• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Worse Olympic closing ceremony ever following their worse opening ever

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In years to come, no one will really care about the Opening or Closing ceremonies. They will remember it for the sporting achievements in between and for that London 2012 nailed it.

Roll on Rio 2016.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surprised to see Fatboy slim playing the old skool big beats

[video=youtube;_88zmtVvg8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_88zmtVvg8o[/video]

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but not much different from the run of the mill type of ceremonies.....UK one on the other hand was totally refreshing.

what wrong with run of the mill, if every other olympic ceremonies are run in same way, only UK is different. what does that tell you?
It tell you , it is retard idea and no one crazy to do it. London concert will be forgotten in history in a few days. You keep saying only USA and UK can do these concert, but US olympic ceremony never gone down this path. Why?

brazil 8 mins show case has proven that they will go to your so call run of the mill type.

As it should be. It is proper, there is time for concert and olympic is not one of them.

you seen the darcy bussell and royal ballet performance , that is your so call run of the mill performance , it is fantastic, 10 of these type , and i will proclaim beijing soundly beaten, but it was not to be.

only full of has been - old and tired pop stars.

Except queen with jessis j and always look on the bright side of life - they are awesome. Royal ballet - flicking awesome.

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was expecting to hear these songs during the closing ceremony:

Streets of London by Roger Whittaker
London Bridge is falling down by Sarah Collins

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
amercian NBC cut off pheonix of the flame, ballet segment which is run of the mill type olympic performance from tv to show commerical. it is the only piece in london where the dance and movement is sync to music, dancers all performing in sync, it is the best performance of london. I love it. Too bad, the same cannot be said for the other performances.

look at it, such wonderful performance, rejected by some forummer because it is run of the mill. It is run of the mill because there is actually a fxxking reason.

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
China 2008 Olympic has set a Bench mark standard for their Opening and closing,
seem to me London did not fare well compered to China. Not even near 50% mark!

So China well done although it was 4 years ago!!!

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
2012 Beats the 2008 Opening and closing Ceremony Hands down!! This is also my Favorite Olympic Ever!!!! You can't beat The Brits/Americans when it comes to Creativity and coming up with something Refreshing!! Just Awesome. 2008 is so Generic and Enough of all that barbaric drum beating, flying monks and kungfu shit,:biggrin: I Prefer art.

I can't wait for the 2016 Rio's SAMBA

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012 Beats the 2008 Opening and closing Ceremony Hands down!! This is also my Favorite Olympic Ever!!!! You can't beat The Brits/Americans when it comes to Creativity and coming up with something Refreshing!! Just Awesome. Enough of all that barbaric drum beating and kungfu shit,:biggrin: I Prefer art.

i cannot agree with that assessment. i am not bias, i like london more than beijing, i have been to both. i only can judge on what i saw.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China 2008 Olympic has set a Bench mark standard for their Opening and closing,
seem to me London did not fare well compered to China. Not even near 50% mark!

So China well done although it was 4 years ago!!!

beijing will not be topple for another 100 years. the olympic opening ceremony legacy is assure.

KoalaJack

Alfrescian
Loyal
2012 Beats the 2008 Opening and closing Ceremony Hands down!! This is also my Favorite Olympic Ever!!!! You can't beat The Brits/Americans when it comes to Creativity and coming up with something Refreshing!! Just Awesome. 2008 is so Generic and Enough of all that barbaric drum beating, flying monks and kungfu shit,:biggrin: I Prefer art.

agreed...london 2012 ceremonys were way cooler. to get Freddie to interact with the crowd again like Wembley 85 was awesome!!!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

agreed...london 2012 ceremonys were way cooler. to get Freddie to interact with the crowd again like Wembley 85 was awesome!!!

interact with brits, yes, what about the rest of the world. we dun understand what that short segment about.

KoalaJack

Alfrescian
Loyal
kindly refer to Queen's 1985 wembley concert and you will undertsand that short segment....its on youtube too. cheers

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the closing ceremony is enjoyable. i dunno what's the complaining about. Maybe such 1st world show are not meant for 3rd world sinkies.

siangsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
no. the weather in the UK over the last weekend was very good. no frontal system.

RedDog is just a retarded wannabe keyboard warrior.

obviously he is in part of london that is raining. it is a very big city, one part can be raining, while another part sunny.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the closing ceremony is enjoyable. i dunno what's the complaining about. Maybe such 1st world show are not meant for 3rd world sinkies.

so maybe according to you, america is third world too, or canada is third world, australia is third world too, because none of them follow london format, they all must be third world. according to tonychat logic.

cowpehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal

sound like you are ANgmo or anglophile...anything white is supreme,,anything from colored people are babaric and shit...maybe that is a reflection of staff in your head...

Looks, brits are bloody broke..can only afford street party with taxis , buses and trucks to show off...well, they have finished all the loots from colonisation,,and in great debt..
of course brits can show off some pop cultures, and buses n taxis..but,,is there no other anglo-saxon cultures to show..just jumping, screamings,..around..

olympic is a world event with a confluence of all races and cultures..what was distinctly missing is a central theme of human unity, harmony..like what was portrayed in Beijing theme song,'one world , one people'...what we saw is overwheimingly British inwards mentality of a 'Great Britain' who is in rapid decline in world stage..

to sum up, a cheap ,and self centred british pop culture show..that is all about it...