• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No need JI to bomb MRT, Incompetence is enough to kill Singaporean commuters

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://uncleyap-news.blogspot.com/2011/12/is-mrt-incompetent-more-live.html

A hundred thousand passengers had been affected by MRT train disrruption of 5 hours yesterday in famiLEE LEEgime's so called First World's Best Land Transportation System claimed. The lost of service affected actually over a million commuters, but dozens of thousands were stuck for a prolonged period of pains, and thousands were trapped in pitch dark and poorly ventilated tunnels.

While disruptions may be inevitable in rare occasions, prolonged stranding is not acceptable at all. This is considered against their usual propagandas of quality and safety, and they frequently staged so called Emergency Exercises and Evacuation Drills.

Proven yesterday that these drills for shows and propagandas are just nothing but usual famiLEE LEEgime falsehoods - very unsurprisingly.

Now we had seen the result of a realistic test.

They are incompetent. Indecisive Slow Coward Kiasu & Kiasi causing overall situation to be for the very worse.

Yesterday was only a technical fault, no terrorism, no sabotage.

But the results from yesterday convinced us that the fate of passengers would had been 1000X worse if MRT had been deliberately attacked or sabotaged to cause emergencies. The reason is clear as crystal - incompetency.

• The tunnels have Lights but not turned on as soon as they became necessary.
  • The Administrative Orders deprived trapped passengers of vital ventilation, by not allowing doors be opened.
  • The Evacuations was badly delayed due to poor decision making.

There will be more, when we dig into it. These are the obvious for now.

Imagine what would be the passengers fate if there were explosions fire flame smoke etc within tunnel? The death toll would be way higher than the terrorists' most optimistic expectations because of Incompetency of MRT.

news URL

<iframe allowfullscreen="" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z0S4L0guve8" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had been quite a number of years since netizens pointed out online that our trains are unable to sustain emergency lights and ventilations when trapped inside the tunnels.

Nothing had been done to resolve this serious shortfall after so many years.

I must point out that the emergency lighting and ventilation must be available and well maintained not just only for trains but also the tunnels itself.

When huge number people got trapped underground, lights and ventilation are crucial for their safety and survival. These must work when even there is smoke filling the tunnels.

When trains were not stuck, the moving trains moves the air and ventilates the tunnels. But the situation entirely changed when trains are stalled. Tunnels will become a mass grave with prolonged stalling of trains and huge number of people trapped without ventilations.:eek:

One more important factor is anti-flooding of tunnels, these days flood happens to any places of Singapore. If water can not be pumped out then better prepare a few thousand body bags!:eek::*:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to agree with you.

:smile:

Saw yr thread.. Good one!

My view is as our MRT system gets older, breakdowns are happening like this. We have to compare against say NY or London where their tunnels and rails systems are OVER A Century Old, yet they are not getting the shit like us. Why?:rolleyes: That is a measurement of COMPETENCY.

famiLEE LEEgime relied very heavily on using BRAND NEW equipments and machines to impress people, while they are ZERO to handle old things. SIA planes are very typical examples. Malaysian KTM trains are also century old. However ABLE to get going without throwing to much money into it. That is called management and technical care. Something that we seriously lack.

Millions of Singaporeans work / school / leasure / shop via the MRT daily, literally we live by that system. Yet had no idea how vulnerable we are. Until something happen.

Smaller scale faults happened before and we pointed out problems before. Yet they swept under their carpets as usual. :mad::(:*:

Damn Chow Kuan attitude damn irresponsible.

We are not asking for Damn Hi-Tech luxury system. Just a simple emergency light & ventilation. Something very common and basic.

Simplest example:
emergency-lighting-365629.jpg

smoketunnels.jpg

Alsynite-Hatches.jpg

P1010377.2.JPG

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, if one could get away with losing billions, why should one worry about anything? Any disasters, even those including hundreds of deaths, can be excused by dumb Singaporeans.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
630yahoo-mrt_041413.jpg

heaven getting very angry...earth getting very angry...i fear for more warnings and more failures....better wake up....

weetabix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't fret. Sinkies wil just take it on the chin, and "move on". cos sinkies only know how to accept it as life in peesai land. soon , sinkie will be called sankie and when 2016 comes .. it will be sunkie. Sink , sank and then ... sunk.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Keep Seeing Unrealistic Exercises Held Time After Time

I had been quite a number of years since netizens pointed out online that our trains are unable to sustain emergency lights and ventilations when trapped inside the tunnels.

Nothing had been done to resolve this serious shortfall after so many years.

I must point out that the emergency lighting and ventilation must be available and well maintained not just only for trains but also the tunnels itself.

When huge number people got trapped underground, lights and ventilation are crucial for their safety and survival. These must work when even there is smoke filling the tunnels.

When trains were not stuck, the moving trains moves the air and ventilates the tunnels. But the situation entirely changed when trains are stalled. Tunnels will become a mass grave with prolonged stalling of trains and huge number of people trapped without ventilations.:eek:

One more important factor is anti-flooding of tunnels, these days flood happens to any places of Singapore. If water can not be pumped out then better prepare a few thousand body bags!:eek::*:

They should have a REAL exercise NOT a FAKE one ! You can see them 'rescuing' victims in a VERY comfortable environment. My God ! Air-con, bright lighting, proper staircases, no obstacles, no smoke, etc. Go to hell lah PAP ! Wayang party telling old folks and silly women out there that Sinkingland is 'safe' and 'under controlled'.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I Keep Seeing Unrealistic Exercises Held Time After Time

I find it quite amazing that in the event of a breakdown in the train system, these things failed to happen:

1) Backup lighting inside train carriages
2) Backup ventilation system inside train carriages.
3) All train doors can be opened manually from the inside.
4) PA system from station control always on, transmitting information and instructions from station control.

Imagine boarding a plane and having no life jacket or oxygen mask at your seat, and the cabin exit doors are not labelled.
SMRT has utterly failed the fundamentals of safety.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

They should have a REAL exercise NOT a FAKE one ! You can see them 'rescuing' victims in a VERY comfortable environment. My God ! Air-con, bright lighting, proper staircases, no obstacles, no smoke, etc. Go to hell lah PAP ! Wayang party telling old folks and silly women out there that Sinkingland is 'safe' and 'under controlled'.

Precisely! That was a good realistic test yesterday revealing some truth of these famiLEE LEEgime falsehood.:mad:

Their drills pretended terrorism gas attacks etc bullshit. Aimed to falsely impress people.:mad:

If yesterday was something more serious e.g. electrical fire in tunnel with smoke, that's it! Lui Tuck Yew have to attend too many wakes and send funerals for MRT passengers already.:*:

No need any JI bombs. Yesterday merely one joker fart in the MRT train all die liao. :p Because no ventilation!

For those UN-fortunate people who experienced being trapped in the e.g. HDB lifts, there were fortunately some lights and ventilations. I was stuck for 25 mins in one bloody lucky incident, no blackout, have weak ventilation, sweat like an animal at the end. Want to go toilet also can not! KNN!:*:

How can MRT be worst than lifts in terms of emergency lights and ventilation? :confused: Where is the freaking logic?

LTA must have a very strict limit for this. e.g. 20 Mins MAX, beyond that the trains must let passengers out of trains when they got stranded in tunnel or overhead rail. They should be charged for unlawful detention / restrain of passengers otherwise.

For the case of lift emergencies, may be there was no way, but trains have some exit that passengers can still walk out.

LTA must have legislation preventing train passengers to be subjected to prolonged blackout due to technical faults. E.g. emergency lights must come on within 15 seconds max after the regular lights goes of. This must be public safety law, for public transport & e.g. hospitals & public buildings. That emergency lightings are supposed to last a minimal period for people to escape to safety.

2004-SGP-Power-Blackout-copy.jpg

It very simple technology for LEDs to be used e.g. 3-5 watts near each train doors. Triggered by light level and IR (human detection) sensors, and each carry their own backup batteries. Emergency ventilation fans by similar batteries should be automatically turned on similar IR detection & sensor to Aircon circuit to detect Aircon failure, minimum @ 30 watts per train door area.

At peak hour like yesterday's fiasco, our MRT trains are ultra packed. I can tell you that 30W ventilation is inadequate also for that situation. You will need 300W for that, but battery limitation is the issue.:(

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal

Their drills pretended terrorism gas attacks etc bullshit. Aimed to falsely impress people.:mad:
(

This is worse especially when they know some ministars will be coming to take a look at a drill. I can bet they will script and rehearse so well that will make whoever is there overwhelmed. This incident peels off the facade and exposes the inadequacies within that we thought would never happen. Then someone will turn this incident to a reminder lesson in his or her public speech to teach us Singaporeans to wake up as though all the KPKB in forums or other media is a sign of weakness of taking things for granted.

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is worse especially when they know some ministars will be coming to take a look at a drill. I can bet they will script and rehearse so well that will make whoever is there overwhelmed. This incident peels off the facade and exposes the inadequacies within that we thought would never happen. Then someone will turn this incident to a reminder lesson in his or her public speech to teach us Singaporeans to wake up as though all the KPKB in forums or other media is a sign of weakness of taking things for granted.

Kay-Kiang 假厉害 as usual. Want to pretend to be Si-Bay-Kiang 很厉害 then indeed only nothing but Hao-Siao 蒙混 .

When the real problem comes - nothing but their very own faults and failures on basic maintenance, they failed completely to even just clean-up their own shit. 自己大便都不会擦屁股,漏一整裤。Lao-Gui-Kor literally. 还要假厉害? Still want Wayang?

:mad::oIo:

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get Real Lui Tuck Yew!

What's World Class or 1st World transportation here?

We take bus the SBS will take us out of Singapore Island-wide FOC tour of 2 hours.

We take MRT and we are suffocated inside dark tunnels for hours again.:*:

We want to complain to your Loong boss and he is Keng On Leave for X'mas already with Ho Jinx?

:mad::mad::oIo:

How to settle? Huh?

Don't act blur OK?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Most of the population would just sigh, take it in their stride and move on. It will soon be forgotten like the female head found in Orchard MRT station, flooding etc. The powers that be has long forgotten that most of the people are very forgiving if you only treat them decently and with respect.

I can only hope that they won't blame this incident now on the population and say this happens because of their fault, complacency, etc.

Last edited:

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any potential terrorist would DIE from the laughter at the clowns running the SMRT.

1. Security measures of SMRT totally non-existent from the 2 incidents of vandalism at the train depot.

2. SMRT staff have NO idea of what goes on inside MRT trains- commuters can eat and drink in MRT trains without detection, all the CCTV and TV monitors in their FISH TANKS at the stations are for show ony. In the past, people have even fallen onto MRT tracks with MRT staff totally un-aware. Those MRT Staff sitting inside the 'FISH TANK' are really 'JIAK LEOW BEE'.

3. All the civil defence measures, evacuation from trains are just WAYANG show judging from the slow response to the rescue of trapped commuters in non-ventilated and unlit trains. What ever happened to emergency backup power for lights and ventilation?????

weetabix

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder forums are allowed to thrive in sinkie land. Yes , all come here ot KPKB and then keep their cyber life separated from real life. Ah Gong knows as long as poor little sinkies at a place to vent their frustration ad happiness , unlikely to go out to wreck havoc in the real world. Dun believe ? ask the 60% ... and also see for yourself come 2016.

MRT incident is a disgrace. Too bad not enuf impact cos not enuf press coverage from around the world , if not , you wanna bet , ah gong's action will be swift , decisive and merciless. of course, if he comes out , some haeds will have to roll.

So , in the meantime for the 40% , sit back , put your legs up on the stoll , lie back and say : " I told you so... "