• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Worse Olympic closing ceremony ever following their worse opening ever

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012 Beats the 2008 Opening and closing Ceremony Hands down!! This is also my Favorite Olympic Ever!!!! You can't beat The Brits/Americans when it comes to Creativity and coming up with something Refreshing!! Just Awesome. 2008 is so Generic and Enough of all that barbaric drum beating, flying monks and kungfu shit,:biggrin: I Prefer art.

I can't wait for the 2016 Rio's SAMBA

You write like this cos you are a cock sucker for the brits and americans and hate chinese that's all.

Anyway what you wrote is pure BS. Creativity my ass! You only put in that as an excuse to hide your biasness.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
beijing will not be topple for another 100 years. the olympic opening ceremony legacy is assure.

Oh you'll find many detractors who disagree not because they are objective but they are bias simply because the one hosting the ceremony is china. Suppose the same ceremony was hosted by say the UK or the US these people would be praising that ceremony to the skies.

As usual it isn't the standard of the ceremony that is in question. It's who is hosting the ceremony that determines how these ppl judge them. If china hosted it or perhaps some country they dislike they will find all ways and means to find fault with it. If the US hosts it they will find all means and ways to praise it no matter how many cock ups there are.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sound like you are ANgmo or anglophile...anything white is supreme,,anything from colored people are babaric and shit...maybe that is a reflection of staff in your head...

Looks, brits are bloody broke..can only afford street party with taxis , buses and trucks to show off...well, they have finished all the loots from colonisation,,and in great debt..
of course brits can show off some pop cultures, and buses n taxis..but,,is there no other anglo-saxon cultures to show..just jumping, screamings,..around..

olympic is a world event with a confluence of all races and cultures..what was distinctly missing is a central theme of human unity, harmony..like what was portrayed in Beijing theme song,'one world , one people'...what we saw is overwheimingly British inwards mentality of a 'Great Britain' who is in rapid decline in world stage..

to sum up, a cheap ,and self centred british pop culture show..that is all about it...

That is correct but you'll have ppl telling you hey brit pop culture is known world wide. FYI taio cruz that sang that pop song isn't from the UK. Many of their songs are actually american songs and not british and since when was british synonymous with american culture?

The length some of these cock suckers will go to shows how degenerate they are.

InternetSurfer

Please lah... America is British like how Taiwan is China!!!

That is correct but you'll have ppl telling you hey brit pop culture is known world wide. FYI taio cruz that sang that pop song isn't from the UK. Many of their songs are actually american songs and not british and since when was british synonymous with american culture?

The length some of these cock suckers will go to shows how degenerate they are.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
What i saw was the worse olympic closing ceremony ever!! bar none.

At least the Poms are consistent, it follows their worse Olympic opening ceremony ever.

It make me laugh how crappy it was, in fact the short 10-15 mins of Brazil presentation bring more Olympic style ceremony than the whole Poms ceremony.

I thought they will struggle to beat Beijing, but i did not expect them to commit suicide.

I am sure the stupid Poms will think their Olympic opening and closing ceremony are greatest ever. But i am sure 1948 one even beat this one. At least 1948 did not get tainted by pop culture.

i disagree with u that the poms have bad opening and closing ceremony. britain is so proud of their celebrities. if a country has lots of well known celebrities and the legendary singers, why wont a country call upon their legends and super stars to perform? britain has shown the world that it has gone way back to the past to bring its successful singers and celebrities to do an honorary closing of the olympic ceremony.

whereas china is still new to the olympics and they dont have world well known celebrities to perform. but i m pretty sure they will use their celebrities to perform in the olympic ceremony in the future.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. honest, i like the brits opening & closing ceremony, finds it very meaningful.
2. i believe every host country has its means and way presenting the olympics.
3. there should not be any comparison unless a specific host really sucks big time!

totally agreed. i think they bring their best performers to do the entertainment. they bring out the culture. perhaps the creator of the thread didn't live in the british pop culture era....

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spice Girls for fuck. They can't sing.

u dead rite about this. look at victoria beckham. she just tried to dance, but looked like a vase on that car. i wonder why they brought the spice girls to sing. they can't even perform to standard

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i disagree with u that the poms have bad opening and closing ceremony. britain is so proud of their celebrities. if a country has lots of well known celebrities and the legendary singers, why wont a country call upon their legends and super stars to perform? britain has shown the world that it has gone way back to the past to bring its successful singers and celebrities to do an honorary closing of the olympic ceremony.

whereas china is still new to the olympics and they dont have world well known celebrities to perform. but i m pretty sure they will use their celebrities to perform in the olympic ceremony in the future.

Fyi China does have well known celebs. Jackie chan is known world wide, same as jet li but they aren't singers though. It cannot be helped since english is more widely spoken by different races even though there are more mandarin speakers in the world. To tell you the truth the celebs that they used in the olympics the majority 90% of them aren't world renowned. The beatles are obviously famous world wide but ppl like annie lennox who hasn't even been on the music scene for years? No she isn't that famous. She was the singer that showed up in that devil ship performance. Taio cruz might be british but that song he sung sounds so american and it's also famous in euro techno circles isn't exactly known world wide since it's a recent song. David bowie is more famous since he's been doing it since the 70s but world renowned? Not really, i don't think ppl of today even know any david bowie songs. The spice girls are pretty famous but i think they only did the opening ceremony and they are old news.

Therefore to correct you it's not British pop stars that are world famous but rather AMERICAN ones that are world famous. Michael jackson comes to mind. He's so famous that ppl that don't even listen to his music know who he is. Madonna, rolling stones etc. Rolling stones are british but they didn't perform. Go back and look at the list of the performers and tell me honestly if even 50% on the list can even be called world famous. FYI it's just the brits riding on the hype created by the americans and the fact that there are a few major anglo countries spread out across the globe like canada, US and aus with sizeable markets that allows a british singer to get more exposure compared to a singer of another language take japanese for eg or even worse a country with less economic clout like vietnam. A singer in the vietnamese language gets very little world wide exposure. Back to the topic even with exposure in english speaking countries that still does not constitute as world renowned. Emile sande for eg who also sang at the olympics and has her album at the top of the charts isn't well known in the states for eg. You can go look at the UK music charts or the bill board and chances are you wouldn't recognize about 60% of the ppl there unless you constantly listen to pop music or work in the industry like a dj for eg. These were the ppl that performed at the olympics.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u dead rite about this. look at victoria beckham. she just tried to dance, but looked like a vase on that car. i wonder why they brought the spice girls to sing. they can't even perform to standard

Spice girls are world famous ma. Which other girl band could they bring out?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why So Depressed ?

637px-H1087_Samba-kulkue_C.JPG

utterly besotted with those choreographed group formation performances.

And some shitheads here who are fanatically pro-Tiongland ("my grandparents are from China hurrr durrr") obviously think that the best way (other than incessantly trumpeting China's medal tally) to add glory to their motherland would be to bash the Poms. Beijing 2008 = good! London 2012 = bad! I bet they get an erection from watching the Ip Man movies.

And a prediction for Rio 2016: Brazilians like to party (see Carnaval) Mardi Gras style, so you can expect to see less regimented bullshit that is found in North Korea, China... and every August 9th in a certain shitty island in SE Asia.

Sorry hor in Sinkiesland we can't even find a proper well choreographed dance steps for every NDP (not pro enough). If you are a viewer in a huge stadium, you can't even see a face or expression from a performer unless you have a big LED display in front of you.

We can see whether there were efforts being put into the show or performance by looking at the precision of the dancing number. That's why some South Korean pop group like SNSD are well received by many. Standard and precision do wow the world. Ay, we are not blind ah.

Even the Brazilian Samba dancing in 2016 should also need to be well choreographed too. :rolleyes:

Tell me why must some of these people from these so-called democratic countries wanna watch synchronised swimming ? Tell me why beauty is associated with symmetry ? :cool:

My advice is : you need to have yer brain checked. :wink:

article-1145842-038751a3000005dc-439_468x286.jpg

[video=youtube;F0kD138mk2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0kD138mk2g[/video]

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
You write like this cos you are a cock sucker for the brits and americans and hate chinese that's all.

Anyway what you wrote is pure BS. Creativity my ass! You only put in that as an excuse to hide your biasness.

Nay, Your just too sensitive and puts race into every perspective, If you reverse both the opening and closing ceremony between both nations, You will still be bias.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nay, Your just too sensitive and puts race into every perspective, If you reverse both the opening and closing ceremony between both nations, You will still be bias.

Would you honestly tell me if the brits hosted the olympics ceremonies in the style of china's while china hosted theirs in the manner of the brits would you still praise the brits and condemn the chinese or would you change your opinion? Comeon be honest.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal
do u agree or dont agree that the poms have good closing ceremony?

Fyi China does have well known celebs. Jackie chan is known world wide, same as jet li but they aren't singers though. It cannot be helped since english is more widely spoken by different races even though there are more mandarin speakers in the world. To tell you the truth the celebs that they used in the olympics the majority 90% of them aren't world renowned. The beatles are obviously famous world wide but ppl like annie lennox who hasn't even been on the music scene for years? No she isn't that famous. She was the singer that showed up in that devil ship performance. Taio cruz might be british but that song he sung sounds so american and it's also famous in euro techno circles isn't exactly known world wide since it's a recent song. David bowie is more famous since he's been doing it since the 70s but world renowned? Not really, i don't think ppl of today even know any david bowie songs. The spice girls are pretty famous but i think they only did the opening ceremony and they are old news.

Therefore to correct you it's not British pop stars that are world famous but rather AMERICAN ones that are world famous. Michael jackson comes to mind. He's so famous that ppl that don't even listen to his music know who he is. Madonna, rolling stones etc. Rolling stones are british but they didn't perform. Go back and look at the list of the performers and tell me honestly if even 50% on the list can even be called world famous. FYI it's just the brits riding on the hype created by the americans and the fact that there are a few major anglo countries spread out across the globe like canada, US and aus with sizeable markets that allows a british singer to get more exposure compared to a singer of another language take japanese for eg or even worse a country with less economic clout like vietnam. A singer in the vietnamese language gets very little world wide exposure. Back to the topic even with exposure in english speaking countries that still does not constitute as world renowned. Emile sande for eg who also sang at the olympics and has her album at the top of the charts isn't well known in the states for eg. You can go look at the UK music charts or the bill board and chances are you wouldn't recognize about 60% of the ppl there unless you constantly listen to pop music or work in the industry like a dj for eg. These were the ppl that performed at the olympics.