• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yishun cyclist kisiao at zebra crossing.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically cyclist should not be allowed to cycle across a zebra crossing because of the speed it can travel.

Pedestrians on foot are easier to negotiate by oncoming drivers to respond accordingly.

superpower

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Pedestrian crossings are for pedestrians on foot. So a cyclist should dismount and walk his bike across.
2. All pedestrians should wait (to signal intent to cross for oncoming driver) for the vehicle to stop at the crossing before proceeding to cross the road.
3. The car should have slowed down before the crossing whether there was anyone waiting to cross or not (see point 2).

Overall, the cyclist is more at fault than the driver.

desmondo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cyclists should dismount from their bike and push their bike just like a pedestrian if they want to use the pedestrians crossing ( Zebra crossing and traffic light junctions). The pedestrian crossings is for pedestrian to cross safely not for cyclists. It should be an offence for cyclists to ride on pedestrian crossing for the safety of the pedestrians.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Cyclists should dismount from their bike and push their bike just like a pedestrian if they want to use the pedestrians crossing ( Zebra crossing and traffic light junctions). The pedestrian crossings is for pedestrian to cross safely not for cyclists. It should be an offence for cyclists to ride on pedestrian crossing for the safety of the pedestrians.
i always half dismount and stop and wait till car halts before i commence cycling across the zebra crossing. it's something that my late step grandfather inculcate in me since when i was a little boy

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Over the last decade, the population on this island has skyrocketed, and the regime has been excessively pandering to the fraternity of road cyclists, constructing facilities and amenities for their exclusive use.

Such incidents are inevitable.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Technically cyclist should not be allowed to cycle across a zebra crossing because of the speed it can travel.

Pedestrians on foot are easier to negotiate by oncoming drivers to respond accordingly.
I tot they should get down and push their cycle across the zebra crossing?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are far off the zebra cross, don't expect drivers to stop for you, same to those joggers, give and take keep our world moving

Pedestrians (including cyclists who cross zebra crossings) should always check their blind spot. It is a good habit to have.

Same for crossing the narrow roads at a high SES residential area, or walking across an open-air HDB carpark. Check your blind spots.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pedestrians (including cyclists who cross zebra crossings) should always check their blind spot. It is a good habit to have.

Same for crossing the narrow roads at a high SES residential area, or walking across an open-air HDB carpark. Check your blind spots.
Nowadays, many many are busy checking their IPhone with Wireless EarBuds..

I saw few cases they even cross the road when the Car Traffic Light is Green...esp Ah Neh bros

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yishun again....

BVmLmMK.jpeg