• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg video] - Car knocks down cyclist using zebra crossing at junction in Punggol. Whose fault?

ODACHEK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both also at fault. Car should have slowed down and cyclist should have gotten off his bike before crossing.
If I'm the cyclist, I will anticipate any incoming cars from the other lane and slow down as I KNOW it is 2-lane road. The kumgong cyclist no such analytical skill.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Both also at fault. Car should have slowed down and cyclist should have gotten off his bike before crossing.
i also encounter similar incident when cycling before but heng is i not speeding like the cyclist in video. then after that i learnt my lesson to wait for car to really stop irrespective of whether green man light is in my favour when i crossing road on my bike

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Car's fault. The driver should stop at a zebra crossing when there are people at the crossing. Be it cyclist or not.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I'm the cyclist, I will anticipate any incoming cars from the other lane and slow down as I KNOW it is 2-lane road. The kumgong cyclist no such analytical skill.
The car on right lane stopped.
So cyclist thought it polite not to delay him for his thoughtfulness.

VanDick

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can see the Auxilliary Police van behind. So did it stop by to help, or did it just drive off because its none of their shit?

Btw, I don't see any blood. Its not satisfying enough.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The driver is always at fault when knocking down someone at a zebra crossing.

By the way, do they let the young brats in MOE schools go to the Road Safety Park at East Coast Park? I went there a number of times during my primary school days. There, you can learn the art of crossing a zebra crossing as a pedestrian.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By right all cyclists should dismount when crossing the road. They should also dismount when walking on overhead bridges. :biggrin:

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is expensive COE with high premium insurance versus cheapo bicycle riden by lowly SES