• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Signs that you are getting OLD (SAF version)

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal

You know you are getting old, if during your NS days:

• You were trained to use M16 and have no idea what SAR21 is.

[*]You used a metal tray for meals, and you had to wash them after use.

[*]You were "served" by army regulars (who will show you a fcuk face and scold you for not holding your tray properly) during mealtimes in cookhouse.

[*]Your sergeant was simply know as "Sergeant", and has only 3-stripes.

[*]You did not hear of any NSman "dying suddenly".

[*]You were known as the "second-generation thinking soldiers".

[*]You had to do "area cleaning" every morning.

[*]You were ferried from one place to another in 3-tonners, not air-con buses.

[*]You had to Q to use the public phone whenever you have to make a call.

[*]Your combat rations consisted of "dog biscuits" + canned sardines + canned pork cubes.

[*]You wear dog-tags because you were told to do so and had no choice; not because it was "fashionable".

[*]You were issued those cheapo china-made black PT shoes (and yet you were able to pass IPPT using them).

:biggrin:

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMO, all the practices you mentioned above should be reinstated. Nowadays the NSFs have it so good I feel it defeats the purpose of NS.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still had a few of those, that were mentioned above, when I was in there in 2006. I don't know how many of those I went through are still in existence though.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

[*]You were "served" by army regulars (who will show you a fcuk face and scold you for not holding your tray properly) during mealtimes in cookhouse.

[*]Your combat rations consisted of "dog biscuits" + canned sardines + canned pork cubes.

[*]You wear dog-tags because you were told to do so and had no choice; not because it was "fashionable".

[*]You were issued those cheapo china-made black PT shoes (and yet you were able to pass IPPT using them).

How many of these are still around? Sorry as I've been out of the army for a while and I only did about 2 reservist training as I managed to keng my way out of it. :p

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u mean now soldier no need to do area cleaning?

During the old days, must use RPL during book in and book out from Tekong.

now SAF everything also safety first, 5 tonner can only eat on the benches, no more sitting on the deck. That mean can only load 30+ (NSmen mostly fat type) in a single trip. I always remember BMT time, 50+ are loaded on board 3 tonner on book out nite from camp 3 to jetty to wait for RPL.:eek:

damn, suddenly feel old, my next incamp will be my last, finally can MR and no more IPPT and standby.:biggrin:

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>Your combat rations consisted of "dog biscuits" + canned sardines + canned pork cubes.<<<

What the hell is THIS?!?

I can't even bring Bak Kwa to camp!!!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please add:

you oggled at the cafetaria ah soh with lust because she's the only woman in the camp.

you carried a made-in-china plastic mug for brushing the teeth, drinking tap water, cooking instant noodles, drinking some lame diluted beverage from the chow line, and slurping up night snack.

you wore no. 4 uniform that was meant for colder climate and had a rubbery inner lining which caused heatstroke during a 10k run.

you wore a ww2 american helmet.

skeleton battle order (sbo) was called "the bra".

the fucking shorts were all blue and made in china.

stand by bed had safety pins all under the bedsheet.

and there's more of course.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone from the old Terror camp in Sembawang during Sept 82 intake? Limpeh Echo company...remember got this gal who comes around in a white van collecting laundry...her name if i can recall is Joanne...very cute looking gal...hehehe though got chance to up her once when she accepted my invitation for date...but end up she brought me to her church at Marine Parade...hallelujah...amen...:(:(:(

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do soldiers nowadays still:

* use jack-knife to cut grass..?
* run up Peng Kang Hill
* have to perform guard duty at the towers (there are 3 towers, of which one is haunted)
*run round the parade square as a form of punishment..?
* & many others..

Yes. The old practices should be re-instated in order to avoid the new generation of NS boys being turned into "neng ka ping"

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you tried to "cleanse" her for her "evil" cult practice?

Anyone from the old Terror camp in Sembawang during Sept 82 intake? Limpeh Echo company...remember got this gal who comes around in a white van collecting laundry...her name if i can recall is Joanne...very cute looking gal...hehehe though got chance to up her once when she accepted my invitation for date...but end up she brought me to her church at Marine Parade...hallelujah...amen...:(:(:(

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you tried to "cleanse" her for her "evil" cult practice?

"Cleanse" her? I kin kah kin chew run away..... the next time she came round and ask me if i was free on the following Sunday...limpeh tell her kena guard duty:biggrin::biggrin:

but then who knows hor...maybe if i joined this cult i could be another of those rich Pastor by now....just by saying

"Hallelujah Praise the Lord...Jesus Love you"...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>Your combat rations consisted of "dog biscuits" + canned sardines + canned pork cubes.<<<

What the hell is THIS?!?

I can't even bring Bak Kwa to camp!!!

only applicable to camp that had muslim soldiers. ie, Infantry and Guards. During my BMT at Tekong also not allow, DI tell stories of kenna process by Hantu because eat pork bun in bunk. But after POP, kenna posted to armour, there can immediately know that racial harmony are bullshit as there no muslim there. There the trainers will indoctrine everyone that cannot trust muslim, a strictly chinese only unit, even the indians are for HQ company only, none in combat team. Even the cookhouse didnt not cater to muslim, always remember that "enemy battlion" NCOs came for briefing for Atec, some of them are malays, which mean no food for them as they refuse vegetarian food so lan lan had to use landrover to send them back to their unit for lunch then come back in the afternoon for additional briefing.Oh yeah, in Sungei Gedong, nobody give a hoot about eating pork inside bunk.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you ever want to meet her again after that?

"Cleanse" her? I kin kah kin chew run away..... the next time she came round and ask me if i was free on the following Sunday...limpeh tell her kena guard duty:biggrin::biggrin:

but then who knows hor...maybe if i joined this cult i could be another of those rich Pastor by now....just by saying

"Hallelujah Praise the Lord...Jesus Love you"...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also last time where got bread from Top, the bread was so rough can use them as sandpaper. heard from old birds that the bread were made by inmates of changi prison and the bedsheets and pillow case were also washed by them. Wonder now still got bedsheet I/C or not?:biggrin: