• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finally Our NEWSPAPER Report SOME TRUTH. $4K A Mth SALARY Not Enuff In S'pore.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4K is before taxes or after taxes?

what about adjusting for rents/mortgage payments and utilities?

Assuming combine income before tax, 1 pax earn probably around 2K - Tax Rebates = No income Tax. Unless U earn >$2500 U should not have to pay tax and even if U earn close to 3K you should not have to pay more then $200-300 income tax so its negliable

Gross - CPF 20% = $3200

How big do you think their house is, unless they are living in a condo or a 5rm flat near town, CPF should be able to cover most of the house installments(I am of coz assuming they didn't buy their house within the last 1-2 years), lets say they are crazy enough to buy a house near town and still needs to put 400 on top of what they contribute from CPF

So its mainly down to Utility bills. Utility bills for a family of 5 cannot be more then $250 - 300 unless they turn on the aircon all day everyday. Even my home PC which is turned on all day everyday and aircon running all night doesn't reach $300 a month but lets take the higher figure anyway.

Transportation per month for working parent, I am taking a higher figure of $5 a day so 150 * 2 = 300

Net Pay - So monthly installment - Utilities - Transport = $2200

Total per pax per month $2200/5 = $440

So each person should get about $440 per month to spend on food which I think is more then enough for most pple unless they visit restaurants very often. Not much but it's not that bad either. Take note that I am also taking most figures on the high side so they should be a bit better off then the above scenario.

But seriously, U dun earn that much dun make so many freaking children!!!!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Char_Azn!

I love your calculations. It would be the same way the SCUMS would calculate using our 154th to say can easily survive in VERY EXPENSIVE SINGAPORE.

But do not forget things like medical bills and other unforeseen expenses.

Once you get hit by just ONE unforeseen expense, even the best savers in Singapore can go haywire after that.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF SAVING WHEN EVERYTHING GOES TO THE SCUMS SOONER THAN LATER?

How many workers in Singapore have savings
left from their low wages?

INCREASE IN GST, TRANSPORT, MEDICAL BILLS ETC?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi Char_Azn!

I love your calculations. It would be the same way the SCUMS would calculate using our 154th to say can easily survive in VERY EXPENSIVE SINGAPORE.

Once you get hit by just ONE unforeseen expense, even the best savers in Singapore can go haywire after that.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF SAVING WHEN EVERYTHING GOES TO THE SCUMS SOONER THAN LATER?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

but the problem is, you only shout in the forum and no balls to shout outside in front of the ministers. Gees.. that only happens in sinkieland and among the sinkies.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
If memory serves me right, I've heard that contraception is not allowed in the Muslim faith??? NO condoms, no IUD, no pills, no coitus interruptus? Anyone here can verify?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Char_Azn!

I was doing a quick calculation on whether 4K is enough for a family of 5. As U can see it proved that it is doable, $4K is barely enough I never said they will live in a lap of luxury, I said it's enough. U totally ignore the fact that I mentioned that shouldn't make so many children :oIo::oIo:

Assuming they only have 2 kids instead of 4. They will have an extra 880 per month. My yearly premium for medical insurance that fully pays for any of my hospitalization bills = $300. I don't see how they cannot get that too. They can easily take another $400 - 500 a month to spend on Retirement\investment\insurance additional cover outside of hospital charges(for long term illness treatments). That should leave them with extra cash of about 300 - 400 per month and no need to worry about retirement or medical bills.

The problem comes back to the fact that they freaking made too many kids

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If memory serves me right, I've heard that contraception is not allowed in the Muslim faith??? NO condoms, no IUD, no pills, no coitus interruptus? Anyone here can verify?

I thought only Catholics don't allow condoms.
Question
As Salaam Walikum Sir
I am sorry to ask can i use condom with my wife because with the grace of ALLAH i have one child at present i dont want another so please tell me can i use or not?
And if not tell me what is the way not to have a child now because the frist child is not at complete one years aslo
please give me proper islamic way

Jazak ALLAH kahir
MOHAMMED

Answer
Yes, you may use temporary contraception, like condoms, to space yur children. Doing so isn't taking a child's life which what is condemned. 17:31 Kill not your children for fear of want: We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you. Verily the killing of them is a great sin.
Also for the mother's health you may use condoms- there is no harming of oneself in Islam.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Islam-947/Condom.htm

Doesn't look like muslims have issues with condoms

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
These are choices you make in life. 4k is not enough for 4 kids and you cannot complain that you do not have enough as you do not live within your means.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought only Catholics don't allow condoms.

Doesn't look like muslims have issues with condoms

I guess what I've heard is old version, it shows that they are capable of adapting to modern society. So no reason for so many off-springs. Funny thing is one tend to see 3-5 kids on tow by a young Malay couple.