, over a woman named Diao Can (one of four ancient beauties) and claimed lordship over territory himself. Every warrior who challenged him died at his hands, except Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei. But that was an unfair duel, they fought him three against one at Tiger Gate. He met his end when he was betrayed by his advisor Chen Shou to Cao Cao, captured in his sleep and beheaded next afternoon, with full agreement from Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, who were damn scared of him, kill him better.

Liu, Guan, Zhang and Cao were no gentlemen too. They used underhand methods to capture and kill him. Especially, Guan Yu, who took Lu Bu's Red Rabbit horse by grant from Cao Cao on the pretext that he needed to godspeed to meet up with his sworn brothers. The legendary and mythical aura surrounding Guan Yu is full of shit. A gentleman doesn't take another's love or belonging, whether dead or alive. He met his just end too, at the hands of Lu Meng (no relationship) to Lu Bu.

some say...Guan Yu took over Diao Chan as well after Lu Bu was killed.

Liu Bei is scheming, throughout his entire career, he was leeching on everybody, manipulating everyone else - even until Zhuge Liang came to assist him. He gek gek pretend don't bear to hurt his own surname to get Hanzhong but in the end still got rid of Liu Zhang.

His retribution came when his useless son surrendered to Sima Yi's clan...or rather he is smart?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

say...since we are on this topic...ROTK 12 (or is it 13) out liao or not? Thot coming out soon?

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Liu Bei is scheming, throughout his entire career, he was leeching on everybody, manipulating everyone else - even until Zhuge Liang came to assist him. He gek gek pretend don't bear to hurt his own surname to get Hanzhong but in the end still got rid of Liu Zhang.

His retribution came when his useless son surrendered to Sima Yi's clan...or rather he is smart?
Like his ancestor Liu Bang mah, same surname, LOL

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I dont know cos I dont watch mandarin crap,,,and no matter what,,,TVB show are better,,even old ATV shows are good too...

The best Three Kingdoms and the best Yong Zheng series are by China TV, incidentally both starring Tang Guoqiang (as Zhuge Liang and Yong Zheng).

HK ancient period drama series always got this problem, not enough landscape, scenery and manpower, but always overdressed and overcostumed. Their hairstyles and costumes, my goodness, one look any commonsense can tell it's made up by modern hairdressers and tailors, washed and pressed by modern launderies and irons. Where got such fringe-trimmed, shampooed and conditioned hairstyling and shiny costumes available 2-3,000 years ago, even amongst royalties.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't think it was recorded that Guan Yu took Dian Can. All he wanted was Lu Bu dead (for Lu Bu was a better warrior than him) and the Red Rabbit horse. There wasn't even any record that Guan Yu had ever been married or took consort. He adopted a son. Zhuge Liang was married even before Liu Bei visited him to headhunt him as advisor. He had a son too, but his lineage was cut off after the Liu Shan defeat to Sima Yan and his son was killed in battle.

The Liu family that founded Han China, from Liu Bang to Liu Shan were all useless or scheming, except Han Wudi Liu Che. Liu Bang was clueless as to how to handle Qin Shihuang and Chu Bawang until people like Xiao He, Han Xin, Zhang Liang etc. helped him. Ditto Liu Bei clueless about how to handle Cao Cao and Sun Quan until people like Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun and most of all, Zhu Geliang helped him. But somehow, they were in luck until their times ran out.

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't think it was recorded that Guan Yu took Dian Can. All he wanted was Lu Bu dead (for Lu Bu was a better warrior than him) and the Red Rabbit horse. There wasn't even any record that Guan Yu had ever been married or took consort. He adopted a son. Zhuge Liang was married even before Liu Bei visited him to headhunt him as advisor. He had a son too, but his lineage was cut off after the Liu Shan defeat to Sima Yan and his son was killed in battle.

The Liu family that founded Han China, from Liu Bang to Liu Shan were all useless or scheming, except Han Wudi Liu Che. Liu Bang was clueless as to how to handle Qin Shihuang and Chu Bawang until people like Xiao He, Han Xin, Zhang Liang etc. helped him. Ditto Liu Bei clueless about how to handle Cao Cao and Sun Quan until people like Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun and most of all, Zhu Geliang helped him. But somehow, they were in luck until their times ran out.
Ehh, GuanYu and ZhangFei are useless too, LOL

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The best Three Kingdoms and the best Yong Zheng series are by China TV, incidentally both starring Tang Guoqiang (as Zhuge Liang and Yong Zheng).

HK ancient period drama series always got this problem, not enough landscape, scenery and manpower, but always overdressed and overcostumed. Their hairstyles and costumes, my goodness, one look any commonsense can tell it's made up by modern hairdressers and tailors, washed and pressed by modern launderies and irons. Where got such fringe-trimmed, shampooed and conditioned hairstyling and shiny costumes available 2-3,000 years ago, even amongst royalties.

OK I will keep an open mind,,but I really cannot stand the noise these mandarin speakers make,,,fucking irritating,,,

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ehh, GuanYu and ZhangFei are useless too, LOL

Both were fools, no match for Lu Bu or even Ma Chao in brute fights, no match for Zhuge Liang or Zhou Yu in strategies. Their advantage and fame was of course gained by their early pledging of loyalty to Liu Bei when Liu Bei was a broke noob except for his imperial bloodline. Zhang Fei funded most of Liu Bei early recruitment of troops, procurement of arms by selling out his porkselling business, and Guan Yu trained the troops, that always lost before Zhuge came into the picture.

Cao Cao promoted Guan Yu to Lord rank to try to entice him to defect, but in vain. That was the beginning of the legendary Guan Yu loyalty. After Guan Yuan was killed, Liu Bei (then already proclaimed Emperor) posthumously promoted him to Duke rank. Hence, Guan Gong. Emperor Tang Taizong was the one who posthumously promoted Guan Yu to Emperor rank to encourage loyalty by demonstrating respect to loyalty. Hence, Guan Di.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are you familiar with Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms? I know very little on that 1, except Wu and Yue LOL

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are you familiar with Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms? I know very little on that 1, except Wu and Yue LOL

Wu and Yue were in a different era from the era of north and south dynasties, various dynasties and kingdoms era. Those happened after Jin dynasty (of the Sima family that reunited the 3 kingdoms) fell apart until Sui dynasty reunited China again. Wu and Yue were at the end of the Zhou Spring & Autumn era, about a thousand years earlier. Both didn't survive into the 7 Warring States though. Chu took over both of them. Wu was temporarily resurrected in the 3 Kingdoms by Sun Ce and sustained by his brother Sun Quan as you as an ROTK fan should know well, they traced their ancestry to Warring State Wu nobility.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wu and Yue were in a different era from the era of north and south dynasties, various dynasties and kingdoms era. Those happened after Jin dynasty (of the Sima family that reunited the 3 kingdoms) fell apart until Sui dynasty reunited China again. Wu and Yue were at the end of the Zhou Spring & Autumn era, about a thousand years earlier. Both didn't survive into the 7 Warring States though. Chu took over both of them. Wu was temporarily resurrected in the 3 Kingdoms by Sun Ce and sustained by his brother Sun Quan as you as an ROTK fan should know well, they traced their ancestry to Warring State Wu nobility.
wah, i blur liao....

So this map is wrong? This is not Five Dynasties Ten Kingdoms map?

Five_Dynasties_Ten_Kingdoms_923_CE.png