• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chopstick Pickpockets - it takes skills

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4WmvaFbPxxs?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
My prc ex-gf was once a victim of the infamous Xinjiang pickpocket syndicate.

The best part is thanks to her uncle's 'contacts', days later she managed to get back all her IDs & cards sans the cash & purse of course.

Be vigilant when traveling in China.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you hold a pair of chopsticks? Half-way? Three-quarters? How do you use it? X-crossed? V-tipped?

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do you hold a pair of chopsticks? Half-way? Three-quarters? How do you use it? X-crossed? V-tipped?

Correct way to use chopsticks is never X-cross. Hold 3/4 up and V-grip. People grabbing chopsticks halfway and X-cross simply look silly LOL

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chopsticks are a silly invention. What for struggle with cirss-crossing two sticks X or V. Just use a fork will. Even in Chinese or Japanese restaurant, I ask for a fork. That's the best.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chopsticks are a silly invention. What for struggle with cirss-crossing two sticks X or V. Just use a fork will. Even in Chinese or Japanese restaurant, I ask for a fork. That's the best.
Chopstick got long history lah, and it's practical....

Actually the combination of using fork and spoon are not a practise by the westerners, if I'm not wrong....

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where's dat wong fei hong comment on tis? ...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's a silly Eurasian who knows nuts about the finese of enjoying eating. My goodness. Eating Japanese food with fork? He should stick to his hamburgers.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

we know u are a mix-blood with royalites status flowing in it, but don't try to insult other cultures cutlery. what about ur english fork? its just a miniture version of a farming tool that is used to create a haystack.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
we know u are a mix-blood with royalites status flowing in it, but don't try to insult other cultures cutlery. what about ur english fork? its just a miniture version of a farming tool that is used to create a haystack.

Pardon me with my sincere apologies. I only speak in practicality. I think that a fork is sufficient and easy enough to eat anything however humble it is.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pardon you, no problem, the art of eating with chopsticks will never be understood or appreciated by the the likes of you.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How to enjoy noodle/mee/ramen/bee hoon/hor fan/tim sum without chopstick? Even Teochew porridge taste better with chopstick, and preferably bamboo chopsticks.

Chopstick = best culinary invention, simple, practical and cheap. Over bllion people use it for thousand years. Can't be wrong.

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon you, no problem, the art of eating with chopsticks will never be understood or appreciated by the the likes of you.

How to enjoy noodle/mee/ramen/bee hoon/hor fan/tim sum without chopstick? Even Teochew porridge taste better with chopstick, and preferably bamboo chopsticks.

Chopstick = best culinary invention, simple, practical and cheap. Over bllion people use it for thousand years. Can't be wrong.

A pair of chopsticks whether bamboo or plastic can't make your rice or noodle taste better. It's all in the mind. Like how can a fork make your rice or noodle taste worse? But it's practiically easier to use.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A pair of chopsticks whether bamboo or plastic can't make your rice or noodle taste better. It's all in the mind. Like how can a fork make your rice or noodle taste worse? But it's practiically easier to use.
The difference between one who enjoy the food and one who eat for the sake of eating is the joy of eating. Fork and spoon is good for mixed vegetable rice and chicken rice, maybe fried rice. I prefer to eat fried rice with small bowl and chopstick. Chopsticks suitable for most asian foods. Fork and knife, probably western food. And hands! best for eating crab,big prawns, glutinous rice, and roti prate. Yes, I prefer to use my hands for eating roti prata as long as there are washing areas nearby. Imagine tearing the head of the prawns and sucking the juice, and licking the fingers. The crabs even better with hands.

Wow. Me so hungry now.