• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finally Our NEWSPAPER Report SOME TRUTH. $4K A Mth SALARY Not Enuff In S'pore.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fri, Apr 30, 2010
The New Paper
http://static.divaasia.com/action/PageImage/30042010093748/8828.jpg
Young children left to fend for themselves at home
by Veena Bharwani

WHEN the baby cries, Wati (not her real name) picks him up and comforts him.

She then makes some milk for the one-year-old boy and feeds him from a bottle.

It is a tender, motherly routine. Except that Wati is not the tot's mother.

Wati is eight years old.

With help from her brother, nine-year-old Ali (not his real name), Wati takes care of her two younger siblings, a one-year-old boy and a three-year-old girl.

The four children are left to themselves throughout the day because both parents have to work, in a desperate bid to keep up with mounting bills. We are not identifying the family as the children are minors.

This has been going on for months. The children mostly fend for themselves on weekdays. And the two older kids are frequently absent from school.

Liza, the 28-year-old mother, said she got pregnant too young, at 19, and because of pride, was unwilling to get help early.

Her plight is typical of problems faced by some families. It is an issue that was raised in Parliament yesterday.

Liza's family is in a dilemma because their combined income of about $4,000 rules them out for financial aid.

She is an administrative assistant, and her 29-year-old husband is a deliveryman.

Usually, only families with a monthly income of less than $450 per person can get aid.

They are in debt because Liza quit her job four years ago to look after her kids and her husband's pay wasn't enough to meet the monthly instalment for their HDB flat.

They can't turn to their parents to look after the children because of "personal conflicts".
To complicate matters, it appears that Liza's husband hits her.

Neighbours who alerted The New Paper to the family's plight said they have heard loud arguments and Liza screaming for help.

Liza herself declined to comment on this.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems to me like those sort of families that will die die buy a weekend car as well, even if their salary clearly cannot afford it.:cool:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems to me like those sort of families that will die die buy a weekend car as well, even if their salary clearly cannot afford it.:cool:

If you v free, u can scour around HDB estates and check out the carparks. Those carparks full of 'RED plates' aka weekend cars will indicate the majority race staying there. :biggrin:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Donch worry, our #1 main-stream' highly credible' and 'always inquisitive and truthful' newspaper, as well as a MIW, will soon dig out the truth that this family actually had refused aid-assistence, and that they do have huge amount of mola hidden somewhere.

There are no poor people in the country. those found sleeping in tunnels and underpass had make a big pile from their high asset-worth property.

Mr. Mah had already said so many times that it is very affordable to buy a HDB and that recent surveys prove a very happy, very pleasant and happening environment in this citystate. He cannot be wrong viewing the situation from his ivory tower.

Anyone buy any of those statements ?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr. Mah had already said so many times that it is very affordable to buy a HDB and that recent surveys prove a very happy, very pleasant and happening environment in this citystate. He cannot be wrong viewing the situation from his ivory tower.Anyone buy any of those statements ?

His statement is valid....but he didn't say for who. hehe....told u short ppl v cunning liao!

hypocrite999

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Frens,

to be honest I really do not have sympathy for such people. They cannot afford it than have 4 kids and get 'banged' up at 19 etc. Now the children suffer and they suffer with them.

As such, what do you expect the state to do? give them welfare? than have 6 kids? When I was young, I was taught to be responsible to family. This is just iresponsibility.

They should not have other kids after the 1st one. 1st one might be as they young etc, but to have 3 more after that? they are irresponsible and no one else should pick up their tab.

Maybe the state should remove the kids from them, put in 'foster' care, (if any in singapore) till they are of stable footing, than the kids can go back to them.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>They can't turn to their parents to look after the children because of "personal conflicts". <<

Wow no need to pay parents allowance, still money no enough wor. This type of people can help?

Once again....a simple gesture will do..... :oIo:

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Frens,

to be honest I really do not have sympathy for such people. They cannot afford it than have 4 kids and get 'banged' up at 19 etc. Now the children suffer and they suffer with them.

As such, what do you expect the state to do? give them welfare? than have 6 kids? When I was young, I was taught to be responsible to family. This is just iresponsibility.

They should not have other kids after the 1st one. 1st one might be as they young etc, but to have 3 more after that? they are irresponsible and no one else should pick up their tab.

Maybe the state should remove the kids from them, put in 'foster' care, (if any in singapore) till they are of stable footing, than the kids can go back to them.

My sentiments exactly. And I think we can safely assume the race of this unfortunate family...

hypocrite999

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah,

and isnt there a 'boys home' etc whereby the kids can go to and get food and lodging and education and go to their parents during weekends etc? maybe that is what the parents should do for their kids, dont let the kids suffer because of their mistakes.

Also I think such people should not be allowed to breed..and maybe issuing 'breeding licences' would be good for society as a whole...

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember during my JC days, I paid $11.00 as school fees while my Mat friend paid only $5.00. And at the Sarabat stall, my Mat friend would always receive a bigger portion. At McDonald's if the staff was a Mat, my Mat friend would have his French fries overflowing the tray.

So it's not a problem for them to have 4 kids. And Mats don't normally buy 4-room flats. It's either Maisonette or 5-room.

gerard126333

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>They can't turn to their parents to look after the children because of "personal conflicts". <<

Wow no need to pay parents allowance, still money no enough wor. This type of people can help?

Once again....a simple gesture will do..... :oIo:

Yeah bro, these ppl want to shiok, but after shiok liao, baby come out,
then complain $ no enough..... :rolleyes:

darthboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't want to give too much info away.

If anyone of you pay attention to your monthly letters of amount owing from Singtel/M1/Starhub, you'll see this part at the bottom which can be detached.

Notice the uncanny resemblance to a cheque? Notice how the lady at Singpost tears off the bottom, stamps the front (and back?), then keeps the cheque? All you get back in return in the worthless top portion.

It is my understanding that all Chief Financial Officers of large corporations know this.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So why did they have 4 kids?

Because Kuan Yew says population not breeding enough, must have MORE babies. These people have done their national duty, they have incurred debt and hardship to have more kids. If every family were to do the same like them and have 4 kids, there will be no need to import all these FT trash running around. What have you done to save us from FT trash?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yeah,

and isnt there a 'boys home' etc whereby the kids can go to and get food and lodging and education and go to their parents during weekends etc? maybe that is what the parents should do for their kids, dont let the kids suffer because of their mistakes.

Also I think such people should not be allowed to breed..and maybe issuing 'breeding licences' would be good for society as a whole...

They were asked to breed, you moron. Have you not seen the PAP leadership lamentations going back years now that our population is not replacing itself and we are not breeding enough, and not enough NSmen, etc.? They have used this reason to import all these FTs you see running around. If every one had 4 kids, there will be no FTs. What have u done for your country?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from what i read, they used to earn 4k combine, but she quit the job, so now they have a single salary, he is delivery man, so now less than half.

she cannot get aids from gov now, because, in the past they earn 4k combine.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because their relationship soured and he started hitting her. if not, they would have had 3 more kids.

Actually he hit her for giving birth to so many kids when they cannot afford it. Nothing to do with him after all the fun he had.

This prove condom or contraceptive is an alien to him.

We may be reading news soon that they will be forming a soccer team very soon. At least they may win big money if they utlimately win the S-League or better still, like the top division team in Europe :eek:.