• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
not G&G one right? e road single line.

d-serambi is not bad, G&G one. look quite nice. the road is lined by tall trees, 2 lanes road (that mean 2 lane go, 2 lane the other way). is nice. next time you free can jio me go limkopi there.
perling jln undan is the non G&G one. semidee 700k can find..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I also understand that Perling has more 友族, but not really so in D'Serambi itself, which has surprisingly, quite a high % of SG Malays....

akcherly i remmber perling used to be a lot of local chinese moving there in 80s... recently i tot i saw quite a lot of chinese shop and people there?? am i mistaken?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother, That ONLY because JB is next to Sinkieland is a damned importantly ONLY! This is the biggest LOCATION advantage. If JB is adjacent to London, it would even be more fantastic!

And with the advantage of building from virgin vacant land, proper master planning & bigger space for the estates and houses could be undertaken as being panned out in JB. Singapore & KL don't have that kind of luxury. As you can see, aside of Sentosa Cove and Nassim Hill, No housing estates in S'pore come close to some of the very beautiful developments in JB. Even the very famous Bukit Timah area is just so so in comparison, because they don't have large swathes of land to plan a master development. JB is going to develop into a very beautiful place because of the support of wealth factor from S'pore which other parts of M'sia are not enjoying.

no way jb will be better than bukit timah. not in the next 20-30 year anyway.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
d-serambi is not bad, G&G one. look quite nice. the road is lined by tall trees, 2 lanes road (that mean 2 lane go, 2 lane the other way). is nice. next time you free can jio me go limkopi there.
perling jln undan is the non G&G one. semidee 700k can find..

ya, i saw e new hse along the single lane main perling rd (@ e junction). looks nice. (no sure whether is it tat one..but got mosques there too.)

wow..now u cheong for 700k semiD liao..eyes opened.:p

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
no way jb will be better than bukit timah. not in the next 20-30 year anyway.

Just Senibong Cove alone finds no comparable developments in Bukit Timah in beauty and environment, not to talk about including Puteri Harbour and other many other magnificent real estate developments around JB and along the coastal stretch of Johore Straits. It's beyond comparison really!

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya, i saw e new hse along the single lane main perling rd (@ e junction). looks nice. (no sure whether is it tat one..but got mosques there too.)

wow..now u cheong for 700k semiD liao..eyes opened.:p

the 700k semid is no G&G one wor. different type of house. is matured old taman house. no lah, k-po only. one house enuff...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just Senibong Cove alone finds no comparable developments in Bukit Timah in beauty and environment, not to talk about including Puteri Harbour and other many other magnificent real estate developments around JB and along the coastal stretch of Johore Straits. It's beyond comparison really!

well... glad you like it. in that case you must be ecstatic becuase the price is 1/10 of bukit timah price. i prefer bukit timah :smile: got prettier ladies.

Last edited:

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
well... glad you like it. in that case you must be ecstatic becuase the price is 1/10 of bukit timah price. i prefer bukit timah :smile: got prettier ladies.

Well, My wife is from Bukit Timah. She is pretty all right. Ha ha! What I meant was the bulk of Bukit Timah developments were built a few decades ago with old designs and inferior planning. Newer ones were developed in little pockets here and there without the benefits of having a large piece of vacant land for proper vast plans, On top of that, later developments were done when land prices were already quite high. Thus maximising of land usage was top priority, thus compromising the aesthetics of the developments. It's just like old estates anywhere. You are stuck with the old stocks of houses and designs. Nothing much can be done about it. JB has the luxury of starting almost from a clean slate. And a lot of the projects are already sold and under process of construction; it is not just on the drawing board. I reckon within next 5 years, the face of JB/Iskandar will be vastly changed. It will be very beautiful. It's hard for Singapore to compare.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, My wife is from Bukit Timah. She is pretty all right. Ha ha! What I meant was the bulk of Bukit Timah developments were built a few decades ago with old designs and inferior planning. Newer ones were developed in little pockets here and there without the benefits of having a large piece of vacant land for proper vast plans, On top of that, later developments were done when land prices were already quite high. Thus maximising of land usage was top priority, thus compromising the aesthetics of the developments. It's just like old estates anywhere. You are stuck with the old stocks of houses and designs. Nothing much can be done about it. JB has the luxury of starting almost from a clean slate. And a lot of the projects are already sold and under process of construction; it is not just on the drawing board. I reckon within next 5 years, the face of JB/Iskandar will be vastly changed. It will be very beautiful. It's hard for Singapore to compare.

yes i know what you mean about green field planning. However, you forget that it is important who is planning. i'm not so confident of msia planning. for eg they may put a factory beside your multi million dollar house. or the pretty river that flow through your development may suddenly become polluted due to dumping upstream (it's boleh land, after all.) so i prefer singapore. no need to talk about BT even. i'm glad you like malaysia so much, though. to me malaysia is only about cheaper cost of living and relax. that rougly translates to cheaper landed house, 'freehold' car (haha) and i can smoke any damn where i please. that's about it! oh, yeah. and the cheaper chinese food.

Last edited:

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
New vast, coordinated planned development in Singapore is at the Marina Bay. It's beautiful, but they are office towers which could extract higher economic value from the land. It could't allocate, and probably doesn't have relatively massive land for a new planned residential/township development anymore, unless they want to do that at Pulau Ubin or Pulau Tekong.

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes i know what you mean about green field planning. However, you forget that it is important who is planning. i'm not so confident of msia planning. for eg they may put a factory beside your multi million dollar house. or the pretty river that flow through your development may suddenly become polluted due to dumping upstream (it's boleh land, after all.) so i prefer singapore. no need to talk about BT even. i'm glad you like malaysia so much, though. to me malaysia is only about cheaper cost of living and relax. that rougly translates to cheaper landed house, 'freehold' car (haha) and i can smoke any damn where i please. that's about it! oh, yeah. and the cheaper chinese food.

The factor I value most is space. When I first came to Singapore in the '80s with about 3 million population. It was very nice. Now it is as bad as Hong Kong, and certain parts of City more crowded than Hong Kong. Like other brothers and sisters say, I had better prepare to "run road" to a place where I can breathe easier. Iskandar with 3 times the size, but projected to hold 3 million people by 2025-- that's nice.

rainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha Ha! And if you want to experience the Singapore of '80s and '90s, you have to go across the causeway, where many of your neighbours in your new housing estates and in the malls will be people "like you" driving S plates. Coming back to S'pore will be like going to China, South continent or don't know where! My wife, being a Sinkie feels that way. You still believe what you just said?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha Ha! And if you want to experience the Singapore of '80s and '90s, you have to go across the causeway, where many of your neighbours in your new housing estates and in the malls will be people "like you" driving S plates. Coming back to S'pore will be like going to China, South continent or don't know where! My wife, being a Sinkie feels that way. You still believe what you just said?

ummm.. who? me? sorry, bro.. i thought discussion over.
yup. i prefer singapore, hands down. only it's too expensive. to each his own la, different people have different taste.
next to that i prefer KL. but it's also exp already.
jb is third choice. but my future house is 30km from my present apartment. OK la. not a bad plan.
btw u bot in nusajaya side? BI arrh?

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is too expensive and crowded for me. Planning to retire in JB. Hope to drive around to explore more and enjoy more authentic food.

I can't do that in Singapore with car ownership so expensive, roads so congested and parking so tough. Food wise it is getting more difficult to enjoy as hawkers and restaurants cut cost by using cheaper substitutes and lots of seasoning to cover the lack of original good ingredients.

Best period of Singapore in 1980s and early 1990s are over.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the 80s and 90s I am so poor that to me that period is the most expensive and unaffordable in my lifetime. How ironic life can be?

Now I find Singapore affordable and Malaysia is cheap.

The key is to outpace inflation.....

Singapore is too expensive and crowded for me. Planning to retire in JB. Hope to drive around to explore more and enjoy more authentic food.

I can't do that in Singapore with car ownership so expensive, roads so congested and parking so tough. Food wise it is getting more difficult to enjoy as hawkers and restaurants cut cost by using cheaper substitutes and lots of seasoning to cover the lack of original good ingredients.

Best period of Singapore in 1980s and early 1990s are over.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the 80s and 90s I am so poor that to me that period is the most expensive and unaffordable in my lifetime. How ironic life can be?

Now I find Singapore affordable and Malaysia is cheap.

The key is to outpace inflation.....

I was referring to the quality of the environment. Things seem to have deteriorated badly.