• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know Bumi lots are much much cheaper. If you want to know why, just ask for a copy of the property title. It is so restrictive its not funny. Even the local council will delay the approval for Bumi selling to non bumi in the name of protecting the Bumi. If I were you, I wont even bother to waste a single minute considering. You bought cheap, pls be prepared to sell cheap and harder to sell too....Waste of time!

Anyone knows if there are future implications if you buy a bumi lot unit now?

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know Bumi lots are much much cheaper. If you want to know why, just ask for a copy of the property title. It is so restrictive its not funny. Even the local council will delay the approval for Bumi selling to non bumi in the name of protecting the Bumi. If I were you, I wont even bother to waste a single minute considering. You bought cheap, pls be prepared to sell cheap and harder to sell too....Waste of time!

But I thought once it is converted to international lot, everything else is the same????

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, well said and well put. Not to worry about the security, i already took precautions as soon as i found the person behaving strangely. We already know what needs to be known, just that i always like to give people an escape route unless they really force my hand. :smile:

sometimes hor..maybe yr wife 谈心 too much with her hor... then she knows all about her weaknesses, wealth hor n where u staying lor.
slowly slowly..start to red red eyes liao lor.. onion (37).gif

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Developer is applying for me for bumi-release. So it is similar to international lot once it is approved?

Yes, if its confirmed released then its the same but only buy once you get the conversion, don't let the statement "But but if its sold to another bumi subsequently, then it becomes back to bumi" affect you as it only applies to the next owner after you sold it. (assuming you are buying for investments)

Last edited:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, if its confirmed released then its the same but only buy once you get the conversion, don't let the statement "But but if its sold to another bumi subsequently, then it becomes back to bumi" affect you as it only applies to the next owner after you sold it. (assuming you are buying for investments)

Ok thanks. I was told that the lawyer will hold the first 10% in trust pending the release approval. Is this correct?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The project is still under construction but all international units are sold. The bumi-lots are being released now.

From a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Please don't ever touch it to 10 as PLEASE BUY RIGHT NOW!!!
Normal units = 5-7. Bumi Lots = 0 but Bumi Release Lots (assuming all paperwork legit) = 9

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok thanks. I was told that the lawyer will hold the first 10% in trust pending the release approval. Is this correct?

It depends on developers but normally yes. Also, Developer will normally refund you IN FULL if the release is not approved or someone grabbed it before the conversion is done.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi256 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.:biggrin:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh... kinda Sad for me! As for now, it seems like i have to put my dreams to purchase my retirement house in JB for hold. Due to my wife still have alot of doubts like reno fees, etc..etc..btw she always changes her mind frequently when come to big decision. I just hope for the best then! Which i had tried to convinced her that not to worried coz i told her im willing to work very hard to get that money and i know i can make it. The reason why i so eager to buy is that i worry if i dont buy now next time will be more harder to buy due to our age, housing price soars and the minimum requirement amount for foreigner may adjust to higher which seems possible due to the current market situation. Very Sad i must say..i dont want to argue with her coz i want a peaceful agreedment so that in future no want is to blame what so ever arise. I know is not end of the world coz i still have my so call HDB to dwell in but it really different. Buying a house in JB be it an investment, a Weekend house or for Retirement im sure end of the day we will not lose out. This is what i call second opinion or option for a average class singaporean like me to hope for. Nevertheless, again i will not give up and will try to educate my wife to have a open mind.

Ofcoz i will still logging on into this wonderful forum. Cheers!

Wish me luck..money luck hahahaha!:smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi DWKY9

Sorry to hear that , as for reno fees , u can do it slowly as what wuqi told us afterall its a freehold , jus get e basics done ...
Maybe another approach , bring her to jb more often like movies , shopping , massage , beauty services and makan etc , maybe by then it will be her asking u to buy jb house liao .
If last yr i didnt listen to Wuqi to buy and wait till this yr , I have to pay extra RM100k for NI house liao ...

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a positive note, take this chance to build up savings for downpayment in the event your wife change her mind in the near future.
If i recall, you mentioned that getting the downpayment right now is a problem.

Last edited:

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi DWKY9

Sorry to hear that , as for reno fees , u can do it slowly as what wuqi told us afterall its a freehold , jus get e basics done ...
Maybe another approach , bring her to jb more often like movies , shopping , massage , beauty services and makan etc , maybe by then it will be her asking u to buy jb house liao .
If last yr i didnt listen to Wuqi to buy and wait till this yr , I have to pay extra RM100k for NI house liao ...

Yes, DWKY9,
Take it from Crystal . Bring her over few times for sight -seeing at the newer established developments while on shopping sprees . Throw her a few comments now n then on positive aspects of getting a property in IM . Cheer up.Dont give up as yet. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.