• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarencesim

Alfrescian
Loyal
From a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Please don't ever touch it to 10 as PLEASE BUY RIGHT NOW!!!
Normal units = 5-7. Bumi Lots = 0 but Bumi Release Lots (assuming all paperwork legit) = 9

I think rules apply both to developers/house owner. Bumi lots will be released if seller unable to get local buyer after advertise 3 times in local newspaper like Utusan Malaysia. You must show prove to the government before they release to International lot

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a positive note, take this chance to build up savings for downpayment in the event your wife change her mind in the near future.
If i recall, you mentioned that getting the downpayment right now is a problem.

DWKY9, Ming Chye has a good n practical point here . Btw, perhaps she is worried about the big chunk of money involved n the financial aspect of such an investment. How about opting for a less pricey but just as good property in a less pricey development to allay her worries? Myself though I am very attracted to some of the uppity deveopments am just going for a small ,modest property and almost nil renovations.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi DWKY9

Sorry to hear that , as for reno fees , u can do it slowly as what wuqi told us afterall its a freehold , jus get e basics done ...
Maybe another approach , bring her to jb more often like movies , shopping , massage , beauty services and makan etc , maybe by then it will be her asking u to buy jb house liao .
If last yr i didnt listen to Wuqi to buy and wait till this yr , I have to pay extra RM100k for NI house liao ...

Hi Sis, As i had told her that too..we can do it slowly but she just said no..see how first
! Well Atleast may still stand achance for buying..My wife is not that kind of shopping person..what she love is cooking so kitchen will be a important area for her to purchase if theres one house in mind. I even show her the picture of NI 8 house kitchen much more bigger..then she said Reno fees how? I said do it slowly , get the house first coz it freehold no need to rush. Sigh she just do get it.:(

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a positive note, take this chance to build up savings for downpayment in the event your wife change her mind in the near future.
If i recall, you mentioned that getting the downpayment right now is a problem.

Yes bro, This is what im doing now even though now she may not agreed with it. Lets see how.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm , then yr case a bit hard le ...
y dun u tell her buy for investment first ?
NI kitchen big meh ? cant put island in it leh ....

Last edited:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, DWKY9,
Take it from Crystal . Bring her over few times for sight -seeing at the newer established developments while on shopping sprees . Throw her a few comments now n then on positive aspects of getting a property in IM . Cheer up.Dont give up as yet. Good luck.

Haha Thanks Ms Trii, We had been going in afew times liao even middle of the night she said she wanted to eat supper i even drive her in to fullfill her request. And i even told her how wonderfull if we live there..she just keep quiet:(

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
DWKY9,

It is better to proceed when comfortable with the finance, after all this is a property purchase. To start living in a new place also takes adjustment, which will add to the stress. Have to see from her point of view too.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
DWKY9, Ming Chye has a good n practical point here . Btw, perhaps she is worried about the big chunk of money involved n the financial aspect of such an investment. How about opting for a less pricey but just as good property in a less pricey development to allay her worries? Myself though I am very attracted to some of the uppity deveopments am just going for a small ,modest property and almost nil renovations.

Yes agreed with you and mingchye. You see we love HH but becoz of the prices and the downpayment thats why we give it a miss, then one of the good bro here PM me about Setia Eco Garden package. Seems interesting thats why last sunday we went in and go to the setia eco garden show room and check it out. After seeing the house model unit my wife commented that the Kitchen was pathetic small.. then i told myself oops thats it. Indeed thats it ! So i explained to her base on what Setia packages offer we actually are able to buy it. I told her we just buy first anyway the place was not that bad after all, we even went to her colleague's house at Setia eco garden to see. To me it alright..i also find peaceful there as HH. She said dont like the design and the kitchen so i siad to her. OK you want nice design and bigger kitchen can...are you willing to come out huge amount of $$$. I told her buy within our means first, importantly we only two person live in so big for wat. Again she keep quiet. Last she said not now we dont have the money, if she want to buy she will buy something she like or else dont buy.:(

To be honest i dont see any problem with the house. I told her always must start from basic and think why initially we want to get a house in JB.It not about what ppl have it we must have it. It for our future retirement be it investment or live in. Sigh...do know what to say liao.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
DWKY9,

It is better to proceed when comfortable with the finance, after all this is a property purchase. To start living in a new place also takes adjustment, which will add to the stress. Have to see from her point of view too.

Hi abugumgum, Yes i do agreed with you too. Thats why now i dont want to mentioned anything about JB house. I know it not easy.Im prepare for it and i even told her that i will send and pick her to and fro to her work place..:smile: Let see how first loh,,,,for now)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sorry bros and sisters, got to go but IMHO, folks with beautiful large or expensive kitchens tend to do very little cooking (or food isn't so delicious) for fear of dirtying their precious German kitchen. Folks with outdoor kitchen on the other hand, normally cooks up a storm.

Btw, speaking of food, there is a small eatery with pretty nice roti chennai at the HH shops (2 storey) facing the school. The dim sum at the corner isn't fantastic but some of the bao they have over there are nice.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the midst of qtr end and helping a neighbour with his house sale. Wife felt i was kind of taken for granted as i was asked to makes sure his transaction happens by this date, etc and the buyer also needs certain things to be done.

BUT, i couldn't resist logging in to tell you this.

Decisions come and go, the ones that are made are the ones that will remain to haunt or reward you.

When she is in a better mood, do inform her that this is FREEHOLD, not a 99 year leasehold place so whether you do your renovation 5 years, 10 years from now doesn't matter. Its still going to be yours to do. Would you stop buying a car just because the car accessories are expensive? No, unless its high maintenance in terms of running costs, else if you set your mind to it, you should press on, it may not be now but it should be a long term goal and again it doesn't need to be here.

Kulai still has good deals over there. I wish you well. It is important to keep your dreams alive.

Haha Thanks Chief, Im pressing on...I told her that too. well let see the first quarter of next year then...if $$ ok then ask her see what she say and in the mean time just drive her in and if she want loh...for food:smile:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry bros and sisters, got to go but IMHO, folks with beautiful large or expensive kitchens tend to do very little cooking (or food isn't so delicious) for fear of dirtying their precious German kitchen. Folks with outdoor kitchen on the other hand, normally cooks up a storm.

Btw, speaking of food, there is a small eatery with pretty nice roti chennai at the HH shops (2 storey) facing the school. The dim sum at the corner isn't fantastic but some of the bao they have over there are nice.

Hahah Chief, My wife can cook hor...well if theres a chance someday if i got my house in JB i will sure invite you to my place to try her cooking skills..Not becoz shes my wife i say shes good . even my friends and her friends also commented good! She got a lot of creative ideas in cooking. :smile: Thas why kitchen is important to heronce she told me she want a Gordon Ramsay house kitchen...Ahahah ( Btw Gordon Ramsay is a celebrity Chef in TV)

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahah Chief, My wife can cook hor...well if theres a chance someday if i got my house in JB i will sure invite you to my place to try her cooking skills..Not becoz shes my wife i say shes good . even my friends and her friends also commented good! She got a lot of creative ideas in cooking. :smile: Thas why kitchen is important to heronce she told me she want a Gordon Ramsay house kitchen...Ahahah ( Btw Gordon Ramsay is a celebrity Chef in TV)

Not a problem to hack down the wall and extend the kitchen right ? Wont cost too much to do it also .

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes very true, got a close relative who wanted to built Island and designer system kitchen. But I have never seen him cook a dish before.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ahhhh, so she's got u under her 'cooking' thumb. heeeheee. No wonder they say the way to a man's heart is tru his stomach. sigh.... wish I had such commendable cooking skills. I m sure she will cook up a storm if she ever starts a food biz in IM. There's no bizness like food bizness . Hmmm, u two could start home catering biz . ...food for thought. Anyway, all the best in your persuasive skills to get her invest with u in a Johor IM home. Perhaps get a small, cosy one first n later sell off n upgrade if neccessary. Cheers.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Bros n Sistas for the advise and encouragement. I will be there soon or later.. :smile:

Bro
I had to slowly psycho my Minister for Finance from no min limit to foreigners to 250k and then to 500k min limit. Finally managed to physically bring her down n see for herself and now I am in a slow slow take my time to renovate process. Its better late than never. Perseverance is key here. And of course she must be for it then you go ahead :smile:.

Status
Not open for further replies.